AuthorTopic: ☃️ The 12 Days of Winter Solstice Diner Collapse Potluck Feast & Music Festival  (Read 4057 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🎵 Solstice Festival Music: Celtic Instrumentals - Various Artists
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 11:43:55 AM »
Seeing as the Solstice is basically a Druid Holiday, my next selection for today's playlist is a playlist of numerous Celtic music tracks..  Warm Holiday Greetings to all Druids and other Pagans on the Diner.  Contribute your own choices of Holiday Music to celebrate with and add them to the thread!

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oMgQ7x2T9Yg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oMgQ7x2T9Yg</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦀 Diner Festival Main Dish: Alaskan King Crab
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:27 PM »
Today's Main Course
Tomorrow's Main Course
Very slow start so far to the Festival.  :(  It's always a bummer when you throw a Party and nobody shows up.  :'(  Come on Diners, give me some help here!  We need Side Dishes!  We need Wine!  We need more Music!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to eat it all myself then.

RE

REs Main Course Plate Today (I loaded up since nobody came to share it with me)

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥦 Diner Festival Side Dishes
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »
Today's Main Course
Tomorrow's Main Course
OK, I can see I have to provide the other Feast Dishes tonight since Diners are not contributing. :(

Just the Crab Legs were enough given I had to eat all of them, but you want a few different tastes and textures incorporated into a real feast.

RE

REs Solstice Feast Day 1 Sides

Tonight's Salad: Garlic Shrimp Caesar

Tonight's Carbo: Linguine with White Clam Sauce

Tonight's Veggie: Broccoli au Gratin

Tonight's Wine: Chablis
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:33:25 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🎵 Solstice Festival Music: Carpet of the Sun - Renaissance
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »
Some Dinner Music to listen to in pleasant Solitude.

Annie Haslam could really hit the high range.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mg2ptdYAhng" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mg2ptdYAhng</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
 Who say's Pizza is snack food or tavern fare?

Not famed Diner Master Chef GO. Food fit for the Diner Feast and Music Festival when prepared to Chef GO's exacting standards. Enjoy and save a few slices for the Chef Please.   ;D

The Chef has decided a wine just won't do for these creations, unless we add some festival bubbles to the Bubbly :icon_sunny:

Let Chef GO then enhance it once more with his world renowned artistry. How's this??

Enjoy Diners, not what one gets at Pizza Hut heh my fellow Diners.    :laugh:   

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
 I couldnít agree more. It looks a hell of a lot better than the swill they  are serving up where I am right now. I know Tattingers to be found anywhere.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I couldnít agree more. It looks a hell of a lot better than the swill they  are serving up where I am right now. I know Tattingers to be found anywhere.

You're ALIVE!

:multiplespotting:

I am in the midst of huge computer woes at the moment.  I'm on a backup laptop.  Looks like the Dell may have to go in the shop for an overhaul.  Not a good time of year for this.  I probably need to wait until Jan 2nd to bring it in.

Keep us informed how the rehab is going.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile

Glad you enjoyed it Surly.

Cheer up and thank the heavens for Contrary. You will be home soon enough enjoying some wholesome home cooked food and getting back to your computer.

That Taittingers is great stuff but for some reason it has always just been a Holiday treat for me. Chianti Classicos are my favorite choice a majority of the time. Great value and quality are the reds from Tuscany.

You will be home soon and it will all be just a bad memory before you know it.   :emthup: :emthup:

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🥟 Solstice Pre-Feast Appetizers
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »

How about some more contributions from other Diners?

RE

Youíre off to a rousing  start. I would contribute if I could. Itís going to be a couple of days, at a minimum.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

Glad you enjoyed it Surly.

Cheer up and thank the heavens for Contrary. You will be home soon enough enjoying some wholesome home cooked food and getting back to your computer.

That Taittingers is great stuff but for some reason it has always just been a Holiday treat for me. Chianti Classicos are my favorite choice a majority of the time. Great value and quality are the reds from Tuscany.

You will be home soon and it will all be just a bad memory before you know it.   :emthup: :emthup:

From your lips to Godís ear. I give thanks every day that I live with such a woman. She really gets me. If youíve been a great source of support during this particular deal, as well as others.
Interestingly, Chianti is my favorite wine of choice, particularly as when I go to our favorite local Italian restaurant, as we did last night Prior to surgery. No wine for me though; none for 24 hours before surgery.
Iíll be looking forward to a nice glass when I go home, we try to be sometime Sunday.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile

You're ALIVE!

I am in the midst of huge computer woes at the moment.  I'm on a backup laptop.  Looks like the Dell may have to go in the shop for an overhaul.  Not a good time of year for this.  I probably need to wait until Jan 2nd to bring it in.

RE

Wise has a real good disk cleanup tool and it's free in case you are not aware. It may be worth a try.  :dontknow:

http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

You're ALIVE!

RE

Wise has a real good disk cleanup tool and it's free in case you are not aware. It may be worth a try.  :dontknow:

http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

Not a cleaning problem.  This is a networking problem and it is going through both bluetooth and wifi.  I've lost about everything in conections, mouse, printer etc.  The Op system has been hinky for a while now.  It's time to get her in the shop.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🎵 Solstice Festival Music: An Irish Pub Song - The Rumjacks
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 07:23:37 PM »
My final Music selection for the first night of the Diner Solstice Festival.  It's an Irish Shanty, and you should recognize the similarity with the Scottish Bagpipe sound here, which all stems from ancient Celtic Music.  Druids Rule tonight!

The Irish of course really dress it up with the right lubricants.
  :icon_sunny:

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDTQQWSmo8s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tDTQQWSmo8s</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🎵 Solstice Festival Music: Game of Thrones -Lindsey Stirling & Peter Hollens
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 02:31:45 AM »
Sticking with the Celtic based Music today with this selection from Lindsay Stirling and Peter Hollens.  Amazingly, Peter did ALL the vocals, laying down numerous tracks.

Your selections don't need to be from the same genre as mine.  Pick what you like and add it to today's playlist!
  :icon_sunny:

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_oNpmSAvpGQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_oNpmSAvpGQ</a>
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:17:30 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦐 Solstice Pre-Feast Appetizers
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 02:39:40 AM »

Another Appetizer selection for the Early Birds arriving at the Festival today.  Hopefully a few more show up than yesterday.  ::)

RE

Early Bird Appetizer

Deviled Eggs with Crab, Shrimp & Caviar
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:26:44 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can