AuthorTopic: RIP Aaron Swartz  (Read 6230 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
RIP Aaron Swartz
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:53 PM »
http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/2013/01/15/rip-aaron-swartz/

RIP Aaron Swartz

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Aaron Swartz
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »
http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/2013/01/15/rip-aaron-swartz/

RIP Aaron Swartz

WHD, That was one great article. I would like to both praise it and commend you for your passion and humane concern about this sordid despicable affair.

And why, really? Because he wasn’t an empire builder.
  That sentence really struck home with me and made me realize why those sick cruel and perverted  bastards destroyed that kid, and how really gone our society has become.  Thanks Again

P.S.  Watched Wacky Jacket Jenkins and enjoyed it immensely. Have always had a bit of a problem understanding some of your work, but doubt that I will in the future. One of my closest friends was a great showman like Wacky, almost exactly I would say, Ron performed with a jump suit and  natural hair grown down to just above his ass cheeks, but it was the same dance. I feel I know you much better now.                           GO

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
I enjoyed your article, and agree mostly.

But i think it is even worse.

So let it be known, America. You will play along. You may question the arrangement of things (for now) ; but if you stand in our way, if you embarrass us with any success, we will destroy you.

Shrub repeated a mantra of NWO often: "You're either with us or against us."   Enemies are destroyed of course, but "with us" has an ever narrowing working definition and ultimately means chosen.  Playing along is likely to be required soon, but unlikely to be sufficient for very long.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
You called it WHD, he took one for the team and not in vain.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »
I moved Aaron's Obituary to the top Feature Article on the Diner Blog.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
Shrub repeated a mantra of NWO often: "You're either with us or against us."   Enemies are destroyed of course, but "with us" has an ever narrowing working definition and ultimately means chosen.  Playing along is likely to be required soon, but unlikely to be sufficient for very long.

Snow Leopard,

Yes, about the NWO, but it doesn't follow that THEY perpetrated Sandy Hook or Swartz's hanging. And even if THEY did, it doesn't serve to dwell on it. Look at what such thinking does to people. The Examiner, with no evidence of any kind, wrote that the government/Obama killed Aaron Swartz because he criticized Obama's drone program. People are rumored to be contacting Newton families, of those kids killed, and heaping abuse upon them because they think the incident never happened. Can you imagine?

But yeah, playing along is required now. And yeah, centralized control is doomed. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:41:18 AM »
You called it WHD, he took one for the team and not in vain.

We'll see. The MSM is very skilled at managing the "debate". But it's true, this betrayal is not a thing some of us are likely to forget.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »

Snow Leopard,

Yes, about the NWO, but it doesn't follow that THEY perpetrated Sandy Hook or Swartz's hanging. And even if THEY did, it doesn't serve to dwell on it. Look at what such thinking does to people. The Examiner, with no evidence of any kind, wrote that the government/Obama killed Aaron Swartz because he criticized Obama's drone program. People are rumored to be contacting Newton families, of those kids killed, and heaping abuse upon them because they think the incident never happened. Can you imagine?

But yeah, playing along is required now. And yeah, centralized control is doomed. :icon_mrgreen:

Mostly, Aaron was trying to spread light (information). 

I do think he was targeted.   That is a feeling and an opinion, i have no knowledge of the particulars. 

Even if THEY "merely" drove him to "choose" this,  his blood is still on THEIR hands.  Oh hear, ye lords of Karma!

Yes.  It is (usually) better to spread light than curse the dark side.  :icon_sunny:

And yes, a change of focus toward positive might be good, if that is possible.

"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline Publius

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
Very nice tribute.
We will never know all the facts.
Depression can strike anyone, and stress definitely is a huge factor in making it worse.

Some people can be extremely depressed, and never contemplate suicide. Some people would commit suicide at the drop of a hat. It's a complex phenomenon.

As far as the possibility that he was murdered: well, anything is possible, but I doubt it. Too risky, and he didn't seem to be a huge threat to a particular individual or entity - just a general threat to the system.

Regardless, it is true that our vile Federal prosecutors routinely let off people like John Corzine, who screw millions of people out of billions of dollars, yet they persecute those who would reveal the dark side of the activities of the elite.

We must do a better job of sticking together and supporting each other, and those with the courage, resources, and time to go toe-to-toe with the corrupt elites who are running the show, at least in part.

Let's not fall into a victim mentality - we run the show, too... our complicity allows the game to continue. The more we opt out, stop buying the crap that funds the Walmarts of the world, and stop thinking that we can get "lucky" by playing their games, the sooner the game will end.

Julian Assange must have one strong will to live.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:29:27 PM by Publius »

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
Julian Assange must have one strong will to live.

Wonderful posting Publius, love your let's fight back attitude.

Let's not forget poor Bradley Manning, they have been torturing that poor bastard in public view as a warning.  :(

Offline Publius

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »
Good lord - you are right, Bradley Manning's treatment is off-the-scale in terms of cruelty, torture, and inhumane treatment. Constitutional protections are evidently null-and-void if you register too high on the threat scale.

Even Grandma can get groped at the airport. It's good conditioning.

My personal choice is to figure out how to develop parallel, alternative systems, rather than fight the big boys outright. That's a losing battle. The early mammals lived alongside the dinosaurs. They didn't fight directly.
That said, fighting for justice the way that the ACLU does, and Demand Progress, Greenpeace, etc., is still important, if only to keep the public aware of the problems, and eventually to demonstrate alternatives.
It's 4GW model all the way - don't engage in direct battles you know you will lose.
Aaron Swartz probably didn't realize that he was taking one step too far when he tried to liberate publicly funded scientific information. Assange seems to have known what he was getting into. Manning... the courage of youth?

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fighting Back Against the “Intellectual Property” Racket
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 01:33:04 AM »
Fighting Back Against the “Intellectual Property” Racket by Crossposting Blogger Anthony Cartalucci of Land Destroyer now UP on the Diner Blog!

Tony published this a few days ago, but I missed it as I missed just about the whole Aaron Swartz Story.  I am so consumed these days doing upkeep on the diner I just don't have enough time to cruise the web for stories anymore.

In conjunction with this thread, I openned a New Board here on the Diner, Heros of the Revolution. I split the discussion of Aaron Swartz from WHDs thread into its own thread and placed it here in HoTR, along with the Julian Assange thread.  I would also like to place Bradley Manning on this Board, but we don't have a Bradley Manning thread to move here at the moment.

We NEED these Heros, and I hope there will be more of them, and not DEAD ones like Aaron either.  When a HERO pops up in the spin down, they get their own threads here in Heros of the Revolution on the Diner.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:54 AM »
A cultural revolution, as AJ clarified for us.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aaron Swartz Feature Video
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 03:02:16 AM »
Aaron on Freedom of Information now UP as Feature Video on the Diner Blog!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aaron Swartz: Suicide or Murder?
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
Aaron Swartz: Suicide or Murder? by Diner Crossposting Blogger Steve Lendman now UP on the Diner Blog.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN