AuthorTopic: F/B "Mistakenly" DELETES "some" (20,000,000) live vids  (Read 240 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
F/B "Mistakenly" DELETES "some" (20,000,000) live vids
« on: October 12, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »

This time instead of exposing users’ data, a Facebook bug erased it. A previously undisclosed Facebook glitch caused it to delete some users’ Live videos if they tried to post them to their Story and the News Feed after finishing their broadcast. Facebook wouldn’t say how many users or livestreams were impacted, but told the bug was intermittent and affected a minority of all Live videos. It’s since patched the bug and restored some of the videos, but is notifying some users with an apology that their Live videos have been deleted permanently.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/11/facebook-deleted-live-videos/

Pete Santilli (luv 'em or hate 'em) Had his personal F/B page wiped off the cyber landscape. Adios 1st amendment.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Banned Alt. Media Talks to RT on F/B ban
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »
https://www.rt.com/usa/441140-facebook-purge-victims-speak/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: F/B "Mistakenly" DELETES "some" (20,000,000) live vids
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »

SOURCE: CAITLIN JOHNSTONE

While most indie media was focused on debating the way people talk about Kanye West and the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, an unprecedented escalation in internet censorship took place which threatens everything we all care about. It received frighteningly little attention.

After a massive purge of hundreds of politically oriented pages and personal accounts for “inauthentic behavior”, Facebook rightly received a fair amount of criticism for the nebulous and hotly disputed basis for that action. What received relatively little attention was the far more ominous step which was taken next: within hours of being purged from Facebook, multiple anti-establishment alternative media sites had their accounts completely removed from Twitter as well.

As of this writing I am aware of three large alternative media outlets which were expelled from both platforms at almost the same time: Anti-Media, the Free Thought Project, and Police the Police, all of whom had millions of followers on Facebook. Both the Editor-in-Chief of Anti-Media and its Chief Creative Officer were also banned by Twitter, and are being kept from having any new accounts on that site as well.

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/68777/internet-censorship-just-took-an-unprecedented-leap-forward-and-hardly-anyone.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
MSM Drives Getaway Car in Alt. Media PURGE
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »

Facebook purged more than 800 accounts last week, continuing its scorched-earth campaign of eradicating dissent as Americans prepare to go to the polls. The social media platform is nicely settling into its role as official censor, working hand in glove with the imperialist Atlantic Council to silence all popular voices to the left and right of neoliberal orthodoxy. As the boundaries of acceptable political discourse narrow online, Big Tech has been drafted to do Big Brother’s dirty work – the methodical dismantling of First Amendment protections behind the smokescreen of private enterprise.

On Thursday, the social media platform issued a press release explaining that the offending pages were engaged in “coordinated inauthentic behavior” – self-promoting with fake accounts and circular links, a practice common to many news pages on Facebook – and even admitted that such behavior was “often indistinguishable from legitimate political debate.” There was no explanation of how they distinguished the behavior of, say, a progressive antiwar blog from a Washington Post columnist, or why they would censor the former and not the latter.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mainstream-media-drives-getaway-car-for-alt-media-purge/5657123