AuthorTopic: Another Maine Town Passes a Food Sovereignty Ordinance  (Read 706 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Another Maine Town Passes a Food Sovereignty Ordinance
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »

FAIRFIELD, Maine (Nov. 2, 2018) – The Fairfield town council unanimously passed a food sovereignty ordinance last month. The ordinance not only frees local farmers and consumers from onerous state regulations, but it will also create an environment hostile to federal regulations and where they could nullify some FDA edicts in effect.

The “Local Food and Community Self-Governance Ordinance” exempts food producers in the town from certain state laws relating to food processing.

“I think that people who are growing food and working with their neighbors really deserve the support to be doing that — to make food, particularly local food, an affordable and approachable commodity in our town,” Councilor Aaron Rowden said before the 5-0 vote.

A state law passed last year gives local governments the authority to enact ordinances regulating local food distribution without state interference. Effectively, the Maine Food Sovereignty Act decentralizes regulations for direct producer to consumer sales, and allows local communities to create their own networks of distribution and regulation. An article in the Bangor Daily News explained the purpose of the new law.

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2018/11/another-maine-town-passes-a-food-sovereignty-ordinance-foundation-to-hinder-fda-control.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind