AuthorTopic: Civil War in the US- A Canadian Perspective  (Read 265 times)

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Civil War in the US- A Canadian Perspective
« on: October 28, 2018, 07:15:21 AM »
This is a worthwhile read  https://thewalrus.ca/americas-next-civil-war/?fbclid=IwAR3unNGgPqxDV5xQDnLt0e2awucNkwaxbnqB2rDQrPnugYnRhEirssBucCQ

Its not that shocking of a thought to the folks here. I have been saying this for about the last 15 years. The reason it was obvious.... was because it was so fucking obvious. I simply  listened to the Right and chose to believe them.

C5 Rule Of Survival- If someone threatens you, BELIEVE THEM........ and act accordingly.

To a person, every single person I mentioned this to, dismissed me or saw me as a potentially dangerous nut case. MrsC5 was the first to believe me.... so she is a keeper.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Civil War in the US- A Canadian Perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 11:54:57 AM »
I've said that a new civil war would be impossible. That doesn't mean we won't have to people who will try it. The divisiveness is clearly getting to a point where fascism could easily take over the politics of this country. 

Trump can't have his cake and eat it too. He has risen on a wave of white backlash against the false narrative that unlimited immigration is always a good thing and that all ethnic minorities and gender minorities are deserving of permanent special status with special bennies.

Twitterpolitik ( I checked to see if I just invented that term. I didn't but most references to it are not in English, fwiw) is Trump's weapon. Short simple lies that reinforce his popularity. Genius, of a sort. A dangerous sort. Quantity of Tweets being more important than quality. Twitter punishes quality.

But that successful tactic carries a cost. It unites the ignorant and stupid in service to their fearless leader. He can't shit-talk against his enemies and then turn around and pretend that isn't what causes the biggest losers to become terrorists in his name. His disingenuous reaction to these bombings, making it all about law and order..... makes me want to hurl.

Canada is looking better all the time. A bargain too, for USAnians with petrodollars. Young people should emigrate now and avoid the rush. Attend college in Canada, if they can. Get established.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Civil War in the US- A Canadian Perspective
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »
Does it come to slaughter or does it go out "not with a bang but a whimper"? Death from a thousand cuts and defunded federally by its largest states who can no longer take the incompetence real or perceived? As a country Canada has already received one mass American exodus following your revolution. It fundamentally reshaped the balance of power in what would become canada some say not for the better. The power shifted towards upper canada with the immigration of many skilled trades people and merchants to the area resettled and compensated for loyalty to the crown. Away from the French lower canada and semi independant first nations.
Personally I have step sisters in the south and a niece who I've jokingly suggested they immigrate rather then bash their heads on what seem like basic fairness issues. It is taking on a less humorous tone lately...
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.