AuthorTopic: Here’s Why Every Politician’s “Economic Plan” Fails  (Read 163 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Here’s Why Every Politician’s “Economic Plan” Fails
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »

In virtually every political race, all of the candidates running will put out some kind of economic plan. Most of them offer platitudes and vague policy prescriptions, but some of them actually feature a good bit of detail. Regardless, none of them will deliver as promised.

Here in central Kentucky, we are in the midst of a very hotly contested congressional race.

The Democratic Party Challenger’s most oft-touted qualification is the fact that she personally bombed people in the Middle East. Amy McGrath was a Marine pilot who flew 89 combat missions. If you live in this district, you know this. Every single campaign ad the McGrath camp runs reminds you of this fact. And believe me – they run a crap-load of campaign ads.

But last night, I saw a new commercial. It promotes her “detailed economic plan.” (The ad still has a picture of her standing in front of a fighter jet – because bombing.)

Now, I haven’t thoroughly read this economic plan. But I don’t have to. It won’t work.

Why?

Because you can’t “plan” an economy.

Just ask the Russians.

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2018/10/heres-why-every-politicians-economic-plan-fails/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Here’s Why Every Politician’s “Economic Plan” Fails
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »

In virtually every political race, all of the candidates running will put out some kind of economic plan. Most of them offer platitudes and vague policy prescriptions, but some of them actually feature a good bit of detail. Regardless, none of them will deliver as promised.

Here in central Kentucky, we are in the midst of a very hotly contested congressional race.

The Democratic Party Challenger’s most oft-touted qualification is the fact that she personally bombed people in the Middle East. Amy McGrath was a Marine pilot who flew 89 combat missions. If you live in this district, you know this. Every single campaign ad the McGrath camp runs reminds you of this fact. And believe me – they run a crap-load of campaign ads.

But last night, I saw a new commercial. It promotes her “detailed economic plan.” (The ad still has a picture of her standing in front of a fighter jet – because bombing.)

Now, I haven’t thoroughly read this economic plan. But I don’t have to. It won’t work.

Why?

Just ask the Russians.

https://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2018/10/heres-why-every-politicians-economic-plan-fails/

I could argue this point, in that you may not "plan" an economy, but you certainly ly have3 priorities. But given that it would be for the benefit of a candidate dealing "death from above," as we like to say, I find I've run out of fucks to give.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

Why?

Just ask the Russians.

I could argue this point, in that you may not "plan" an economy, but you certainly ly have3 priorities. But given that it would be for the benefit of a candidate dealing "death from above," as we like to say, I find I've run out of fucks to give.

Here she advertises herself as an accidental hero and identifies herself as a Trump hater.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-x7r15sLcQo?ecver=2" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-x7r15sLcQo?ecver=2</a> 

Whatcha goonah do?

Way I see it she still drank the Kool-Aid even if half of what she says is all right.  Bombing people ain't cool.  Give me a cleaning lady.  Fortunately, I can't vote for her so I don't have to deal with it.

A cleaner who moved up in a company to manage several buildings dealing with manpower, maintenance schedules, building needs, budgets and supply costs; could probably do a pretty good job getting an economic plan together.  Better than any politician could, that's for sure!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:34:35 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
The takeaway here is that Americans are still tribal enough to want to elevate their professional killer class to positions of power.

That "I'm a combat veteran so therefore I am uniquely qualified to lead" is a proven strategy that works. No people anywhere are more delusional about their military veterans than we are. Usually it's the Republicans who want to wrap themselves in the flag.

I've seen some of Amy McGrath's ads and they're good, as far as getting votes. I expect her to win.

The economic plan would require the votes to get it implemented, whatever it is. I wouldn't expect a freshman Congresswoman's progressive policies to have much of a chance, even if they make sense. I have not looked at the specifics, so i won't comment.

People are so stupid, anyway. This week I heard that Democrats are bailing on the Affordable Care insurance, because it's "too expensive".
So they blame Obama, right?  I'm guessing 90 plus percent of the voting public lack the mental ammunition to tell their butts from a hole in the ground.

We are so fucked.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
Once a voter gets past the local yokel issues "We Are So Fuq'd"  :evil4:

I remember the last time I stood in line to vote. It was the evening after work crowd I was in line with.

Some yeah-who comes out & sez... Ronnie Raygunz wins & the line emptied. I wasn't even able to make a difference ( I was still young & impressionable).

Since then, my attitude is "Jerk my chain when the revolt starts" .
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind