PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> AN INDEX to show where all Questions and Points raise occured and were answered.

AuthorTopic: AN INDEX to show where all Questions and Points raise occured and were answered.  (Read 4420 times)

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile

The material in this thread IS AN INDEX to locate each relevant question and point made in the Investigation of the Sandy Hook School Shooting of Dec 14th, 2012 .

This will be a thread that only holds all the questions and points raised. It will link back to where the question is raised and also to where it is answered. It will say either un-answered or answered next to it so we all have an index to see which items still need to be dealt with. Wordpress allows such answers to be answered where they were asked but this is often not where it is relevant to the conversation. I will use this new resource to assure nothing is missed.

The investigation is taking place at Fellowship of the Minds (FOTM)

This thread will be kept locked for clarity. If you feel something has been left out say so in the main thread and it will be added here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:32:40 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
 This comment made by poster JEREMY can be found HERE slightly less than halfway down the thread.

Jeremy | January 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Reply   

Friends, I am the owner of the small web design shop that designed the website and content management tool for Arlington Local Schools. Mr. Offerman wrote this essay only after ignoring a lot of evident I provided that proved his theory was wrong. It’s unfortunate that this evidence wasn’t even mentioned in this biased essay.

Regardless of your position on the larger conspiracy, the situation with Arlington Local Schools is a non-story. The truth is:

Arlington Local Schools (ALS) posted the news item on December 17, AFTER the Sandy Hook shootings.

POINT 8 MADE BY JEREMY ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)
Their website content management system provided by my Ohio-based web design company has the ability to back-date or more commonly, post-date news items. Whatever date you insert when writing a news story on the site shows up in a feed that’s pushed to Google, and that is the date they display in their search results too.

PETER  Feb 5, 2013
What Jeremy says above is correct. All CMS systems allow users to do this.

Example 1) The user can set a published date in the future and the news item will automatically remain hidden from the the public until that date arrives.

Example 2) The user can set a published date in the past say "Dec 17, 1768" and the published date would show exactly that.

POINT 9 MADE BY JEREMY ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

Because of a glitch with their website, ALS ROUTINELY back-dated news items to make them show up on their website home page. The school back-dated this story for Dec 10 without thinking about the implications of it having a date prior to the tragedy in Connecticut.

They posted a PDF from CMI that, according to my source at ALS was distributed to schools by email on the night of on Sunday, December 16.

PETER  Feb 5, 2013

We only have Jeremy's word for this.

POINT 7 MADE BY JEREMY ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes) and proven in the lengthy discussion about the structure of Arlington Schools Website. For the summary of CMI access CLICK HERE

JEREMY CMI has no administrative access to the school’s website.

JEREMY is correct in this statement but it is very misleading.

He knows full well that Crisis Management Inc. could be issued a lower level of access to the site without endangering the sites security or privacy.

His statement implies that only Admin access would allow CMI to do what I said.

Because he created the site, Jeremy knows for a fact that what he says is inaccurate. This leads me to conclude he was trying to hinder the investigation not help it.

In fact, ALS is a small rural school in Ohio. To suggest that a national organization would somehow post content on thousands of school websites themselves makes no sense. And even if they did for only a handful of schools, would it be one of the smallest rural schools in Ohio?

POINT 1 MADE BY JEREMY
ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes) and referred to HERE AT FOTM on January 29, 2013. (scroll until you find that date.)

JEREMY 1. Google didn’t find the story in their search results until December 18. I was quoted out of context in the essay above, it usually takes 24 hours for Google to find news items, and the fact it showed up Dec 18 is consistent with a Dec 17 publish date.

PETER
Jeremy is referring to a statement I made in the ARTICLE that started this thread.

PETER SAID - Jeremy the developer of the software SpireCMS which the School uses to manage their website stated: “When a news item is created in our system, it is pushed out via an RSS feed and, Google has it indexed usually under 24 hours.”

The line I quoted is a straight cut and paste from the first statement he made in the Technical thread, it is on exhibit  HERE
 The original thread can be found HERE

From Jeremy's STATEMENT "When a news item is created in our system, it is pushed out via an RSS feed and, Google has it indexed usually under 24 hours."

From my QUOTE "When a news item is created in our system, it is pushed out via an RSS feed and, Google has it indexed usually under 24 hours."

Please compare the words I quoted to the words he stated on the technical site. Can we all agree they are identical?

I will not show why here now but will state, "Not only isn't this quote out of context, it is also one of the two most critical points that will allow us to unravel what happened. Without hearing this from the horse's mouth we would not be able to make a conclusive case!" 

I will explain the significance of this statement where it fits into the investigation.

POINT 2 ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

Jeremy 2. In the other thread, another reader of this blog named “here” posted a series of links that showed most news stories posted by Arlington Local Schools were back-dated. This demonstrates that it was an ongoing practice by the school to back-date even routine news stories on their site.

PETER  Feb 5, 2013
The above is not accurate.

During  December there were only 3 news items in the ALS Newsfeed. ALS routinely deleted stale dated news items out of the database.

What here examined was calendar items, not news items, which are completely different and kept in another feed.

I explain the difference in detail in an Exhibit, CLICK HERE to view it.

POINT 3 ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

Jeremy3. I provided a video showing the Google Analytics account which tracks all activity on the Arlington Local Schools website. The video shows that no traffic flowed through this news item dated Dec 10 until Dec 17. This video can be watched here: http://www.spiread.com/resources/arlington-questions

PETER  Feb 5, 2013
I highly recommend everyone watches this video. Pay particular attention to what he is pointing at when Jeremy uses the word 'PERMALINK'.

POINT 4 ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

Jeremy4. I suggested a plan where I would post another “test story” and back date it to the date of Mr. Offerman’s choosing so he could study how it gets indexed by Google. He declined to take me up on that.

PETER  Feb 5, 2013
As I stated in my reply to Jeremy's point 8 above, I fully understand the ability to back date news items. I do not dispute that fact.

The test was not needed to convince me.

POINT 5 ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

JeremyOnce I submitted the third piece of evidence, and suggested #4 above, Mr. Offerman started to discount my credibility as a reliable source. Apparently because it didn’t fit with the conclusion he was desperately trying to reach.

POINT 6 ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes)

PETER  Feb 5, 2013
I discounted your credibility because all you had done so far is give us your unsubstantiated opinion. Your opinion is not proof of anything.

I asked you point blank a number of times to give us technical information that would allow us to determine the truth. You ignored every such attempt to get you to help establish the truth.

JeremyWhether or not you believe in the larger conspiracy, I have provided strong evidence that the news item on Arlington Local Schools’ website was a result of user error, pre-dating a news story.

It’s unfortunate that Mr. Offerman left out all of this evidence when writing his essay.

You can read most of the dialogue between myself and Mr. Offerman here, if you want to subject yourself to boring reading. :)
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/sandy-hook-phony-documents-open-thread/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:26:04 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Dr. Eowyn | January 27, 2013 at 4:59 am | Reply   

Peter,

Thank you for the clear, step-by-step Exhibit 1.

I’ve copied-and-pasted your Exhibit 1 to the technical thread: “Sandy Hook Massacre: The People v. Crisis Management Institute.”
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/how-to-know-sandy-hook-guide-predated-massacre-technical-discussion/

You wrote:

“If Jeremy would be so kind as to confirm spireCMS works similarly to this and has the same capability, it would prove someone could place the documents without anyone at the school knowing about it. If Jeremy won’t confirm this I will ask Eowyn, the owner of this site, to temporarily elevate my privileges so I can demonstrate how it is done.”

POINT 1 QUESTION ASKED BY DR EOWYN ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes) and referred to CLICK HERE at FOTM on Feb 1, 2013.

Dr Eowyn But this blog FOTM is hosted by WordPress, not spireCMS. How would your having access to FOTM demonstrate how someone with author or admin privileges on the Arlington Schools site — Arlington Red Devils — tampered with the ARD site?

Peter

As has been shown in the discussion in the Investigation, SpireCMS which was used to create and operate the Arligngton Schools Website is a 'virtual' Content Management System (CMS).

CMS based websites are currently the state of the art in websites. The most important feature of CMS systems is such systems allow non-technical people to manage and expand, a very sophisticated website, once it is created by a developer, without constantly involving the developer in adding new content to the site.

The above totally changes the relationship between the owner of a site and the site's developer. Developer time is very expensive and older websites were expensive to keep current because everytime new content was to be added, the owner had to arrange, and pay for, the developer to make the requested changes to the website.

Within CMS based websites the developer has no presence in the day to day operation of the site or adding new content to the site. Less expensive employees of the owner, without the technical knowledge of a developer, can do all the day to day maintenance formerly done by a developer.

SpireCMS would not be a CMS without the most important attribute shared by all CMS systems, including WordPress.

The most important attribute of CMS systems is allowing non-technical people to add and manage content on the site.

WordPress implements this attribute differently than SpireCMS does but showing what WordPress allows demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt what SpireCMS is capable of.

To view the discussion about what the SpireCMS interface looks like CLICK HERE

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:32:50 AM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
joandarc | January 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Reply   

Thank you Dr. Eowyn for this thought-provoking post. Thank you also Peter for your professional analysis of what is happening in this matter. As to Jeremy stating that posts are pre-dated and post-dated, my question is: What would be the point or benefit for someone to pre-date the Sandy Hook event? What purpose would this serve if this alleged pre-dating was done deliberately?

POINT 1 MADE BY DR EOWYN ANSWERED BY PETER (below in quotes) and discussed CLICK HERE

Dr. Eowyn | January 28, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Reply   

"Joan,

It is not that Crisis Management Institute (CMI) deliberately pre-dated its guide on “How to talk to children about Sandy Hook tragedy”. Rather, Peter has presented the case showing CMI unintentionally and inadvertently pre-dated the guide. Originally, Sandy Hook was planned for Dec. 10, and so CMI and other sites did “their part”, resulting in CMI leaving a footprint of having uploaded the guide onto the Internet on Dec. 10 — which was captured by Google cache."

Peter
This is as good a place as any to announce one clarification that has arisen out of my painstaking analysis of this situation right from square one.

By the time I got this point. where I am about to put forward information about Crisis Management Inc's (CMI) role in this situation, I realized there is a much simpler explanation for this occurrence on Dec 10th, 2012, than I put forward in the article at the head of this Investigation, that suggests the Shooting was originally planned for Dec 10th, 2012 but was delayed for some reason. Such an occurrence would need to involve many people.

The simpler explanation I now think explains the occurrence, would only involve 1 employee of CMI making a simple mistake in preparation for the events that will take/took place on Dec 14th, 2012.

This explanation means there was no general false start for a false flag, there was only 1 mistake by 1 person at CMI, involved in the background preparation for such an event.

I won't explain the above here as it will make more sense once we start investigating exactly what happened on the Arlington Schools Website.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:51:26 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Jeremy | January 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Reply   

That’s Peter’s theory. But the fact is, they went in on Monday morning, December 17, after getting an email from CMI on Sunday night, December 16, and published the story, back-dating it for December 10 so that it would show up on their home page… not even thinking about the confusion it would create. The fact that every news story they posted for months prior was pre-dated supports this, and not Peter’s theory.

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Jeremy | January 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Reply   

Joandarc,
Good question. “here” posted a comment on the technical thread showing that ALS had been routinely pre-dating news posts for months. They did this because of a glitch on their website that was causing news items to not appear on their home page when dated with today’s date. We could have fixed the glitch for them, but weren’t aware of the problem. This was a “hack” way to make the news items show up on the home page.

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Jeremy | January 29, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Reply   

Hold on Peter…. me saying “I was quoted out of context.” is NOT a “serious accusation.”

This statement I made implies nothing of an intent to mislead. I assumed it was an honest mistake on your part. On the other hand, you saying: “JEREMY’s accusation is very deceptive. Because of his technical qualifications, and… …he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that…”

THAT… is a SERIOUS ACCUSATION. Why don’t you stop attacking my character, and SPECULATING about what I INTENDED to do! This is NOT (at least I hope it is not) a forum to attack my credibility or integrity.

Dr. Eowyn? (I’m hoping if this is actually like a court case that you will intervene accordingly. You are the closest thing we have to a judge, and you chose the format.)

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Peter | January 29, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Reply   

“quoted out of context” is a polite way of saying I was lying. THAT in my book is a serious matter. The intent is to discredit me.

I think that if rather than accusing me of attacking your character, you proved your statement JEREMY 1. Google didn’t find the story in their search results until December 18. I was quoted out of context in the essay above, it usually takes 24 hours for Google to find news items, and the fact it showed up Dec 18 is consistent with a Dec 17 publish date.

If this is indeed true, we would all understand what happened better.

Showing that what I said below is false would also help clarify the matter.

You have the technical background to know the truth. Please inform us all exactly why you think I am wrong.

I’m sorry but I will not stand idly by and let you misdirect people. Either prove what you are saying or stop making accusative statements.

Yes I accused you, but I also put the reasons clearly on the table in a way that the truth of them can be verified. All I have seen from you is vague unprovable statements.

Jeremy – it usually takes 24 hours for Google to find news items, and the fact it showed up Dec 18 is consistent with a Dec 17 publish date”

Peter below.
a. Only applies to webpages WITHOUT an RSS feed.

b. That a NEWS item such as the announcement regarding the the availability of the PDF file from CMI is made available to Google in an expedited manner making it available in their search engine for people to find in Quote Jeremy as I did, “When a news item is created in our system, it is pushed out via an RSS feed and, Google has it indexed usually under 24 hours.”

c. Without RSS feeds news items would not be available in search engines until after the first time Google entered them into their cache.

d. In the case of the document having a published date of December 13, 2012, that would mean google search users would not find a reference to the shooting in the google search engine, until potentially January 12, 2013, a month after the event occurred.

e. Search engines compete with each other to be the first to make such information available.

You can refer to the index letters to answer them individually.

People can then decide for themselves whether my accusation is credible.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:44:15 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile

Brant Walsh | February 7, 2013 at 1:34 pm | Reply   

Or, in case I am not allowed to embed:
http://www.screenr.com/8z47

Peter This dialog was taken from here http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/how-to-know-sandy-hook-guide-predated-massacre-technical-discussion/#comment-168398

We were discussing what happens when changing the published date of a post in WP vs doing the same in sCMS. Brant created a video presentation linked above which claimed to prove that what I said was not correct.

I replied below.

Peter | February 7, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Reply   

I can tell from the permalink in the test that you performed that the test was on a WordPress Page not a wordpress post similar to the ALS news item. The difference is your test does not have a date embedded in the permalink.

PETER
Notice the permalink outlined in red above.

it states 'w*w.cmionline.com/revision-permalink-testing/'

if it was a post such as the news item at ALS , it would look similar to below instead.

'w*w.cmionline.com/2013/02/07/revision-permalink-testing/'

The /2013/02/07/ is the date the post was made public, 'published'.

Brant almost correctly stated elsewhere before that the  /2013/02/07/ portion of the permalink can be changed by the user  manually.

He is correct only so far as the user is able to change the format (appearance) of that portion of the url.

Instead of showing as /2013/02/07/ it can be set by a WP administrator to only show the year and month as Brant demonstrated in the area of the CMI site where the pdf is kept which showed 0nly url/2012/12/name of pdf. The admin of a site can also chose a number of other formats that do not include a date in the permalink.

The WP permalink options are shown in the screen capture below of the section of the WP admin panel allowing customization of the permalink appearance.

Click the image above to view a higher resolution version.

Although the visual format of the date portion of a post permalink can be modified, the way WP automatically inserts the 'published date' into the chosen /year/month/day/ format cannot be changed manually by the end user as Brant shows being done for a page name in the video above.

The method Brant used to change the page name is not available for changing the date portion of a post permalink. 

Peter The news feed at Arlington Schools Website is composed of posts not pages. WordPress treats posts and pages very differently for a very specific reason I will explain later.

Try the same test with a post instead. You will find it acts very differently than a page.

Brant Walsh | February 7, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Reply   

I will, but keep in mind that:
    A. You can define any structure you want for permalinks in WP in settings.

Peter agreed and the process is illustrated by the last image I inserted above.

B. SpireCMS is not WordPress…

Peter True but it is obvious from the permalink structure used by ALS within sCMS that for post feeds on the site such as /news/ and /calendar/ feeds, the format used was to automatically insert relevant dates into their permalinks.

The format '/yyyy/mm/dd/' that sCMC uses is the same as WP but the code implementing what data is automatically entered into that format is not exactly the same as WP. 

SCMS automatically enters the news item's 'created' date into the permalink.

WP automatically enters the news item's 'published' date into the permalink.

The SCMS version of the date portion of the permalink would also only be maintained automatically by the code, not manually by the end user. To allow an end user to directly modify the permalink date would defeat the whole purpose of embedding an automated date stamp in the permalink.

The difference between WP and sCMS is that in WP the end user can change /2012/12/17/ to instead read /2012/12/10/ by changing the 'published' date of the document from Dec 17 to Dec 10.

SCMS has no such option. In sCMS the permalink date is permanently set to the document's created date.

In WP the date embed in the permalink always automatically matches the published date.

That is not the case with sCMS. We know that for a fact because of the second google cache record shown below that shows the url and published dates are not the same.

In sCMS the code is written so that once a news post is created only the 'published date' can be changed. In sCMS the date in the permalink is permanent no matter how many times the 'published' date is changed. That is how it should be to avoid problems with search engines and outside links. WP can cause problems for search engines and outside links if the published date is changed after the page has been linked from the outside.

In sCMS the only way to get a copy of a news item with a different date in the permalink is to delete the original news item and then create a new copy on the date desired in the permalink.

The only way to override  that would be to change the clock on the server in San Antonio as that is the clock used on the ALS website to set the current date as demonstrated in the screen capture below.

Brant's first test is not valid.

Brant Walsh | February 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Reply   

So, as I just tested for myself, see the link below as proof… WordPress, upon changing a permalink on a POST, will remember the previously assigned permalinks and redirect to the current version of the post. The date shown as the post publish date though, can of course be chosen by the user and has no effect on the URL. I prove this by not having my permalink structure auto named based on date but on page title.

http://screenr.com/NY47

Peter Brant again uses an example that does not include a date stamp in the permalink. He does mention that they exist and are used elswhere on the CMI site.

This test also is not valid as it does not include a date stamp in the permalink as shown below.

Peter | February 7, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Reply   

This test is still not valid. The news feed at ALS uses dates in the url not names. To do the test properly you need to use a date based permalink.

Peter | February 7, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Reply   

My challenge to you when using a date based url is to created a document where the url says one date and the published date says a different one. I couldn’t do it, perhaps you can?

Yes in WP you can change the format of how dates display in the url but you cannot change the way they function.

I’m going to continue on with the article now.

Brant Walsh | February 7, 2013 at 3:43 pm |

Nope, couldn’t do it exactly.. but again.. SpireCMS isn’t WordPress so I’m not really sure why we’re comparing the 2…

My attempt:
http://screenr.com/GY47
Peter Brant admits above that within WP he could not force the date stamp in the permalink to show a date different from the published date of the document.

When Brant changed the published date the permalink date also changed automatically.

Brant also could not access the permalink date stamp directly to edit it to be anything different than the published date.

Brant then states "but again.. SpireCMS isn’t WordPress so I’m not really sure why we’re comparing the 2…"

Although they act differently both the WP based CMI website and the sCMS ALS website use permalinks for some posts that have embedded date stamps.

In a screen capture from the original video Jeremy presented showing Google Analytics of the ALS site, Jeremy points at the address of the news item we are discussing at 2:11 min into the video. The permalink for the document clearly shows a date stamp, "/2012/12/10/".

Because of the automated nature of date stamps in permalinks there can only be 2 different dates embedded in such permalinks. WP is set to use the 'published' date in the permalink. In WP if the published date is changed then the permalink date stamp automatically changes to match.

Because of the way WP deals with permalink date stamps it is impossible for viewers to tell what date an article was first created.

In WP an author can set the published date anywhere from Jan 1, 1970 forward without readers knowing what date the article was actually created.

sCMS does not treat permalink date stamps the same as WP as illustrated in the second google cache record.

The only logical alternative date for sCMS to use in the permalink date stamp of news items is the document created date as set by the clock at the San Antonio server hosting the site. Doing so creates a true permalink to the record, not a transitory one as WP does. For sCMS to do anything else would defeat the whole purpose of permalink date stamps.

In sCMS the permalink date stamp is not needed to sort news items into the correct order for display. The 'published' date is adequate for that purpose.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:51:27 PM by peter »

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Jeremy | February 7, 2013 at 4:22 pm | Reply   

Looks like I re-joined the party with perfect timing! :)

Earlier today, Peter said:

*”Even if the published date is changed on a SpireCMS news item, the permalink will ALWAYS show the date the item was entered into the database.”*

The video I just created will prove Peter’s statement to be FALSE.

I just created this video showing how POSTS work in SpireCMS. The only difference between my site and Arlington is that they call it “News,” and we call it “Blogs.” It uses the exact same panel, we just change the naming scheme in the CMS, and one word in the URL based on the preferences of each client — and how they intend to use their content.

So here it is — a video of the experiment I offered to do for Peter in January, but he didn’t take me up on it. Enjoy.

http://www.spiread.com/resources/arlington-questions2

Signing off. For the record, I remain un-subscribed to comments on this website.

Peter's Response What Jeremy demonstrates here is only that SpireCMS permalinks can be configured to act the same as WordPress if a site admin so chooses.

Jeremy's video does not explain the second Google Cache record which shows different dates in the permalink and the published date.

The ALS website permalinks had to be configured differently than he demonstrated on Spire's site in order to create that google cache record.

In Jeremy's video he first set the date of the article to October 17, 2012. The permalink then showed the same date [2012/10/17/.

Jeremy then edited the article and changed the published date to December 13, 2012. The permalink then also changed /2012/12/13/

In the example given in the video sCMS acted exactly as WordPress. To cause this to happen is very easy to do by simply changing the permalink format, or in Jeremy's case he could possibly cause such a change at a lower level by directly changing the formula in one field of the database.

My challenge to Jeremy is the same as the one I gave Brant.

In a new video, showing the same level of detail as in this video, demonstrate how sCMS would create a document with /2012/12/10/ in the permalink and December 13, 2012 in the published date.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:15:14 PM by peter »