AuthorTopic: Apostle of the Incel Army and the Way Things Used To Be  (Read 415 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Apostle of the Incel Army and the Way Things Used To Be
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 06:40:29 AM »
The ur-nugget of Peterson's act is that there is a Marxist in every woodpile. The fact that thousands of alt right apologists have jumped onto his bandwagon is not the point. The fact is that I reject this thesis, no matter how deeply you adhere to this fiction, and no matter how many times you make the same damned post. It is derivative, and is clearly the only thing you have to say.

Fine, but that's not Peterson's thesis. You refuse to listen to him speak, so Eddie and I try to summarize some of his views for you, and then you refuse to accept our summaries as accurate. When you listen to him speak, you quickly realize he never uses absolutes, so he won't say the university faculties are "all" Marxists or that Marxists are "everywhere" in our society. When someone asks him a question, about almost any topic, but certainly economic/political ones, he frequently pauses for 10+ seconds to formulate the most considerate and nuanced answer he can give. When he doesn't know about something, he says "I don't know about that".

So no he doesn't believe there is a Marxist in every woodpile, but he clearly believes Marxism (as outlined by Marx) is wrong for many reasons. If there was a Marxist in every woodpile, would you even see that as a problem? That's the more important question he wants people to consider.

What is it about the word "quit" that you do not understand?  ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 06:41:26 AM »
Instead of calling us names, you should be figuring out what you're doing wrong. Until you do, things can't possibly go in any kind of positive direction.

Things can't go in any kind of "positive direction" no matter what.  The Industrial Civilization is Collapsing, and no political change will stop that.  The only difference is how fast it slides down and how the pain gets distributed across the population.  Repugnants will shift as much of the pain as they can onto the poor population.  Demodopes will try to shift as much money as they can to the poor population, at least if they are not completely corrupt which most are, but it's a still better bet than Repugnants.  In neither case will electing any variation change BAU, only revolution can do that.  It will come eventually.  As one of the Winners in this system, you hope for BAU to continue as long as you and/or your beloved are alive, but that one is still an open question.  I won't be around for it no matter what though, my Ticket to the Great Beyond is already punched.

Far as JHK is concerned, he IS a racist, and because he is such a talented writer he can somewhat disguise this fact, but if you can read the subtext it becomes pretty obvious.  I have had many conversations with JHK, and the guy is just not much of a nice guy no matter how you slice it.  There are divides in this society between the rich and poor, the black and white, the male and female and then all those other self-identified genders also.  These divisions will continue to further fracture through the Collapse period, which is going to last the rest of all of our lives.  So get used to it, and don't tell those of us who don't buy what Jordan Petersen has to sell that WE need to "change our ways".  It is you who needs to change your ways, because if you don't the conflagration that erupts will be far worse than it otherwise could be.

RE

If JHK were a racist, as you say, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell he would have voted for Obama, or all the other liberal candidates he supported most of his life.His record, and my record speak louder than your words.

Why would he vote for a black if he were a racist? Explain that, if you think you can.

Many of us say things in private that we wouldn't say in public. Maybe make off-color jokes, Maybe say the forbidden words that "trigger" the PC police. Maybe express some frustration with certain stupid people who happen to be members of some ethnic minority.

If you think that makes somebody racist, you just haven't really met a real racist. I've met lots of them, and they look and act NOTHING like Jim Kunstler.

I actually suspect, that like me, he still votes liberal, because the other side is just as repugnant to him as it is to me.

I agree about the impossibility of any good outcome, btw.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:59 AM »
Why would he vote for a black if he were a racist? Explain that, if you think you can.

That's EZ,  The alternative candidate was worse.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 06:54:39 AM »
For a real racist the black candidate is always the worst candidate.

The real Southern racists of my experience wouldn't vote for a black candidate if he was handing out gold bullion and he or she was running against the Prince of Darkness himself.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 07:03:40 AM »

I don't agree.  Would a "real racist" vote for a child molester over a black?  Highly unlikely for most, although some really radical racists might do that.  How racist is "real racist"?  Kunstler is a fairly traditional Jewish Liberal and he voted the Demodope party line for a long time.  No surprise he voted the Demodope ticket with the Obamanista at the top, but he's still a racist.  He makes fun of the way black people talk, their english isn't good enough for him.  He despises their culture, railing on the the lack of "family values", which should be no fucking surprise since the "family" was evicerated during the slavery period and then got further screwed up by the Great Society programs of LBJ.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 07:18:03 AM »
Would a "real racist" vote for a child molester over a black?

Quite likely, yes, here in the real world, the one you don't live in.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, serial child molester.

Duh.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 07:24:33 AM »
Would a "real racist" vote for a child molester over a black?

Quite likely, yes, here in the real world, the one you don't live in.

It is you who don't live in the real world.  But that is a bigger topic of course.  Not going to go there, sorry.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »

Duh.

Did his constituents know he was a child molester when they voted for him?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
News flash. Nobody runs on a platform of pedophilia.

Child molesters are sneaky. But the planet-fuckers who loot the commons have no trouble attracting votes.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 10:59:35 AM »
News flash. Nobody runs on a platform of pedophilia.

Child molesters are sneaky. But the planet-fuckers who loot the commons have no trouble attracting votes.

That's the point.  You don't know who child molesters are, it's not obvious.  But if you're black, it's obvious.  If two politicians ran for office, one a convicted White Child Molester and the other a Black Male upstanding citizen Dentist for example, who do the Racists vote for?  I bet they vote for the black man for the most part.  Despite revulsion for blacks by white racists, nobody gets more hatred than child molesters.

This case is not so extreme of course, but for a liberal like Kunstler, Obama-sama was the better alternative to vote for.  He is though still a racist.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »

Duh.

Did his constituents know he was a child molester when they voted for him?

RE

Hell no. Nobody votes for a kidfucker. Roy Moore proved that by getting an Democrat elected by being a creepazoid.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »

The real Southern racists of my experience wouldn't vote for a black candidate if he was handing out gold bullion and he or she was running against the Prince of Darkness himself.

For corroboration, see LBJ.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound