AuthorTopic: Jordan Peterson Interviews Camille Paglia  (Read 94 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Jordan Peterson Interviews Camille Paglia
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:29:42 PM »
I haven't finished this, but it's pretty good. I'm a fan of Paglia. This might not be for everybody.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-hIVnmUdXM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/v-hIVnmUdXM&fs=1</a>
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Jordan Peterson Interviews Camille Paglia
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »
I haven't finished this, but it's pretty good. I'm a fan of Paglia. This might not be for everybody.

Two intelligent people talking, a total delight!  I'm a Jordan/Camille fan too.  There are a lot of Diner points of view in there but when you think about it what we do here is similar.  We are amateur psychologists and sociologists trying to understand the clusterfuck of terminal human exploitation on the squirrel cage we call earth.  Like they are.  The focus is different only in that we focus on the effects of madness and not on madness itself as they do.  We even have class clowns and they both have been heckled.  On a good day we might even almost be as smart.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:17:48 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Peterson Interviews Camille Paglia
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »
I wish I had the intellectual toolbox that JP has, but my talents are different. I'm a little good at a lot of things, and very good at one thing, and it isn't something that most people are interested in. Like a lot of other technologically oriented guys and gals, I went off on a technical journey before I got much of an education in philosophy, literature, and history.

I really admire his broad base of knowledge and his ability to frame his ideas in clear concise language. I didn't do my undergrad at McGill like he did. He was well taught.

Of course, his career was and is driven by his intense curiosity, and he's a hell of a do-er, not just a talker.

He frames my own very similar POV much better than I do, when it comes to male-female human dynamics. His science supports what my intuition and experience have taught me is real, in a world full of lies.

Paglia is the only feminist left writing whom I truly admire. It doesn't bother me that she's a woman in comfortable shoes. I think she has good insights into the kind of widespread campus mythos that has gotten us to this point in society where bad ideas are dominant in the higher education world.

And the world of art is very important. I am just a spectator into that world, and without any toolbox at all, but I view art as the last best thing humans are going to be doing at the end of existence. I hope they're still doing it, anyway.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.