PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🗳️ 2019 Collapse Political Survey

AuthorTopic: 🗳️ 2019 Collapse Political Survey  (Read 18690 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🗳️ 2019 Collapse Political Survey
« on: December 19, 2018, 05:26:58 AM »
Currently in Beta Testing.  Help me out by filling in the survey so I can check itf everything is working right.  New questions can still be added before I go Live with it, so suggestions for questions are :hi:.  Your current answers will be wiped out if I add or make changes to the survey, so you will need to fill it out again then when I do a general release, probably on Sunday for Brunch.

...Survey Says...

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🗳️ 2019 Collapse Political Survey
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
HEY!  Nobody has responded to the End of Year Diner Political Survey! 😠

I need some data points here to check this thing out!

Also suggestions for improving it before I go live with it.

It doesn't even take 5 minutes to complete, and it's anonymous.  Use a Proxy Server if you are really paranoid.  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 11:19:17 AM »

It doesn't even take 5 minutes to complete, and it's anonymous.  Use a Proxy Server if you are really paranoid.  ::)

RE

Done. You should reword the question about control of the Senate.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:30:47 AM »

RE

What wording would you suggest?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »

RE

7. Who will control the Senate after the 2020 election?
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »

RE

10-4.  Wording Updated.  Any other questions you want me to add?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »

RE

10-4.  Wording Updated.  Any other questions you want me to add?

RE

I'm thinking of adding some Demographic Questions to the Survey.  :icon_scratch:  Age, Gender, Regional Location, Education Level etc.  Not sure though if this will make for fewer responses.  When I go Live with it, I will distribute it across all the Collapse Websites that haven't yet Banned me. lol. r/collapse, Cassandra's Legacy, etc.

Diners also are requested to post links to the survey on Social Media and the commentariat of websites they participate on to get as big a Sample Size as we can.  Don't do this yet though until I have it in Final Form.  It appears to be working fine.  I may pay for a month's worth of the Premium Package to get full stats on this one.  I also have another one in the works on Survey Monkey on Economics which I may transfer to Free Surveys if I buy the Premium Package.  I wanna test out Survey Monkey, which is the most popular of these tools.

RE
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:23:14 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🗳️ 2019 Collapse Political Survey Update
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »
I ended up springing for the Premium Package again.  ::)  Santa RE's Christmas Present to the Diner. 🎅

I decided to add demographic questions and also Attitude questions about Collapse, and the Survey got too long for the Free Account.  I also wanted to get the more detailed Stats you get with the Premium Account.  Besides that, I have more Surveys planned for 2019.  This Survey does NOT include Economics & Money questions, that will be a separate Survey I release in January.  This Survey will go LIVE on Sunday for Brunch.

Thanks to the Diners who voted in the Beta test survey for helping me out to check how it was working.  It was actually an interesting sample, although small. We had both self-identified Libertarians and Communists respond, and 60% of the respondents favored Revolution over the Status Quo, which got no votes.  The other 40% voted for "Other", although I am not sure what other entails here? ???  :icon_scratch:

All prior responses will be wiped out prior to release of this Survey, so if you took it you will need to take it again.  I am taking further suggestions for questions to ask through Saturday.  Don't take the Survey again prior to Sunday, since there might be some last minute changes before I Publish and go out on a Promotional Campaign for it.   Don't forget to drop links for it on any other websites you participate on that accept Links!

Preliminary Results will be published a week later, also for Sunday Brunch.  I will probably leave the Survey Open for new respondents through January, depending how many more responses are trickling in.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hP57Ujh1J-0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hP57Ujh1J-0</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey Update: The Gender & Religion Gap
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 02:47:17 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of RE

SFollow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on December 30, 2018

Discuss this analysis at the Survey Table inside the Diner

Survey now @ 400 Respondents

Survey STILL OPEN.  Submit your Opinions HERE

I had intended to make this update about the Energy results coming out of the survey, but this data is already too much to do a decent overview on  in such a short time and I am going to put it off until I close the Survey.  So I am focusing today on a smaller demographic area of the Survey, the Gender question and the Religion question.

Before I do that though I want to express my Gratitude to the submitters who have made this survey the most statistically significant one I have ever done, surpassing even the Human Extinction Survey.  These respondents come from 4 Collapse Websites primarily:

#1- Reddit r/collapse @ 139 Submissions

#2- The Burning Platform @ 92 Submissions

#3- Cassandra's Legacy @ 79 Submissions

#4- The Doomstead Diner @ 50 Submissions

Several other collapse websites submitted responses as well, but these were the only 4 in the double digits, to date.  Total submissions now from all websites is over 400 now.  REMEMBER THE 400! You will be one of those who were counted as the End of Industrial Civilization became apparent.  This is a highly significant sample of the Collapse Blogosphere, I will write in more detail about that when I begin the full analysis of the survey, which is going to take quite some time to do.  The survey remains OPEN at this time, you can still get your last minute Opinions in here before I take the tally and start to work on figuring out what (if anything) this all means.

First we have a BIG PROBLEM.  We have a Gender and Religion Gap!

For today, I am just going to look at two curious Demographic results, concerning Gender and Religion.  The Doughnut Charts are up at the top of the page for reference. (this snapshot taken a couple of days ago with respondents around 250.  Percentages haven't changed significantly since)  Up first, the Gender Gap.

Where have all the Females Gone?

In the demographic study, the Collapse Blogospere turns up 13% Females, 84% Males and 2% LGBTQ or Other, all self-identified descriptions of course.  This percentage is actually remarkably consistent across all the surveys we have run across all websites, including the previous largest survey on Near Term Human Extinction.

On the Diner, I have often been blamed for the lack of female participants, because I am a self-identified and declared Monast, a Spiritually-driven Panentheist Hermit-Monk, Celibate now for the last 20 years.  I have also fairly often been accused of Misogyny, which just isn't true.  I don't hate women any more than I hate men, or LGBTQs either.  In the words of Don Rickles, I hate them all equally. lol.  It's also quite a stretch to believe I drive all the wimmen off of all the Collapse Websites just by showing up there. lol.

So WHY is it there are so few women-folk haunting the Collapse Blogosphere?  There certainly are plenty-o-females on the net, you find them all over the cooking sites (which I haunt also of course, which you would suspect if you read my periodic SNAP Card Gourmet articles  or the Diner Menu inside the Diner.  I love cooking and among my many other professions I was a professional chef), and they are all over the permie sites and homesteading sites also.  But NOT on the Doomer sites themselves.  My basic answer to this question is that the Commentariat on Collapse websites is highly contentious, often enough it devolves into an all-out Bar Fight or Napalm Contest.  Wimmen don't really like to engage in this sort of thing in general.  At least not like the wimmen in the gif at right here. lol.

The other more deeply psychological reason I can come up with is that females simply don't like to contemplate TEOTWAWKI scenarios, hordes of rampaging Zombies, loading up their bras with Gold Coins to secure against Hyper-Inflation, etc. You would need a seriously good wire supported push-up bra for this task, maybe you should look for one on smile.amazon.com?  Be sure to drop the Sustaining Universal Needs Foundation of Boiling Springs, SC as your designated Charity. đŸ™‚  But that is just a WAG anyhow, I have no numbers to back up that hypothesis. lol.  If you have a good rationale for this Gender Gap in Collapse, please drop it in Inside the Diner and let me know what it is.

Where have all the Muslims Gone?

Related imageThey haven't all gone to graveyards yet, based on the number of beheadings and suicide bombings going on around the globe anyhow.  Allahu  Akbar!

To date, with well over 400 submissions from all over the world and several pretty popular Collapse Focused Websites weighing in, not one single believer in the Koran and Islam has weighed in here with an opinion.  Yes that's right folks, a religion currently commanding the belief system of roughly 1.5B Homo Saps has ABSOLUTE ZERO representation in this survey!

According to a 2010 study and released January 2011, Islam has 1.5 billion adherents, making up over 22% of the world population.

Islam is also the world's fastest growing Religion and projected to take over the globe demographically by 2060

Related image

Now, even the Unitarian-Universalists, a totally microscopic religion I was born into drew in 3 submitters.  Panentheism which I now subscribe to got two submitters, me and somebody else.  I wasn't even sure anybody else even knew what Panentheism is and how it differs from Pantheism either!  Apparently though, there is at least one other person out there who is another believer.  Who is that guy (gal)?

The question remains though, WHY are there no Muslims contributing to this survey?  Besides all the Muslims currently living in war torn contries being bombed back to the Stone Age by the FSoA who probably don't have internet access at the moment, there are still plenty-o-Muslims who have emmigrated to European Countries and the FSoA over the last 50 years or so.

Global Religious Distribution

Image result for europe religions

FSoA Religious Distribution

Image result for us religions

The Immigration Wave

Image result for Self described religion in the European Union (2012)[17]

Image result for religious distribution usa

Now, I'm not looking to fire up you xenophobes & racists out there (well, maybe I am. lol. good for the total numbers.) but the fact is there are many Muslims in the West with access to a computer and an internet connection, certainly a far greater number than the numbe of Unitarian-Universalists and Panentheists anyhow.  So WTF don't they VOTE? Is it a violation of Sharia Law or something?

The reason for the Religion Gap is about as big a Mystery to me as the Gender Gap, so if any of you readers out there has some deeper insight into this, please post it up Inside the Diner for the Diners to chew on.  It's a really deep topic and I am sure we can get a really good Bar Fight out of it.  Just remember if you do drop in that we don't follow the Marquis de Queensbury rules inside the Diner, and I personally do not fight fair. I'm the fucking Admin. LOL.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
✔️ 2019 Collapse Survey Update: The Gender & Religion Gap
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »
Update now UP on Econintersect.com!  :icon_sunny:

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201812302323

Survey now @ 443 Respondents

Survey now @ 99% Confidence Level with a 6% Margin of Error

We killed it with this one Diners.  Absolutely ASTOUNDING!  :o

Not so Wacky after all.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
✔️ 2019 Collapse Survey Update: 99% Confidence Level
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »

Survey now @ 455 Respondents

Survey now @ 99% Confidence Level with a 6% Margin of Error

Cassandra's Legacy has now overtaken TBP for 2nd Place with 99-97 Submissions.  The Diner in 4th with 59 submissions.  r/collapse the clear leader with 150 submissions.

Energy & Technology analysis coming Sunday to a Laptop Near You.

Not so Wacky after all.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
click the pic to enlarge
500 Drive
500 Drive

Now @ 480 Respondents.  :icon_sunny:

Diner in 4th out of the money with 62 submissions.

If you haven't voted yet, GET TO IT!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
✔️ 2019 Collapse Survey Update: THE 500
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »
"Remember this day men, for it will be yours for All Time"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdNn5TZu6R8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HdNn5TZu6R8</a>

WE DID IT!  WE MADE IT TO 500 RESPONDENTS!

Unfuckingbelievable.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: ✔️ 2019 Collapse Survey Update: THE 500
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 05:34:02 PM »

Unfuckingbelievable.

RE

Not surprised at all.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ✔️ 2019 Collapse Survey Update: THE 500
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »

Unfuckingbelievable.

RE

Not surprised at all.

What is surprising is that the Diner held onto 1st Place in the Go-To Collapse Blog Ranking all the way to The 500.  ::)

DOOMSTEAD DINER.  #1 FOR DOOM ON THE NET.

re
Save As Many As You Can