AuthorTopic: 🌍 How did Stalin become a monster? Gute frage!  (Read 1184 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: 🌍 How did Stalin become a monster? Gute frage!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »

Not judging you, judging the dogmatic ideology that you wear so proudly on your sleeve.

Oh brother.  You simply can't get more dogmatic than Fundy Christianity.  You project onto others your own issues.  ::)

What's your definition of Fundy Christian? I'll take a wild guess and say it is nothing resembling what I believe about the Christian faith, or most other Christians here. Probably another caricature you use of other people to avoid the hard work of thinking.

You just called me stupid.  That's a violation of the CoC.  You just earned yourself another timeout.  See you in November.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Not judging you, judging the dogmatic ideology that you wear so proudly on your sleeve.

Oh brother.  You simply can't get more dogmatic than Fundy Christianity.  You project onto others your own issues.  ::)

I'll take a wild guess and say it is nothing resembling what I believe about the Christian faith, or most other Christians here. 

Are you talking pre or post Council of Nicea Christianity. There's a big difference Ashvin.

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »

I'll take a wild guess and say it is nothing resembling what I believe about the Christian faith, or most other Christians here. 

Are you talking pre or post Council of Nicea Christianity. There's a big difference Ashvin.

He can't answer you until November.  He's back in the Cooler.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
The sun has not risen on a day where you are competent to judge me, Pangloss. HERE is your carceral state, the "home of the brave, land of the free,"  in action:

Not judging you, judging the dogmatic ideology that you wear so proudly on your sleeve. You can't see how the issues surrounding immigration are extremely complex and require something MUCH more than ideological blinders to confront, so my assessment is spot on. Recklessly comparing the state of the U.S. in 2018 with the state of Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany in the mid 20th century is not only wrong, completely unsupported, it is counter productive to creating any sort of reasonable dialogue for change and helping the oppressed portions of our society. You are helping to RUIN the chances of our country to deal with the issues you claim to be concerned with.

What you serve is just another thinly veiled ideology of nihilism and totalitarianism which people like Nietzsche and Dostoevsky brilliantly took to task in the 19th century. Nothing new under the sun.

In your world, Ashvin, "How Many Coincidences Do You Need to Have Synchronicity' ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 07:14:51 PM »
I would like to protest the temporary banning of Ashvin and ask that the action be reconsidered.

His decorum has always been impeccable. He is one of the original Diners, contributing worthwhile thought and commentary for years as well as being sincere, friendly, with a very constructive attitude towards others in carefully expounding his views.

May I also remind everyone of his gracious offer to lend his legal expertise to the Diner in the Sun project formation when asked.

There is also the question of depriving admiring Diners, like myself, from his exceptional commentary due to personnel vendetta against him and his exemplary postings. A call for community and comradery among members with very differing views who meet here by our free will to exchange thoughts and ideas is my plea

There are billions of people in this world but no more than a few dozen that meet here regularly. Pointedly and forcefully debating with another who has a differing view is not a violation of anything but the egos of those intolerant of opposing views.  It's time to stop the charade and become a forum again.           Regards, GO

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 05:09:41 AM »
I would like to protest the temporary banning of Ashvin and ask that the action be reconsidered.

Your protest has been reconsidered and Duly Noted and Filed.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »

Your protest has been reconsidered and Duly Noted and Filed.

RE

Thank you anyway for your consideration. Most appreciated.   

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »
You just called me stupid.  That's a violation of the CoC.  You just earned yourself another timeout.  See you in November.

RE

Just so it's clear, refusing to think hardly or deeply about something is not the same as being "stupid".

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

RE

Just so it's clear, refusing to think hardly or deeply about something is not the same as being "stupid".

:hi: back from the Cooler Watson!  :icon_sunny:

On the internet, they are synonymous.

RE
Save As Many As You Can