AuthorTopic: The new science of inner speech  (Read 3759 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The new science of inner speech
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »

If you crave those last few minutes of your benefit-rich yoga class when you settle into savasana for stillness and relaxation, meet your new best friend: the little-known practice of yoga nidra. An ancient practice to tame the nervous system, you’ll find your mind in a more collected, peaceful state as a result of the exercise.

So what does a yoga nidra session look like? At first glance, the practice may seem like nothing more than lying on the floor wrapped up in super comfy clothing and blankets. (And socks. You’ve got to wear fuzzy socks.)

But there’s a power in stillness. And modern-day science is catching up to what yogis have known for ages: yoga nidra, also known as yogic sleep, improves your health, and in all sorts of surprising ways.

Hint: Many who practice yoga nidra report feeling fully rested in as little as 30 to 120 minutes of practice. That’s a lot shorter than the eight hours of sleep usually required for that type of restoration. And then there’s the 65 percent dopamine boost. More on that later…plus, there’s a free guided yoga nidra relaxation below, too.
What Is Yoga Nidra?

https://draxe.com/fitness/yoga/yoga-nidra/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Sacred Ground of Being…The Quintessence of Who We Are
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 10:49:20 AM »

September 9th, 2019

By Open

Contributing writer for Wake Up World

We are amidst the most phenomenal shift of consciousness in the history of our planet, and of humanity’s journey on it. Day by day the external drama seems to ratchet up another notch. With climate crisis, environmental degradation and the bankruptcy of the governing system, the shadow side is illuminating itself in all its outrageous lunacy. In this outer turmoil, it is utterly essential that evolving people have some inner ground, a mast, to which to anchor centred consciousness, so as to find peace, serenity, and to step forth into the world with aligned authentic decision making. It’s essential therefore, that we continually access what’s termed our “Sacred Ground of Being”…
The Universal Torus

https://wakeup-world.com/2019/09/09/the-sacred-ground-of-being-the-quintessence-of-who-we-are/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »

You Were Lied To – You Do Exist
September 13, 2019

From the moment you came out of your mother’s womb, you were still connected to light, to God, to the universe, to everything. Where the mind couldn’t process, all of your senses were working overtime. Love filled your heart and curiosity consumed you.

Then it began. Life took hold, and with every breath, a new word, a new idea, and a new perception were thrusted into your mind. They weren’t your own, but you digested them as best you could. The teachers played their roles, parents followed what they were taught, the radios buzzed with noise, and televisions blasted you with imagery to fill your databank.

Before long, you were doing as told, obeying the rules, staying on everyone else’s schedule, and studying what you were told to learn. By the time you began forming deep thoughts of your own, you had been stripped of your senses, primarily your sixth sense. That connection experienced as a baby was a distant memory. You were now part of the system, the indoctrination, the inevitable sleight of hand, being groomed by those who weren’t the wiser.

One day, your mind was swirling with endless ideas about the world, and you dared to discuss it in school, or maybe at home. But you were quickly brushed off because these very ideas did not align with what others had been taught and instructed to teach. How could they respond or discuss that which they themselves could not comprehend or even begin to entertain? So, you stuffed it away and became more disconnected.

Perhaps you lived through the hippie era, only to find that this free-spirited vibe was being stomped out by those who wanted to keep these secrets sacred and to themselves? They created the legend of drugs and freeloaders to remove the shine from the free spirits trying to promote peace and find their way back to the lost connection. Not that drugs weren’t used of course. Or maybe you were making your way through the “new age” movement, such as they liked to call it. Their way of assigning labels, to box up everyone as crackerjacks, and once again shun spirituality and the deeper connection. They even groomed and constructed gurus, so with each movement, more followers could be deemed as crackerjacks.

The Yogis had their calling as well. Yoga studios were popping up on every corner and people were buying up packaged classes faster than they could hire instructors. Soon, it too became the talk of “ultra-spiritual” people going overboard with their spirituality, thinking they were all “Zen,” just to discount another movement. The crystal bowl meditations quickly made their rounds, and off to tinfoil hats again. Always trying to stomp out the bliss.

Again and again they infiltrated and created movements to control a twisted narrative that would steer people away from this connection – this profound inner/outer connection. They were certain to leave those pages blank throughout your years of education. And while they had everyone idolizing gurus, actors, musicians, and so-called famous people, they drew you further and further away from yourself, while telling you how to think, what to believe, and how to be.

Were you one of the lucky ones? Were you a child that remained so strongly connected that all of your senses broke through all bounds, you saw through clear lenses, and you felt everything? Everything. Did you catch the illusions? Did you hear the words coming out of mouths while hearing the real truths masked by the words? Did you feel their souls contradict their minds? Did you see the energy in all things as it vibrated its way through discourse? Could you touch their heart without physically moving? Did you ride the waves of light through time and space wondering how this veil, so thin, is so disguised to many? Did you wonder why those around you seemed so disoriented, disheartened, and disconnected? Did you wish you could escape the veil of transparency, or did you wish you could ride that wave forever?

There is resonance in vibration – truth engrained in all forms – powerful light within all beings. Those that knowingly and unknowingly stole that from you, are not the enemy. The enemy is yourself. For those who continue to deny that which is in every living vessel, to shun it, to shake it, to refuse to acknowledge it – you are hiding from your own shadow. For some, this connection is frightening, because it has been buried for so long, it’s like welcoming a stranger into your most intimate existence. For others, it is the fear of waking up. Just as those who find it difficult to wake up from the illusions and falsehoods presented on this earth plane, they find it more difficult to wake up to the intangible plane that their soul longs for.

Yet, here you are. You are waking up to the realities, the illusions, the falsehoods and lies, while trying to discern what is truth, what to shed, and what to seek. And in this very moment, you can make the choice to greet your soul with a recognition, a faith, a belief, that you are an all-powerful being, connected to the light that carries with it a vibration that can offer you the comfort you seek, with undeniable discernment, compassion, and intuition that will provide you with clear lenses moving forward. A connection to a higher consciousness that cannot be unseen, unfelt, or turned off, once that reconnection is made.

You have been lied to. There is another world that exists. Strip away all the labels, the “movements,” the gurus, and the naysayers – YOU are the other world. Each and every one of you. And it’s a glorious world – a world where all of your innate, God-given higher consciousness exists. It was with you, in you, a part of you all along.

Welcome home.

https://www.coreysdigs.com/consciousness/you-were-lied-to-you-do-exist/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 05:55:09 PM »

This episode of AAE tv is from the September 2018 Awake And Empowered Expo in Downtown Detroit, MI USA featuring Vibrational Geneticist Jeilene Tracey. Discover how to tune and activate the Pineal to act as a signal transducer. Jeilene offers wisdom from many of the ET councils she channels as well as channeled light-coded vibrational tones to activate the brain and body's electromagnetic system. The activations in this video, can be used remotely from home.

About Jeilene Tracey
Jeilene Tracy is a Vibrational Geneticist, who works with tones and light language to make shifts at the cellular, epigenetic, and DNA level. Working with multidimensional beings, she harmonizes and adjusts the physical DNA to its crystalline DNA counterpart in order to shift the physical, mental, and emotional body into a state of coherence and health.

Jeilene works with ascended masters, Arcturians, and a Mantis collective. She serves as an ambassador to a benevolent group of Mantis beings who are here to teach humanity how to heal themselves and assist with Gaia’s ascension. The Mantis utilize a heart based vibrational field to repair and optimize DNA to bring humanity into alignment with earth’s frequency. As human beings release density, energetic imprints, and heal past traumas, they accelerate the ascension of both humanity and Gaia.

Jeilene received her degree in Biology from Smith College with an emphasis on Molecular Biology, and spent 15 years in the biotech industry working for cutting edge start-ups focused on revolutionizing healthcare through novel ways of understanding human genetics and the microbiome. Today she uses her understanding of DNA and the microbiome, in conjunction with sound, to assist individuals to alleviate a variety of physical, mental, and emotional concerns.

www.jeilenetracey.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYvdMpkqDUw&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYvdMpkqDUw&fs=1</a>

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 01:33:32 PM »

This Is Why Your Attitude Is More Important Than Your IQ

2019/10/7

By Mayukh Saha / Truth Theory

What is the right determinant of success? Most would say intelligence. After all, we have been taught that intelligent people are often smart and can find their way in life quite easily. They will race to their goal faster and more efficiently than those who have less IQ and are less intelligent. However, a study at Stanford University claims that it is not IQ but the attitude that can be a determinant of success.

According to researcher and psychologist, Carol Dweck, people have two kinds of mentality: growth and fixed mindset. A person with a fixed mindset knows that they cannot change their ways and so, when challenges come up, they resist and use the same methods again. However, a person with a growth mindset changes, takes conscious effort to improve themselves. A person with a growth mindset can outperform a person with a fixed mindset multiple times – even if they have a low IQ.

https://truththeory.com/2019/10/07/this-is-why-your-attitude-is-more-important-than-your-iq/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »

by Tommy Tutalo,
Contributing Writer, In5D.com

Finding that quiet peaceful setting to get some work done seems ideal for the average person, but for some the chaos and the background noise can heighten their concentration.

So why is that? Why is it that some people can concentrate better with the background noise? Is it because they are conditioned to focus better under such conditions due to a past experience, their environment or is it something more, something engrain deep within the psyche and the subconscious. There are untapped realms not only within the human body, mind and soul, but also within the nature of reality. The connection between the two seems to be magic behind why some people can concentrate with chaos and background noise.

Everything in life is vibration and has an energetic code wired into it. In today’s word we are surrounded with technology and stuff that can be distracting to the eye and ears. We are constantly in a space which can feel suffocating due to all the material and inanimate objects around us. Not only is the space in which we lived crowded with stuff but the noise pollution seems to be even louder and consuming. This can create an energetic disorder in the space we occupy.

Technology plays a part in this. We are connected to our cellphones, no matter what public place you walk into there is either music playing or a television is on, or sometimes both. In public spaces there are also the crowds of people and even in our work space we are not alone. Yes for some they are able to work from home or find a quiet space, but are you ever really alone and is there ever really silence.

Some crave solitude and silence when working while for others they are able to work within the noisy environment that surrounds us. It is interesting how this can be that someone can have so much going on around them, the music playing, the news on the television playing in the background, crowds of people around talking, laughing, yelling, sirens, horns, airplanes passing by and even the sounds of nature, are no distraction to some who can get work done under such conditions.

This is what I call stimulated concentration. I’ve witness this during the 10 plus years I’ve worked in the education system in classrooms with special needs students who have many disorders such as autism, Asperger’s, oratory sensory disorder, and many other conditions. Although some students needed silence and solitude, I’ve witnessed a lot of these children who couldn’t function within a quiet calm classroom setting. They were able to focus and get work done with either background music, white noise, or sometimes with talking from other students or teachers who were around them. Others fidgeted around with stress balls, stuffed animals or a pencil. Now this is just a small percentage of people who can work under such conditions.

For me as a writer I am only able to focus and concentrate in café’s and public places. That background noise and distraction that comes from people, technology, and the world around seems to stimulate my mind and help me concentrate more. Maybe it’s because I need to concentrate because of all that is going on, but personally I feel that there is something more going on, something that connects a person to all happening in the space they are in.

The nature of reality I feel plays a part in this. Knowing that everything in life is vibration, I feel that by connecting with the same frequency of all that is around you that, that is what is able to help make concentration possible. I’ve had many experiences where certain people would come into the café I am writing in and if I’m on the same wave length, and can feel good vibes, I can get lots of good writing done. There have also been many other times when I have had been distracted due to the fact that I can feel a disconnection with, who just by their presence were able to prevent me from getting any effective writing done. The vibrations and frequencies from us didn’t match and created this disorder, I like to compare this soul connection to being in the presence of someone who you adore or love and viseversa with someone who is hateful and evil.

In5D Tie Dye Shop - in5d.NET

There is a secret language woven into the nature of reality and because of this that is how the idea of stimulated concentration can work for some and not others. Those who can make that soul connection with the vibrations of reality all around them and connect can concentrate and get some work done, while those who do not have that connect can not concentrate.

So embrace stimulated concentration, the little side distractions, the inanimate objects and the flow of the crowds, you never know what thoughts may fill your mind or how productive you may be able to be. For those who crave silence, and empty space all around that is ok, that’s just the way you are wired and how you are. No matter which works for you know that you must embrace whatever form of concentration you choose you use.

About the author: Tommy Tutalo is an independent author, writer, photographer, painter, and visual artist, whose work is considered to be diverse, and universal. A native of West Orange, New Jersey, Tommy comes from a hardworking, and loving blue-collar background, and grew up in an ethnically diverse community. Both Tommy’s up-bringing, and the melting pot he grew up in have been two influential factors in his life and the arts. At an early age Tommy discovered a love for both the arts and the beautiful game, soccer. Soccer would become Tommy’s outlet and craft, which he would nourish and pursue, putting the arts off as secondary. Tommy’s hard work ethic, devotion, and perseverance with soccer, would enable Tommy to play at a very high level during his adolescent years, becoming one of the most decorated and recognized players in New Jersey, and eventually sought by, and play for The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, where he would win a DIV. III National Championship with the 2001 team. This would be the pinnacle of Tommy’s soccer career, and the foundation for the next phase in his life. As one door shut, another door opened, and Tommy would then pursue the arts, learning many different art mediums during, and after graduating from college, with a Bachelor of the Arts degree, Art History, and by any means devote his life to living as an independent artist and author.  Website: www.tommytutalo.com

https://in5d.com/stimulated-concentration/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2019, 08:06:49 AM »

Mindfulness Meditation Helps Process Fearful Memories
POSTED ON OCTOBER 15, 2019

Participating in an eight-week mindfulness meditation program appears to alter how the brain processes fear memories. In a study that will appear in the November 1st print issue of Biological Psychiatry, a team led by Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) researchers report that mindfulness meditation appears to help extinguish fearful associations.

A common way to treat anxiety disorders is to expose patients to the cause of their anxiety in a safe environment until it no longer elicits fear, a process known as exposure therapy. This exposure provides an opportunity to learn that these causes are not threatening and thereby help individuals regulate their emotional responses. To be successful, first a new memory must be created between the root of the anxiety and a feeling of safety, then the ‘safety’ memory must be recalled when the cause is presented again in a new environment, rather than the original fearful memory.

Mindfulness meditation been proposed to provide an optimal condition for exposure therapy because it involves experiencing the present moment with an open, curious and non-reactive mindset. Numerous studies have documented that mindfulness meditation programs are useful for reducing anxiety, however, the exact reasons were unknown. The current study investigated enhanced learning of the ‘safety’ signal as one way through which mindfulness can help individuals learn to adapt more positively to the causes of their anxiety.

“Mindfulness training may improve emotion regulation by changing the way our brain responds to what we’re afraid of and reminding us that it is no longer threatening,” said Gunes Sevinc PhD, investigator in the Department of Psychiatry at MGH and the paper’s first author.

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/10/mindfulness-meditation-helps-process-fearful-memories.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »

Transcendence Through Intuitive Thinking

In this article I will be discussing the philosophical system used to derive the content of my website, the nature of proof, and the importance of intuitive thinking as an effective method of truth analysis. Hopefully this will round out your understanding of what it means to be a truth seeker and satisfy anyone wondering how I derive my material.
The Binary Fallacy and the Misappropriation of Intellect

The intellect is overrated and underrated because few understand its true purpose. In truth the intellect is a passive tool that evolves a given input towards an output according to certain rules and takes a premise toward its logical conclusion. But like a computer it passively carries out its programmed function without true creativity of its own. What the intellect produces depends on two things, its input and programming, both of which originate from outside itself and are therefore unguarded sources of corruption. As the saying goes, garbage in garbage out: with a corrupted input comes corrupted output. And even with perfect input, if the rules are incomplete or sloppily applied then the output is likewise garbled. So for all its virtues, the intellect alone is insufficient for effective truth seeking.

The problem with overrating the intellect comes from thinking that through accurate application of the rules one can produce an accurate output, which ignores the possibility of incomplete or false input. In practical terms this implies that intellectuals, or let’s say stubborn skeptics who pride themselves on scientific objectivity, refuse to question the root assumption from which they are logically reasoning. These root assumptions originate with statements made by potentially fallible sources of external authority like group consensus, prolific academics, university curriculums, and irrational biases rooted in financial and social survival that embed themselves into institutional policies. When confronted with truths that contradict these, rather than revise incomplete or false assumptions, intellectuals use them to rationalize away counter-examples and counter-reasoning, thereby misappropriating the intellect into fortifying the walls of their mental prison.

Those who notice the limiting nature of intellectualism might make the counterpart fallacy of under rating it. They wish to transcend reason by disposing it in favor of the only alternative, feeling. Feeling does not obey logic, therefore it can go beyond logic. While that much is true, the error comes in not distinguishing between intuition (flowing from our higher aspects) and emotionalism rooted in lower aspects like animal instinct, ego biases, sentimentality, subconscious programming, collective consciousness, or external telepathic persuasion. This attempt to abandon intellect instead gives it a new job by merely switching the inputs and removing the need for consistency in applying the rules. What results is an intellect that rationalizes subjective impulses in ways that are not even logically consistent.

What underrating and overrating the intellect have in common is that they arise from the binary fallacy: “If not 1, then 0. Since 2 is not 1, 2 is 0.” Above reason is intuition, below reason is emotionalism, and through the binary fallacy intuition and emotionalism become indistinguishable because neither is based in reason. Meanwhile, those who overrate the intellect also commit the binary fallacy by confusing what is beyond their comprehension with what is beneath their standards of logical integrity, rejecting both for being different and unsubstantiated by their own understanding. These are two sides of ignorance, two manifestations of the intellect being unable to accommodate solely those inputs that would lead it toward higher objectivity. Either it stubbornly rationalizes its current level of objectivity against higher levels of objectivity beyond its understanding, or else it rationalizes away objectivity altogether in favor of subjectivity.

The binary fallacy therefore boils down to recognizing only objectivity and subjectivity, choosing between solely these when there exists a third option that transcends both. For lack of a better term, we may call this third option transjectivity, meaning that which is trans-objective. This is what I meant earlier by “higher levels of objectivity.”
Degrees and Levels of Objectivity

How can there be different levels of objectivity? Science aims toward increasing degrees of objectivity, toward increasingly accurate understanding reality, whereas by different levels of objectivity I am referring to different levels of reality, not just the level we know as physicality. The problem with the term objective is that it implies “that which is real” when what we call reality is actually a localized phenomenon whose characteristics depend on what locations you span within the greater framework of existence. It depends on the level within that framework that forms the foundation of your current realm of experience. So there is an important distinction between degrees and levels of objectivity. Gaining a higher degree of objectivity means getting a more accurate understanding of what level of reality you are currently exploring, whereas gaining a higher level of objectivity means gaining an accurate understanding of an altogether higher level of reality. This matters because while logic alone can bring you to higher degrees, intuition is needed to reach higher levels.
The Limitations of Scientific Proof

When it comes to scientific research and proof, exploration is into phenomena that carry a factual existence independent of the observer, quarantining it from psychological bias and delusion. But by limiting proof to what is universally replicable, what remains are solely those phenomena comprising the lowest common denominator of experiences available to all observers inhabiting a consensual reality. In other words, scientific proof is strictly material proof that depends in no way upon the individualized conscious or spiritual state of the observer. Thus scientific proof encompasses the crudest set of phenomena that are undeniably real to individuals with even the crudest levels of conscious development.

Scientific standards do not allow for personal proof that depends on the observer, and yet it is precisely the conscious development of the observer that determines what other levels of reality beyond the purely physical and deterministic can be accessed. The closest science has come is in quantum mechanics where it is now commonly accepted that the observer plays a unique role in the outcome of an experiment. But beyond verification of the statistical trends describing the distribution of all possible observations in a given experiment, any particular outcome is not universally replicable. That is why quantum physics, in not being able to predict any specific observations, must resort to statistical descriptions because in doing so it once again approaches collectivity and thus what it defines as objectivity. Even so, the exact influence of the observer on a quantum system is not understood, and thought to be random as well as being limited solely to the atomic scale.

That’s as far as modern science goes. Yet seasoned researchers of fringe knowledge and battle-hardened experiencers of the strange know that transjective phenomena also operate on the macroscopic scale and depend on the quality of consciousness and spiritual orientation of the observer. Synchronicities and the correlation between attitude and attracted experiences are some examples. We are not just observers of reality, but active participants endowed with freewill to choose to transcend our realms by going above and beyond our prior assumptions. Inexplicable events happen, and we can either rationalize it away with assumptions and rules programmed according to our collective mainstream reality, or we can figure it out within ourselves and leave the herd in the dust.
Accessing Transjective Proof

Levels of objectivity are arranged concentrically like small circles inside larger ones, with the lower levels being subsets of the higher. The smallest circle is physicality, the most illusory level of reality, while the largest circle is one “whose center is everywhere and circumference is nowhere” because it is absolute and infinite. Relative to the absolute, observations and truths are but assumptions and half-truths. It is only within a particular level of objectivity that the assumptions and half-truths defining that level become objective observations and truths for its inhabitants.

Once you access a higher level of reality, proof within it becomes fully objective to you, but that proof cannot be gathered by someone who lacks access to that level. Your personal proof would at best represent for him a possible transjective truth because it supersedes what he considers objective. But he might commit the binary fallacy in mistaking it for mere subjectivity on your part because he cannot replicate or substantiate it with his current knowledge or methods of investigation. Considering that each of us are in the same position with respect to transjective truths from levels of reality higher than our own, it is necessary to employ a method of truth analysis that can guard against subjectivity without simultaneously eliminating access to transjective truths. That method requires a certain amount of mental and intuitive finesse to understand and apply, but it will be explained fully in the proceeding discussion about the nature and place of logic and intuition.

Logic alone is enough to increase the degree of objectivity because old assumptions are merely being taken toward increasingly intricate logical conclusions. Then progress is made into unexplored rather than unfathomable territories, and what increases is the refinement rather than evolution of knowledge. This is drawing a circle and pouring effort into exploring the bounded territory rather than widening the circle itself. As soon as the perimeter is drawn, everything within is already delineated. This forms the enclosed set from which any further discoveries are made, meaning such discoveries are far from new; they instead follow directly and predictably from the old. The process is deterministic, that is to say, the old directly determines the new. Those who cling solely to this objective approach are fortifying their ignorance when they stubbornly seek to justify existing assumptions and observations rather than revolutionize them with more expansive ones.

We must transcend the delusion of subjectivity and the ignorance of objectivity. To be subjective means to deny the reality of the level you are inhabiting. To be objective means to fully acknowledge and understand the reality of your level but go no further. To be transjective means to shift to a higher level of objectivity altogether, one that forms a superset of the old level. If sound logic and sharp observation is needed to overcome subjectivity and reach objectivity, then those two plus the additional faculty of intuition is needed to overcome objectivity and reach transjectivity, to break through the barrier of previously limiting assumptions.
Logic and Intuition

The road to transcendence is traveled via intuitive thinking, which may also be called nonlinear or nondeterministic thinking. Whereas deterministic thinking proceeds from the old to generate the new, meaning the new is just an extension of the old and therefore not new at all, intuitive thinking allows one to feel out the new and revise the old so that previous assumptions are overturned to become extensions of the new. Intuitive thinking is therefore the only way to reliably come up with anything truly new because it gives you newfound vision.

What is intuition? The common understanding likens it to instinct or internalized knowledge that can be used to achieve correct results without having to think. A familiar example would be software or electronic devices said to have an intuitive interface; what that really implies is that the interface makes use of pre-programmed mechanical tendencies so that the user does not have to learn or think to make it work. But that is just another form of determinism, albeit one that does not necessitate logical thinking, just programmed reaction whether the programming is academic, social, or biological. Nothing new is done or discovered this way, it is all about accessing new forms of the old without active application of the intellect. The only similarity between real intuition and this common misunderstanding is that both achieve correct results without initial involvement of the intellect.

No, real intuition does what the intellect alone cannot: sense truths that do not follow directly from the old assumptions, old logic, or old programming. Truths accessed by intuition are therefore transjective. Intuition can point you to flaws in prior assumptions, help you notice new observations that were otherwise missed, and present new possibilities to contemplate.

Real intuition comes from beyond. Whatever determines your current realm, your current body of assumptions and programming — intuition originates from beyond that. If you are a product of the past, intuition is a feedback flow from the future. If you are the lower self, intuition comes from the higher self. If you are operating from the five senses, intuition comes through the sixth. So it is an influence that comes from beyond, that beckons you beyond, versus influences that come from the lower self, the collective physical reality, and genetic programming that solicit you into rationalizing away the new for being unsupported by the old. Intuition is your internal compass magnetized to absolute truth, that if followed takes you through ever greater levels of objectivity and thus through ever more advanced realms of existence. It is the thread that leads you out from the maze of illusions, it is the heart of your soul, the voice of your spirit, and it only speaks as clearly as you have ears to hear and the mind to listen.

With intuitive thinking, intuition is the guiding hand of logic. Logic alone is incapable of determining the absolute value of anything because it deals in binaries and the relation between them: premise versus conclusion, subject versus object, congruent versus divergent, rational versus irrational, or cause versus effect. But what decides the premise? What determines the first cause? Who decides what is rational? What determines objective truth? Not the intellect; it only acknowledges and obeys them after they have already come into existence. Intellect takes what it is given and follows through with it. In the absence of intuition, it takes orders from group consensus or physical signals, hence the “nature versus nurture” debate, which is another binary fallacy that fails to include the transjective possibility of spiritual factors. Logic without intuition puts intellect in the business of reinforcing biases rather than uprooting them.

On the other hand, intuition without logic leads to vague impressions that never become accurate expressions or communicable understanding. The intellect is also necessary to avoid confusing intuition with emotionalism; the latter being subjective, its commands will have holes, self-contradictions, discoverable motives that are less than reasonable, and consequences that you can already foresee would be unpleasant. As mentioned, those who discard the intellect have no means to distinguish between the two. They get caught up in a self-made world of illusion that is wholly at odds with the objective reality they reside within.
Intuition as an Absolute Gauge

But why exactly can intuition do what logic alone cannot? What exactly goes on when you intuitively sense whether an idea is true or false? In intuitive thinking, the truth value of an idea is felt directly rather than determined through its relation to other ideas. By turning within and consciously focusing on a thought, awareness of your surroundings momentarily fades away and the separation between you (subject) and the thought (object) disappears as well so that both overlap into a single entity: yourself-as-the-thought.

It is the same process that leads to empathy when you internally observe yourself-as-other. In empathy, you feel internally what another person feels, which is only possible if you set aside your separate self and your personal circumstances and step into their shoes and see them relative to themselves. With intuitive thinking, you step into a thought and feel it relative to itself, or rather you feel yourself-as-the-thought relative to yourself-as-absolute-truth. The core of your being, the source of your intuition as well as that which observes itself in the process of self-awareness, is your most reliable absolute truth reference point because you can absolutely verify the truth of your own existence by noticing yourself notice yourself. By stepping into a thought you can feel whether there is resonance or dissonance between yourself and the thought in question, thereby comparing the thought to not just another idea originating from outside yourself, but to an absolute truth anchored at the very core of your being. Its truth value can therefore be estimated by how much it resonates with your being. Then, in using your intellect to thoroughly investigate ideas that resonate, you asymptotically approach absolute truth by reaching ever higher levels of objectivity. Deep resonance indicates the presence of truth.
The Process of Intuitive Thinking

Intuitive thinking is only possible through deep contemplation. Stitching together a patchwork of other people’s ideas is not sufficient to move forward in a revolutionary way. If you really want to figure things out, take time to contemplate deeply. This involves focusing inward to become ever more sensitive to your intuition, ever more capable of discerning between genuine intuition and subjective bias. It also involves cranking up your intellect to follow through with the suggestions intuition provides, to look for holes and inconsistencies, to unravel an intuitive “thought ball” into words clear enough for others to understand. I recommend getting a blank notebook to brainstorm and work things out in a freestyle manner since putting ideas down on paper frees up the mind to tap into the next batch of intuitive impressions and allows an instant survey of progress.

Good intuition and good thinking leads to good truth analysis. If an idea feels off, then find out exactly why it feels off. If an idea feels right, then find out exactly why. You are not finished until you clearly understand the intuitive impression, have logically dissected it, and can convey it accurately in words. Doing so is a divine act because it gives clear voice to spirit. It is really an internal communion, a nonverbal socratic dialogue between the lower self and the higher Self. You turn within, pose the question, feel out the possibilities, investigate the results, correct misunderstandings, apply them, test them, revise them, learn from them, ask and receive, feel out and figure out, realize and transcend.

Intuition provides answers to questions after the intellect has dutifully exhausted a line of reasoning and humbly bows in request of assistance. Logic can only go so far before it hits an impasse, a discontinuity where what comes after cannot be logically deduced from what came before due to limitations in prior assumptions and observations. That is when intuition throws a rope from the other side, so that intellect can deduce what came before from contemplating what possibly comes after. It is a backwards process, but it works and is a perfect example of how intellect obeying intuition moves one toward a higher level of objectivity. After having made use of the rope, following through by logically analyzing and unraveling an intuitive impression is equivalent to building a solid bridge across the impasse so that in the end, what was formerly a discontinuity is now a continuous path that can be logically followed forwards or backwards. That is because higher levels of objectivity are supersets of lower levels, and to derive a superset from the subset is impossible while the reverse is more than natural.

After intuition results in an epiphany, everything you thought you knew realigns slightly so that the answer to a previously befuddling question becomes smack-your-forehead obvious. Intuitive thinking therefore leads to logically self-consistent results even if the intervening process momentarily abandons logic for intuition when encountering an impasse. Intuitive thinking can do everything that strict logical reasoning can, but unlike the latter it can also transcend itself. The condition is that you logically follow up on an intuitive impression, which may be nothing more than the most resonant and best-fitting guess, even if your current observations, experiences, and assumptions do not yet prove it directly. If your intuition is correct, then in following and testing it you will encounter new observations, new experiences, and revised assumptions that prove it. But this type of transjective confirmation must come after-the-fact. Since intuition comes from beyond, the proof of its validity is accessed by going beyond.

And that is the true scientific method, where a hypothesis is proposed first and then tested. Too many scientists and skeptics irrationally reject “far out” hypotheses before investigating them solely because these “wild assertions” are not yet supported by prevailing assumptions. They are afraid to take a single step without the certainty of group consensus and the absolute confirmation of all prior steps, and so they are barred from accessing higher levels of objectivity and instead rationalize away transjective influences. Intuitive thinking is more scientific than modern science because it does not allow the scientific method to be restrained by limitations irrationally imposed by old assumptions. It is the way of the gnostic intellectual rather than the agnostic rationalist. Intuitive thinking is the true science of transcendence.

Further Reading

Truth Analysis — a short article of mine detailing the practical steps I use to apply intuitive thinking toward figuring things out. It was written a couple years ago and only briefly touches on some concepts that were more fully explored in the current article.

The Philosophy of Freedom (also published as Intuitive Thinking as a Spiritual Path) by Rudolf Steiner — this book gets to the core of intuitive thinking, freewill, and transcendence. Steiner wrote it in a manner meant to exercise both intuition and the intellect, thus it is very difficult to read and understand. I had an easier time figuring out these same concepts myself through intuitive thinking than deciphering them from the book, and only afterwards did I get what Steiner was talking about since I had already reasoned it out on my own. Still, it is a rewarding work for anyone looking for a mental and intuitive workout, and the concepts it covers have far-reaching implications.

Greater Community Spirituality by Marshall Vian Summers — a more readable, comprehensive, spiritual, and practical approach to intuitive thinking. In this book, real intuition is termed Knowledge with a capital “K” and made the cornerstone of what amounts to a fourth density STO philosophical system where listening to the heart, the voice of spirit, is essential to making wise choices in the challenging times to come. The wisdom and advice given in this book is true to my experience, so I recommend it for all truth seekers.

http://montalk.net/metaphys/138/transcendence-through-intuitive-thinking

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »

October 17, 2019

Steve Taylor, Ph.D., Guest
Waking Times

In the 1840s, a Scottish doctor living in India named James Esdaile was frequently visited by men with enormous tumours (weighing up to 45 kg) in the scrotum, caused by mosquito bites. The operation to remove them was so painful that men would often put it off for years, only having it as a last resort.

Esdaile had read about hypnotism (or mesmerism, as he referred to it) and decided to try the technique as a way of relaxing patients, so that they would agree to have the operation.

To his surprise, he found that not only did the patients feel relaxed, but they also didn’t feel any pain during the operations. In other words, hypnosis had somehow acted as a powerful anaesthetic. Esdaile reported that, in some cases, there was no pain or injury after the operation either, and that the healing process was faster. As he wrote, “less constitutional disturbance has followed than under ordinary circumstances. There has not been a death among the cases operated on.”

Word began to spread about this amazing surgeon who could remove the massive tumours in 20 minutes without pain or after effects, and soon patients began to flock to Esdaile’s hospital near Calcutta. Esdaile began to use hypnotism in other procedures too, including eye surgery, the removal of tonsils, breast tumours, and childbirth. Esdaile was sure that it wasn’t a matter of his patients pretending (to themselves and/or to him) that they weren’t feeling any pain — he noted that, in addition to a lack of writhing and moaning, patients didn’t display physiological signs of pain such as changes to pulse rate and eye pupils.

At the time Esdaile was practising, mortality rates for operations were massive: a staggering 50% of patients died during or after them. But in 161 recorded cases of Esdaile’s operations, the mortality rate was only 5%. The reasons for this aren’t clear. Esdaile himself believed it was due to “vital mesmeric fluids” passing from him to the patient, which stimulated the healing process. However, it was probably related to reduced loss of blood, and perhaps an activation of the same self-healing abilities that occur with a placebo.
The Hypnotic State

The hypnotic state is still mysterious — there is no clear explanation of what happens when a person becomes hypnotised, or how the state is different from normal consciousness. But the essential aspect seems to be that, under hypnosis, the normal conscious self becomes immobilised. Normal conscious functions such as volition and control are taken over by the hypnotist. And with the conscious self in abeyance, the hypnotist appears to have direct access to the person’s subconscious mind.

Certainly, one of the most striking aspects of hypnosis is the powerful influence of the mind (via the hypnotist’s suggestions) over the functioning of the body.  Esdaile was by no means the only physician to use hypnosis, but from the mid-nineteenth century, the practice was superseded by the use of chemical anaesthetics. But there were still some areas of medicine where the practice continued — dentistry, in particular. At the turn of the 20th century, hypnosis was dentists’ main method of pain management, and it became almost universal for dentists during the First and Second World Wars, when chemical anaesthetics were scarce and facial trauma was common. Even now, some dentists still use hypnosis, especially in cases where a person’s medical history precludes the use of an anaesthetic.

Recent research with patients who had teeth extracted under hypnosis showed that “hypnotic-focused analgesia” can increase pain thresholds by up to 220%. (1) This research also found that 93% of patients experienced reduced postoperative pain and haemorrhage. (This links to Esdaile’s finding that mortality rates decreased very sharply as a result of his use of hypnosis. Hypnosis can reduce blood loss and haemorrhage.)

Beyond its analgesic properties, there is a great deal of evidence that hypnotism can have a powerful healing effect. During the early to mid-nineteenth century, the technique was used by physicians as a treatment and found to be effective against conditions such as epilepsy, neuralgia, and rheumatism. However, hypnosis appears to be particularly effective with skin conditions. In highly suggestible people, hypnosis has been used to rapidly heal wounds and burns, to make warts and blisters disappear and to control the bleeding of haemophiliacs. Conversely, highly suggestible people may produce blisters or burn marks, if they are told by a hypnotist that their skin has been burnt, or if they are blindfolded and the hypnotist pretends to touch them with a red hot poker or another object. (2)
Explaining Healing Under Hypnosis

Even though the effects of hypnosis are unexplained, it seems likely that the analgesic and healing properties of the state involve similar processes to the placebo effect. Research has made it very clear that the placebo effect isn’t just about patients believing that their conditions have improved. Real physiological and neurological changes take place; genuine healing occurs. Recent research (most notably by Dr. Ted Kaptchuk at Harvard Medical School) has found that placebos can have a significant effect even when people know they are taking them.

Both the placebo effect and hypnosis suggest that we have a good deal more influence on our physiological functioning than we usually realise. Our beliefs and intentions seem to be able to activate innate self-regulating and even self-healing powers. A hypnotist simply creates the conditions under which these powers can be activated.

One of the most mysterious aspects is why we don’t have access to these self-regulating powers in our normal conscious state. We can’t simply say to ourselves, “Okay, I’m going to make myself numb to pain” or “I’m going to use my mind’s power over the body to improve the symptoms of my rheumatism or back pain.” We can only use these abilities unconsciously, through the intervention of a doctor of a hypnotist.

For me though, perhaps the most important implication of the regulating and healing effects of hypnosis (and also the placebo effect) are what they suggest about the relationship between the mind and the body. In modern materialistic science, the mind is usually seen as a kind of “shadow” of the brain. Mental activity is a product of — and is equivalent to — brain activity. All mental states can be reduced to brain states.

However, if the mind is just an epiphenomenon of the brain, the powerful physiological effects of hypnosis and the placebo effect don’t make any sense. How could an epiphenomenon bring about such powerful changes to the primary thing that it’s a byproduct of? How can a shadow change the object that it’s the shadow of? To use a different metaphor, it would be equivalent to suggesting that the images on the screen of a computer can change the software of the computer.

In other words, hypnosis and the placebo effect (and similar phenomena such as psychosomatic illness and psychogenesis, when mental intention generates illness) suggest that the mind is not just an epiphenomenon of the brain. In fact, since mental intentions (either our own or a hypnotist’s) can bring about such powerful changes to the body, it seems likely that mind is more fundamental than the material stuff of our bodies.

I believe that our culture urgently needs to adopt a “post-materialist” model of reality, which includes the principle that consciousness or mind are not byproducts but primary qualities of the world. One possibility is panpsychism, which suggests that consciousness is an intrinsic property of all material particles. Another is what I call “panspiritism” which suggests that the primary reality of the universe is a “fundamental consciousness” (or spirit) that pervades all space and all material forms. (See my book Spiritual Science for more details.)

Such post-materialist perspectives are the only hope of understanding rogue phenomena such as hypnotic healing and the placebo effect.
About the Author

Steve Taylor Ph.D is a senior lecturer in Psychology at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK. He is the author of Back to Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds and The Fall: The Insanity of the Ego in Human History and the Dawning of A New Era.

Steve’s books have been published in 16 languages and his research has appeared in The Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, The Journal of Consciousness Studies, The Transpersonal Psychology Review, The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, as well as the popular media in the UK, including on BBC World TV, The Guardian, and The Independent.

References

(1) Facco, E. et al. (2011) Effects of Hypnotic Focused Analgesia on Dental Pain Threshold. International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Hypnosis. 59 (4), 454–68.

(2) Kelly, E. F. et al. (2007). Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2019/10/17/hypnotic-healing-and-the-mysterious-relationship-between-mind-and-body/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Busier You Are, the More You Need Quiet Time
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »

Taking time for silence restores the nervous system, helps sustain energy, and conditions our minds to be more adaptive.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-busier-you-are-the-more-you-need-quiet-time?utm_source=pocket-newtab