AuthorTopic: The Meat🥩-o-saurus Survey  (Read 4467 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
The Meat🥩-o-saurus Survey
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »

You can find the new Survey at

https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/7idETWjk

I'm not paying for the Premium Package anymore, so you have to answer in the next week.

Have fun Cow Killers!  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Meat🥩-o-saurus Survey
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »
Are you kidding ? Data collection for an alphabet agency.

Kathy's in the kitchen as I type, creating a masterpiece for us tonight.

Bacon wrapped filet's with franken spuds from Id. of course, stuffed shroooms with sausage, Avocados from Meh hi- co
Garlic french rolls & bev of choice.

Kath's mom hit THE BIG NINE O on Thursday past, so tonight we feast & swap lies. I might run the "met a white survivor of the Lil' Big Horn when I was 4" tale...  :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway, happy data collecting.  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »

It's Anonymous, and besides, you're concerned about the NSA knowing your beef preferences? ???  That's taking paranoia a little too far IMHO.  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »

Kathy's in the kitchen as I type, creating a masterpiece for us tonight.

Bacon wrapped filet's with franken spuds from Id. of course, stuffed shroooms with sausage, Avocados from Meh hi- co
Garlic french rolls & bev of choice.

Kath's mom hit THE BIG NINE O on Thursday past, so tonight we feast & swap lies. I might run the "met a white survivor of the Lil' Big Horn when I was 4" tale...  :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway, happy data collecting.  :icon_sunny:

Congratulations to Kathy's mom. Sounds like a wonderful meal. I think I'm getting hungry.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 07:31:06 AM »

Only two respondents to the Meat-o-Saurus Survey!  :'(

Are you all Paranoid the NSA will know your Steak Preferences if you fill out this short 10 question survey?  ???  :icon_scratch:  Are Diners that far off the deep end?

Come ON Diners!  I want at least 5 respondents before I publish the results.

This is important Diner Data for future menu items!

TOP PRIORITY!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »
I took it. For me "other" sauce is garlic butter. I also use smoke. Real smoke.

I'm not sure which steak I like best. It was an arbitrary choice. A T-Bone is just a NY strip and a tenderloin (filet) both, with the bone left in. I wondered about that, and that's what I read when I looked it up

When I grille, I usually use tenderloins, simply because I like the Angus tenderloins at Sam's Club, even though it's the evil empire and the cows are herded by child labor in Argentina or maybe Mongolia, or Africa or Pakistan. I've used those for years, and they're thick and good, and not horribly pricey.

But years ago, I started using flank steak (aka fajitas) to make these awesome shish-kabobs with grilled veggies. Tomatoes, onions, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple....sometimes squash. That's another specialty of mine that always goes over well. I use BBQ sauce on those. And I buy tenderized fajitas, which are easy to find here in far northern Mexico.

When I eat out, prime rib is my usual choice unless they run out of rare meat, which is a risk of dining late, which is my custom. My backup choice is often a ribeye.

Even though it sounds weird,  a coffee rub is really good on steaks. Fresh  beans, really ground fine. I like steaks done that way, and I should experiment more with that myself.

Mesquite is the best for smoke, and it's easily found here. (invasive species). Pecan and Live Oak are also pretty good.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:56:08 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »
I took it. For me "other" sauce is garlic butter. I also use smoke. Real smoke.

I'm not sure which steak I like best. It was an arbitrary choice. A T-Bone is just a NY strip and a tenderloin (filet) both, with the bone left in. I wondered about that, and that's what I read when I looked it up

When I grille, I usually use tenderloins, simply because I like the Angus tenderloins at Sam's Club, even though it's the evil empire and the cows are herded by child labor in Argentina or maybe Mongolia, or Africa or Pakistan. I've used those for years, and they're thick and good, and not horribly pricey.

But years ago, I started using flank steak (aka fajitas) to make these awesome shish-kabobs with grilled veggies. Tomatoes, onions, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple....sometimes squash. That's another specialty of mine that always goes over well. I use BBQ sauce on those. And I buy tenderized fajitas, which are easy to find here in far northern Mexico.

When I eat out, prime rib is my usual choice unless they run out of rare meat, which is a risk of dining late, which is my custom. My backup choice is often a ribeye.

Even though it sounds weird,  a coffee rub is really good on steaks. Fresh  beans, really ground fine. I like steaks done that way, and I should experiment more with that myself.

Mesquite is the best for smoke, and it's easily found here. (invasive species). Pecan and Live Oak are also pretty good.

I figured you were the other respondent.

BTW, you can make multiple selections on some of the questions if there is more than one thing you like, the sauces I think and accompanying vegetables.

This is a great survey tool, much better than the primitive survey tool that comes with SMF.  Even better when you buy the premium version, but I'm not doing so many surveys these days to warrant that.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »
A T-Bone is just a NY strip and a tenderloin (filet) both, with the bone left in. I wondered about that, and that's what I read when I looked it up

Sort of true, but not the complete butchering story.

If you notice with T-Bones, the size of the tenderloin side can get quite small, it tails off as you move down the bone with your bone saw.  The largest fillet portions come from the top of that bone and have their own name, Porterhouse.  The whole fillet neighborhood on the cow extends up past the bone though, and that's where you get the full fillet roasts from.

T-Bone

Porterhouse

Tenderloin (Fillet Mignon)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »

It's Anonymous, and besides, you're concerned about the NSA knowing your beef preferences? ???  That's taking paranoia a little too far IMHO.  ::)

RE

Thanks Eddie.

RE, your so easy some times. The post was about the 90 something elder, not alphabet soup  :icon_mrgreen:
Keep swingin' amigo's.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 11:00:01 AM »

RE

Thanks Eddie.

RE, your so easy some times. The post was about the 90 something elder, not alphabet soup  :icon_mrgreen:
Keep swingin' amigo's.

Regardless what the post was about, you didn't answer the survey.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 11:35:40 AM »

RE

Thanks Eddie.

Keep swingin' amigo's.

RE

You'd be well served to promote this survey while it's open. Easy to forget about.
I just completed it. Now I'm hungry.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »

RE

Thanks Eddie.

Keep swingin' amigo's.

RE

How would you know this ?

Are you tracking (trolling) diners NOW ?
Perhaps you're on the dole with mailbox money for intel on all of us.  :coffee:

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »

Nah. It's as easy as logging in and counting responses. I'll wager he now has three.

Although he is now apparently on the Soros payroll.  :icon_mrgreen:
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »

RE

Thanks Eddie.

Keep swingin' amigo's.

RE

Because there were only 2 responses, and they were me and Eddie. Duh.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »

RE

Thanks Eddie.

Keep swingin' amigo's.

RE

You'd be well served to promote this survey while it's open. Easy to forget about.
I just completed it. Now I'm hungry.

I'm going to post something in the thread every day until the survey closes.  I may drop it on the Blog also.  I think I can embed it there.  Couldn't get the embed to work in the Forum though.

RE
Save As Many As You Can