AuthorTopic: Community Gardens. Permaculture & Food Distribution during the Coronavirus Catastrophe  (Read 178 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphones & cameras of Irv Mills & RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner  May 31, 2020

Discuss this Video & Article at the Diner Pantry inside the Diner

In this week's Collapse Cafe, I got together again with Irv Mills to dicuss another favorite topic among Kollapsniks, FOOD!  This topic becomes especially important during the Coronavirus Pandemic since it gave the general population a taste of what the disruption of JIT shipping can do their food supply, which many people grow up believing grows on the grocery store shelves each night after closing.  lol.  Irv is the Coordinator of his local Community Garden in Kincardine, Ontario and grew up on a rural family owned farm a bit inland from where he lives now on the shores of the Great Lake they call Huron.

The conversation ranges from the Garden and the Coronavirus Pandemic to Food Distribution, Commercial Monoculture Agriculture & Permaculture farming, where Irv has a few differences with a segment of the Permaculture community.

Hope you enjoy this discussion, since there is much more on the Food topic to come from Irv & me.  He's as obsessed with this topic as I am, and when we start talking about it, we just don't stop.  lol.

It's Diner Fundraising time as our Annual Bills come due.  If you find our work informative and interesting, please make a contribution so we can continue on with our work, until the Internet goes Dark…

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:44:48 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Cam

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Gonna listen to this while I do some barbecuing. I think I'll be your first 'view'.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gonna listen to this while I do some barbecuing. I think I'll be your first 'view'.

Actually, we're up to 9 views already.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Cam

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile

Actually, we're up to 9 views already.

RE

Interesting Youtube still tells me no views. The counter must be messed up. Sausages are done but still listening.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Now UP on Global Economic Intersection!  :icon_sunny:

Also, Irv and I are planning another Collapse Cafe, this time covering resilience in Electrcity with Localized power generation and Renewables.  12-48V DC systems will be a main topic of this discussion.  We would like foks intersted in this topic to join us.  It's a great opportunity to pick Irvs brain on this.  He has 31 years experience maintaining the Ontario Electrical Grid working both the Nuke Plants and the Hydro Plants.

Please PM me if you are interested in joining this discussion.

RE

posted on 01 June 2020

Prime Time For Community Gardens

by Reverse Engineer, Doomstead Diner

Permaculture and Food Distribution during the Coronavirus Catastrophe

Discuss this Video & Article at the Diner Pantry inside the Diner

John B. Lounsbury Ph.D. CFP

Managing Editor Econintersect.com

Senior Contributor TheStreet.com

Highly ranked author Seeking Alpha

Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
I listened to the entire video.

I like Irv.  I'd like to talk to him.

That is to say that I'd like to be involved in the next discussion. 

Also, I'll donate some money. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I listened to the entire video.

I like Irv.  I'd like to talk to him.

That is to say that I'd like to be involved in the next discussion. 

Also, I'll donate some money.

Send me Days/Times that work for you in a PM.  I gotta get someting that works for everybody.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Now up to 53 Views.  :icon_sunny:

Also, I have not yet received RSVPs from several Diners who I KNOW are interested in the Electrics topic and have varying degrees of knowledge about it.

Please respond in PM as to whether you will or will not join the discussion so I can finalize the planning.

RE
Save As Many As You Can