AuthorTopic: The Part I Do Like About Christine Blasey Ford's Claims  (Read 173 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Part I Do Like About Christine Blasey Ford's Claims
« on: September 20, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
For one thing several of America's Worst Assholes are really, really pissed off about it. It gives me particular pleasure that Christian Conservative Asshole Ralph Reed is pissed off.

Evangelical Leaders Are Frustrated at G.O.P. Caution on Kavanaugh Allegation

By Jeremy W. Peters and Elizabeth Dias
Sept. 20, 2018

Worried their chance to cement a conservative majority on the Supreme Court could slip away, a growing number of evangelical and anti-abortion leaders are expressing frustration that Senate Republicans and the White House are not protecting Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh more forcefully from a sexual assault allegation and warning that conservative voters may stay home in November if his nomination falls apart.

Several of these leaders, including ones with close ties to the White House and Senate Republicans, are urging Republicans to move forward with a confirmation vote imminently unless the woman who accused Judge Kavanaugh of sexual assault, Christine Blasey Ford, agrees to share her story with the Senate Judiciary Committee within the next few days.

The pleas are, in part, an attempt to apply political pressure: Some evangelical leaders are warning that religious conservatives may feel little motivation to vote in the midterm elections unless Senate Republicans move the nomination out of committee soon and do more to defend Judge Kavanaugh from what they say is a desperate Democratic ploy to prevent President Trump from filling future court vacancies.

“One of the political costs of failing to confirm Brett Kavanaugh is likely the loss of the United States Senate,” said Ralph Reed, the founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition who is in frequent contact with the White House.

“If Republicans were to fail to defend and confirm such an obviously and eminently qualified and decent nominee,” Mr. Reed added, “then it will be very difficult to motivate and energize faith-based and conservative voters in November.”

The evangelist Franklin Graham, one of Mr. Trump’s most unwavering defenders, told the Christian Broadcasting Network this week, “I hope the Senate is smarter than this, and they’re not going to let this stop the process from moving forward and confirming this man.”

Social conservatives are already envisioning a worst-case scenario related to Judge Kavanaugh, and they say it is not a remote one. Republican promises to shift the Supreme Court further to the right — which just a few days ago seemed like a fait accompli — have been one of the major reasons conservatives say they are willing to tolerate an otherwise dysfunctional Republican-controlled government. If Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination fails, and recent political history is any guide, voters will most likely point the finger not at Mr. Trump but at Republican lawmakers.

To be sure, evangelicals leaders are trying to push Senate leaders to stiffen their resolve to force the Kavanaugh confirmation to a vote at a time when it may be politically perilous to do so. And the likelihood that the base will stay home in November and risk handing the Senate to the Democrats may be relatively low, given how popular Mr. Trump remains with white evangelicals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-religious-voters.html?login=smartlock&auth=login-smartlock

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Part I Do Like About Christine Blasey Ford's Claims
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »
And major Trump  apologist and right wing attack dog Joe Di Genova says Dr. Ford doesn't want to testify because she's a loon.....which makes me think she almost certainly is NOT, given what complete pond scum Di Genova and his Franken-wife Victoria Toensing both are. With law firms like theirs, DC is likely to get a bad reputation in the long run, I'd say.

Fox guest Joseph diGenova: Christine Blasey Ford "doesn't want to testify because when she does she's going to look like the loon that she is"
diGenova: "She may very well believe everything she's saying, and that is one of the signs of lunacy, believing something that isn't

JOE DIGENOVA: This is utter nonsense, this is another delaying tactic. She really doesn't want to testify --

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Right.

DIGENOVA: -- Because when she does, she's going to look like the loon that she is. She may very well believe everything she's saying, and that is one of the signs of lunacy, believing something that isn't real.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2018/09/18/fox-guest-joseph-digenova-christine-blasey-ford-doesnt-want-testify-because-when-she-does-shes-going/221361
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:11:49 PM by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
And Faux News is apoplectic, of course.

Jesse Watters says Ford is not acting like a "true victim", which presumes he might have a clue about how female victims of sexual assault are supposed to act.

I am not persuaded.

FOX NEWS HOST SAYS CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD IS NOT ACTING LIKE A 'TRUE VICTIM'

BY EWAN PALMER ON 9/20/18 AT 4:46 AM

Fox News pundit Jesse Watters has accused Christine Blasey Ford, who claims she was sexually assaulted by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh when he was a teen, of not acting like a “true victim.”

Appearing on The Five, Watters said Ford and the Democrats are focusing more on stalling the nomination process with the allegations, rather than the accusations themselves.

Ford is under continuing pressure to testify under oath against Kavanaugh, after claiming he pinned her down and tried to remove her clothing when they were both teens in 1982. Kavanaugh has denied the allegations.

“I think they thought they were going to take it up to a certain point and then they realized this woman was going to have to testify Monday [September 17] and that was way too soon for the Democrats because this was a delay tactic and this is a really dirty business,” Watters said.

“I don't want to cast any doubt on her allegations but the way they are dragging this out now it's become so political that it's gotten away from the actual alleged crime.

“And now it's about the process and the nomination of this guy. She's not doing things…the Democrats aren't doing things in a way that people would do if she was a true victim.”

Watters also said it is suspicious how Ford originally wanted to be anonymous and then took a polygraph test, but did not say how the test was paid for.

Fox News pundit Jesse Watters accused Christine Blasey Ford of not doing things in a way that people would do if she was a "true victim."
FOX NEWS

“Then you hire a Clinton fundraiser as your lawyer to represent you and now it looks like there’s some behind-the-scenes stuff where Brian Fallon, who worked for Hilary Clinton, has teamed up with Paige Herwig, who worked with Dianne Feinstein, and they’ve raised $5 million, a lot from George Soros, to fund a group called Demand Justice and Demand Justice is the main organization that’s running to stop the Kavanagh nomination. And they’re working with Deborah Katz, the lawyer for Ford,” Watters added.

“It's just way, way too suspicious to what's going on. I wanted to believe her. I still kind of believe she believes something happened, but it doesn't sit right."

The Five co-host Greg Gutfeld then adds: “The timing makes it suspicious,” with regards to the allegations.

https://www.newsweek.com/ox-news-host-says-christine-blasey-ford-not-acting-true-victim-1129688

He wanted to believe her.....sure he did. ROTFLMAO.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:05:30 PM by Eddie »

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »
And Faux News is apoplectic, of course.

Jesse Watters says Ford is not acting like a "true victim", which presumes he might have a clue about how female victims of sexual assault are supposed to act.

I am not persuaded.

One of the two wants an FBI investigation. One does not.
It is a crime to lie to the FBI.
Apply CFS and get back to me.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:40:09 PM »
And Major Trump  apologist and right wing attack dog Joe Di Genova says Dr. Ford doesn't want to testify because she's a loon.....which makes me think she almost certainly is NOT, given what complete pond scum Di Genova and his Franken-wife Victoria Toensing both are. With law firms like theirs, DC is likely to get a bad reputation in the long run, I'd say.

Fox guest Joseph diGenova: Christine Blasey Ford "doesn't want to testify because when she does she's going to look like the loon that she is"
diGenova: "She may very well believe everything she's saying, and that is one of the signs of lunacy, believing something that isn't

JOE DIGENOVA: This is utter nonsense, this is another delaying tactic. She really doesn't want to testify --

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Right.

DIGENOVA: -- Because when she does, she's going to look like the loon that she is. She may very well believe everything she's saying, and that is one of the signs of lunacy, believing something that isn't real.

The right wing smear machine lurching into operation. Or as we call it here, Thursday.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
For one thing several of America's Worst Assholes are really, really pissed off about it. It gives me particular pleasure that Christian Conservative Asshole Ralph Reed is pissed off.

Evangelical Leaders Are Frustrated at G.O.P. Caution on Kavanaugh Allegation

// And the likelihood that the base will stay home in November and risk handing the Senate to the Democrats may be relatively low, given how popular Mr. Trump remains with white evangelicals. supremacists

Fixed that.