PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats

AuthorTopic: 🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats  (Read 688 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Collapse Fireside 🔥 Rant ©: Politics 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 02:39:02 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on November 18, 2018

Discuss this Rant at the Frostbite Falls Table Inside the Diner

Last week's Fireside Rant ©Compounding Conflagrations of Collapse did remarkably well in its first week on the air (or in this case over fiber-optic cables), particularly since I haven't done any Audio Rants in quite some time.  You tend to lose audience if you don't keep the content running regularly, but the numbers for the first week are so far very good on that Rant at 193 Listens.

For this week, I'm ranting on our sitting POTUS Donalditry Trumpovetsky and his International Diplomacy ineptness, rising Fascism in the Western Industrialized Nations, and Right Wing internet Trolls who infest the commentariat of a variety websites.  The spin down of Collapse continues to accelerate here as 2018 comes to a close, and I don't expect things to improve in 2019.  It brings out the Scum of the Earth in the commentariat, and this can be a real problem as time goes by.  It plays havoc with the idea you can both have "Free Speech" and a decent and intelligent conversation at the same time.  Anyone who watched the Commentariat on Zero Hedge deteriorate over the years knows what I am talking about.

As a note for new Listeners, I'm doing my new Rants now on the Diner YouTube Channel, where you can also find the many Collapse Cafe discussions held with a variety of Collapse Pundits and other interesting and thought provoking people over the years.  Many other Rants and Interviews can be found on the Diner Soundcloud Channel as well.

For those interested in a Transcript of this rant, CONTACT me on the Diner and I will send you one.  I'm not generally publishing transcripts of my rants, I think they lose too much in the transition from voice to text.  They need to be listened to to get the full flavor.  However, there are Deaf People out there, so I will provide the transcripts on request.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:53:51 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats: CRISCO!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »

I have found the best source of cheap fuel for my candles!🕯️  Crisco Vegetable Shortening!  :icon_sunny:

This shit comes in really cheap, less than $1/lb not even ON SALE.  I mix it with some Bacon Fat and some Beeswax and I get a good consistency and good burning characteristics for my candles🕯️.  I can't match that price new even with motor oil!  If you buy paraffin and other candle making supplies from the hobby stores you get totally ripped off.  Food products that are mass produced come in WAY cheaper, and for the most part burn just as good.

I can get my candle🕯️ price down now to 0.04 for 4 hours, or 0.01/hr.  Cheaper if I get a hold of used cooking oil or motor oil.  I need to start raising Bees because they fucking charge you through the nose for beeswax. ::)  Beeswax isn't essential, but it does stiffen things up for a better looking candle🕯️.

I haven't had the energy the last couple of days to get out to SaVANnah and run the Heating tests, but I am going to try to work up the energy today.  I am really curious how many Candles🕯️ I will need to heat the cabin to a comfortable temperature.  I am betting it will take around 10.

RE

Let's see. Ten open flames in a poorly ventilated, airtight space, within a couple of feet of a 40 gallon gas tank. What could possibly go wrong?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats: CRISCO!
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »
Let's see. Ten open flames in a poorly ventilated, airtight space, within a couple of feet of a 40 gallon gas tank. What could possibly go wrong?

Your engine is within a couple of feet of the gas tank, burning constantly and your vehicle doesn't explode in flames.

I have burned my lanterns in the cabin of SaVANnah and no explosion, no suffocation either.  I will be running a CO detector and I of course have a fire extinguisher at the ready.  That of course is if I can work up the energy to run these tests.  Last 2 days very low energy to even go outside much less set up the experiment.

I am a Pyro 🔥 Professional.  :icon_sunny:  No worries. Trust me.  lol.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats Updates
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »
Politics 2018 now UP on Global Economic Intersection!  :icon_sunny:

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201811181944

Listens now stand at 80 after the 1st day.

Listens for the Wildfires Rant now at 220 going into the second week.

I'm now working on a Potpourri Rant for Thanksgiving Week Sunday Brunch covering a wide variety of Collapse Newz stories.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🔥 Frostbite Falls Fireside Chats Updates
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 12:24:29 PM »
Politics 2018 now at Triple Digits after only 2 days!  :icon_sunny:

Fireside Stats 11 20 18
Fireside Stats 11 20 18

My Winston Churchill voice impression in the coda is bringing in the Listeners!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:37:44 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN