AuthorTopic: ✈️ Billionaires Plan Escape From Apocalypse  (Read 431 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
✈️ Billionaires Plan Escape From Apocalypse
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:02:34 AM »
https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/09/07/billionaires-plan-escape-from-apocalypse/

September 7, 2018
Billionaires Plan Escape From Apocalypse
by Robert Hunziker

Photo Source Kuba Bożanowski | CC BY 2.0

Well, the harsh truth about the integrity and fortitude of billionaires is finally out in the open for all to see, and the results are repugnant: Billionaires are gutless, chicken-hearted cowards. The proof is found in the pudding as several Silicon Valley billionaires purchase massive underground bunkers built in Murchison, Texas shipped to New Zealand, where the bunkers are buried in secret underground nests.

All of which begs this question: What’s with capitalism/capitalists? As soon as things turn sour, they turn south with tails between their legs and hightail it out of Dodge. However, they feast on and love steady, easy, orderly avenues (markets) to riches, but as soon as things heat up a bit, they turn tail and run.

History proves it time and again, for example, FDR rescued capitalism, literally rescued it, from certain demise by instituting social welfare programs for all of the citizens as capitalists fled and/or jumped off buildings.

Then during the 2008 financial meltdown capitalists were found curled up in the corners of rooms as all hell broke lose. Taxpayers, “Everyday Joes,” had to bail them out with $700B in public funds, and even more after that. All public funds! Taxpayers, average Americans, bailed them out!

Capitalists can’t take the heat as well as gritty American industrial workers that ended up bailing them out of the “jam of the century.” As explained by Allen Sinai chief global economist for Decision Economics, Inc, discussing Milton ‘laissez-faire’ Friedman’s free-market dogma vis a vis the 2008 economic meltdown: “The free market is not geared to take care of the casualties, because there’s no profit motive.”

The chicken-hearts from Silicon Valley already have Gulfstream G550s ($70M each) readied at a Nevada airstrip for the quickie escape journey to NZ.

Escape, from what?

Well, of course, the 99%, you silly!

This revelation comes from Robert Vicino, founder of the Vivos Project, a builder of massive underground bunkers who claims the Silicon Valley elites developed detailed plans to flee to New Zealand while attending the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland where the world’s richest biggest kahunas meet every year to take victory laps and discuss future biz battles.

According to Vicino: “They foresaw a revolution or a change where society is going to go after the 1 per centers. In other words, them.” (Source: Olivia Carville, Wealthy Americans Have Stepped up Investment in New Zealand. Parliament Votes to Ban Foreigners From Buying Bolt-Hole Homes, Bloomberg LP, Sept 5, 2018)

Maybe a copy of Jean-Paul Marat’s Chains of Slavery (publ. 1774) was passed out as bedtime reading material at Davos. Surely a radical political theorists like Marat’s verbal flailing of “princes/aristocrats” with extremely harsh mean-spirited judgment must have dealt them a sleepless night or two.

And maybe the nighttime reading packet also included Victor Hugo’s Ninety-Three (publ. 1874), which discussed the beheading of King Louis XVI, the Terror, and the monarchist revolt that was brutally suppressed by the new Republic. Heads rolled!

Whatever the source or reason, something happened to flush-out these yellow belly lily livered fraidy-cats, out into the open, but actually deep underground where they’ll live in constant fear that the 99% will hunt them down. Lest they forget, when mobs ruled France, thousands of aristocrats lost their heads to the guillotine, not a fun prospect, which likely has today’s billionaires shaking in their Lucchese boots. Otherwise, why the elaborate plans?

The sorriest part to this story has everything to do with the “privileged” aspect imbedded in the glory of capitalism, which ratchets upwards in lock step with vast monetary accumulation. The formula seems to be that the more money one has the more “privileges” one is entitled to at the expense of everybody else, same as 18th century France in Hugo’s Ninety-Three, wherein an aristocrat’s carriage hit and ran over (and killed) the child of a poor family but the aristocrat, without hesitating, kept on going lickety-split to his estate to hide behind locked gates, which is another example of a yellow belly lily livered chicken that can’t take the heat when times get rough.

Evidently, money doesn’t equate to toughness because a principled billionaire would stay back and help in times of trouble, not run for cover. Billionaire plans to escape as soon as things turn rough is a sure sign of weak-kneed namby-pamby pansies on the premises!

Victor Hugo comprehended the French Revolution very well. The aristocrats, whilst prancing about in goofy ruffled clothes and sprayed with perfume and riding in golden carriages, turned up their noses at the masses, looking down upon them with contempt. No help for the starving. In turn, their hubris turned hungry masses into a machine of mass murder as they roamed the streets in search of some dignity, similar to America’s bereft industrial cities today; loss of dignity turns people into something different, nothing to lose, anger, elect Trump, get really mad, do crazy things. In Paris in the 18th C they killed the rich, with abandon.

Actually, billionaires today have much more to consider other than a French Revolution-style uprising that targets the one-percent (them). There are other factors at work like nuclear war, a killer germ, or climate Armageddon, when every street turns dangerous with gangs trolling for food and gasoline and ammo and rich people.

Solving all of those nasty problems, New Zealand allows émigrés to buy residency via investor visas. As a result, super wealthy Americans have poured a fortune into the country and whenever possible acquire palatial estates. For example, James Cameron of Titanic fame bought a mansion at Lake Pounui.

Sotheby’s claims several well-heeled Americans have bought multimillion-dollar properties in the Queenstown area over the past two years. Maybe these billionaires are privy to information of a pending alert or upcoming disaster. Who knows?

Peter Thiel, the PayPal billionaire and renowned super-super-super libertarian and unapologetic Trumpster love-fester achieved New Zealand citizenship in only 12 days and bought not only his citizenship but a $13.8M estate in Wanaka, a lakeside community.

According to a phone interview with the former PM of New Zealand John Key, “If you’re the sort of person that says I’m going to have an alternative plan when Armageddon strikes, then you would pick the farthest location and the safest environment – and that equals New Zealand if you Google it… It’s known as the last bus stop on the planet before you hit Antarctica. I’ve had a lot of people say to me that they would like to own a property in New Zealand if the world goes to hell in a handbasket.” (Ibid)

Hence, when Armageddon hits, all of the billionaires will huddle together in New Zealand.

That’s really creepy!
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline John of Wallan

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: ✈️ Billionaires Plan Escape From Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 05:34:28 AM »
The Apocalypse already hit Un Zud long ago, just no one noticed.

Best place to send the rich psychopaths.
The soft rich Americans wont last 5 minutes once the local Maori mob get wind of them hiding on their land in relative luxury while those around are suffering.. Played rugby against a few in the army. Believe me, they are bullet proof! 

JOW

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 06:58:38 AM »

The soft rich Americans wont last 5 minutes once the local Maori mob get wind of them hiding on their land in relative luxury while those around are suffering.. Played rugby against a few in the army. Believe me, they are bullet proof! 

JOW

Never played rugby. but have seen these guys on TV. They look to be as tough as the situation requires.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »
Also, in re the Maori, just found this. Just for fun.
The New Zealand team is obviously not all Maori, but they are all into it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiKFYTFJ_kw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yiKFYTFJ_kw</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
We're so sorry uncle albert but we haven't done a bloody thing all day.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:59:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DupyAkOZLYA?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DupyAkOZLYA?ecver=2</a>

Billionaire shmillionaire.  Seems to me they have a right to a Doomstead just like anyone else and if there are a bunch of them building enclaves in which to sail into the future these places won't stay secret for long.  The publicity revelation of such secrets will promote doom awareness.  We should be happy about that.  It is stupid to focus on millionaires and billionaires for doing the same thing you want to do.

Billionaires did not cause the problems.

A thought experiment.  If everyone had the skills and background of your average billionaire the world would have far less problems.  These men, and a woman or two among them, have skills, focus and drive to get things done.  They are ambitious well educated and generally are interested in many things and other people.  If all JSPs on earth were replaced by men and women of the same measure of men as a typical billionaire, the distance to Utopia would be short indeed.

6 Musks wait for a bus. Two toke on a blunt, one says to another:

'Ya know waiting for this bus to go places is stupid,  It is putting carbon in the atmosphere and killing us.  We should not be doing this.

Another responds:

'Yes it is, I think we should all be living in walkable communities centered around local economic units.  Link the economic units by public transit.

Yet another Musk chimes in:

'A huge problem is the fabric of this landscape is disorganized chaotic repetition of resources which separates everything by space.  Walkable communities centered around local economic units will organize society around minimum energy flows.

The 6th must says:

'I'm going to have a guy on this by noon.  Lets dig a hole and get started. We should think about giving a national income to people with less than three kids who move to these communities.

But what does 6SP do at a bus stop?  Nothing.  They consume media and none of it highbrow stuff like the 'Diner' either.  Millions of JSPs doing nothing at all about anything at all.  One might say to another:

'See the game last night?

'Yeah, aw-sum!

Then the bus comes.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:04:28 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: We're so sorry uncle albert but we haven't done a bloody thing all day.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:15 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DupyAkOZLYA?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DupyAkOZLYA?ecver=2</a>

Billionaire shmillionaire.  Seems to me they have a right to a Doomstead just like anyone else and if there are a bunch of them building enclaves in which to sail into the future these places won't stay secret for long.  The publicity revelation of such secrets will promote doom awareness.  We should be happy about that.  It is stupid to focus on millionaires and billionaires for doing the same thing you want to do.

Billionaires did not cause the problems.

A thought experiment.  If everyone had the skills and background of your average billionaire the world would have far less problems.  These men, and a woman or two among them, have skills, focus and drive to get things done.  They are ambitious well educated and generally are interested in many things and other people.  If all JSPs on earth were replaced by men and women of the same measure of men as a typical billionaire, the distance to Utopia would be short indeed.

6 Musks wait for a bus. Two toke on a blunt, one says to another:

'Ya know waiting for this bus to go places is stupid,  It is putting carbon in the atmosphere and killing us.  We should not be doing this.

Another responds:

'Yes it is, I think we should all be living in walkable communities centered around local economic units.  Link the economic units by public transit.

Yet another Musk chimes in:

'A huge problem is the fabric of this landscape is disorganized chaotic repetition of resources which separates everything by space.  Walkable communities centered around local economic units will organize society around minimum energy flows.

The 6th must says:

'I'm going to have a guy on this by noon.  Lets dig a hole and get started. We should think about giving a national income to people with less than three kids who move to these communities.

But what does 6SP do at a bus stop?  Nothing.  They consume media and none of it highbrow stuff like the 'Diner' either.  Millions of JSPs doing nothing at all about anything at all.  One might say to another:

'See the game last night?

'Yeah, aw-sum!

Then the bus comes.

Watch out K-dog. You're upsetting the narrative here.

I'll take ten genius entrepreneurs for my walkable community and trade you a 100 old-money Rockefellers and Rothschilds.

Whaddya say?

One point of order. Anybody taking the bus rather than driving is on the right side of things, even if they're discussing something as stupid as football.

The biggest failure here, in our otherwise progressive city, is the lack of understanding of the value of mass transit. Too many libertarian assholes, unfortunately. I'd love to ride a train to work.

But my doomstead IS a 25 minute drive to the very edge of town, and there is a rail station there (for the single light rail line we have here)  that could take someone straight downtown. I hope I live long enough that it will be a marketing plus when I sell. Maybe the station  will be a ten minute drive someday, if they just extend  the line a bit.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »

JOW

Ive had exactly the same thought for as long as Ive been hearing about NZ as THE destination. They are very communistic with sharing, little tolerance with 'thats mine' and yeah, any tougher and they would rust.
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 09:28:46 AM »
Why exactly is New Zealand "the" collapse place? I never understood that. its climate is already warm pre global warming. Isolated but industrial is that it? I thought of doing a work stay there in my late 20's but did not pursue it. I remember Nicole Foss was resettling to New Zealand and staying at Atamai... I always liked her talks but the Village promo videos set off all the alarm bells in my head. It had feudal overlord vibes written all over it mixed with social tension. I think it either dissolved or was rebranded... Anyone know what Nicole is up to these days?
C5 had a link a while back to a comment section about the arrival rich out of towners can expect if things get bad. It basically amounted to your stuff is now our stuff...
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 09:42:03 AM »
It's aways pretty much vanity to think money can buy you a "safe place" to ride out a fast collapse. Situations get very fluid in such circumstances. Better to defend yourself on your own turf, than on someone else's. Of course, Connecticut is pretty crowded already.

I wonder if I'll live to see the migration to Argentina and Canada and Alaska. The smart thing to do for me might be be to move to Anchorage now . Apparently, dentists there charge more than double what I charge. RE got quoted $500.apiece for six tooth extractions that I could easily do in less than 30 minutes. Gross income of $6000/hr. I can't believe they have the brass to ask that kind of money.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »
It's aways pretty much vanity to think money can buy you a "safe place" to ride out a fast collapse. Situations get very fluid in such circumstances. Better to defend yourself on your own turf, than on someone else's. Of course, Connecticut is pretty crowded already.

I wonder if I'll live to see the migration to Argentina and Canada and Alaska. The smart thing to do for me might be be to move to Anchorage now . Apparently, dentists there charge more than double what I charge. RE got quoted $500.apiece for six tooth extractions that I could easily do in less than 30 minutes. Gross income of $6000/hr. I can't believe they have the brass to ask that kind of money.

Supply and Demand.  Limited number of Dentistas.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »

I imagine more of a flow than a migration; Smart money slowly shifting early, property values rising in accordance and those left getting used to the new conditions like the frog in the pot. Would you be happy in Alaska? I have thought of relocating to the further northern sections of Ontario. My long term planning is crippled these days though. I'm dealing with my new life and am starting to see some glimmers or normality but its been a long road. My event horizon runs to days to weeks at best.
Cheers,  David
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 10:13:22 AM »

I imagine more of a flow than a migration; Smart money slowly shifting early, property values rising in accordance and those left getting used to the new conditions like the frog in the pot. Would you be happy in Alaska? I have thought of relocating to the further northern sections of Ontario. My long term planning is crippled these days though. I'm dealing with my new life and am starting to see some glimmers or normality but its been a long road. My event horizon runs to days to weeks at best.
Cheers,  David

Alaska is God's Country.  In the valleys protected by the mountains, it's just gorgeous.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSt0NEESrUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JSt0NEESrUA</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I liked Alaska a lot, in the summer. LOL. Not so sure I wouldn't rather starve in Texas than deal with the winters.

I will wait for climate change to progress a bit more before pulling up stakes. I'm hoping it won't matter for me, but I think at least one generation ahead, as I'm sure you do too.

I'm glad your life is normalizing. You are a young man, still, and you have a long life ahead of you.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 02:40:59 PM »
I liked Alaska a lot, in the summer. LOL. Not so sure I wouldn't rather starve in Texas than deal with the winters.

I will wait for climate change to progress a bit more before pulling up stakes. I'm hoping it won't matter for me, but I think at least one generation ahead, as I'm sure you do too.

I'm glad your life is normalizing. You are a young man, still, and you have a long life ahead of you.

The skiing at Alyeska is great in the Winter.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 03:50:22 PM »
Why exactly is New Zealand "the" collapse place? I never understood that. its climate is already warm pre global warming. Isolated but industrial is that it? I thought of doing a work stay there in my late 20's but did not pursue it. I remember Nicole Foss was resettling to New Zealand and staying at Atamai... I always liked her talks but the Village promo videos set off all the alarm bells in my head. It had feudal overlord vibes written all over it mixed with social tension. I think it either dissolved or was rebranded... Anyone know what Nicole is up to these days?
C5 had a link a while back to a comment section about the arrival rich out of towners can expect if things get bad. It basically amounted to your stuff is now our stuff...

Ive been there, have family there. The north island has nice weather and is already highly populated. The south island is cold and still has a lot of unhinhabited mountain forest full of deer. Land is not cheap, u can do a lot better in the US in terms of bang for buck. The other major reason is NZ is totally nuke free, even for visiting navy ships, so no meltdowns. The far southern hemisphere is also supposed to be the best bet for not getting nuke fallout and radiation poisoning, as the protagonists are all in the northern hemisphere and apparently the different airflows above and below the equator dont mix much.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:07:18 PM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce