AuthorTopic: Web Page Newz  (Read 6086 times)

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Web Page Newz
« on: December 22, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »
I've mentioned I'm working on a new web presence before.  I am about as far as the functionality Irv Mills (and others) have with blogspots right now.  The difference being my code is running in my own server on the very computer I'm typing this on.

Irv's site (A common Blogspot look and feel)  Nothing wrong with it if you don't mind the golden handcuffs.

http://theeasiestpersontofool.blogspot.com/2018/10/responding-to-collapse-part-3-decling.html

Compare that with a peek at what I'm up to now.  This is a screenshot.  I started writing an 'article' using my internal editor and added some dummy comments.

As you see if I just wanted a blogspot looking site where I write the software and host it myself I can be up and running pretty quick.  That just polishes what I have now.  But I want more than that so this post is just a tease.  Kblog really is up on the dark web and if you knew what to type in as a URL you could actually get there.  You could even leave a comment.  But like I said, not yet.  I have plans.

I'll be correcting the 'Dune' quote above through my Admin Panel but I'll have to create a Frank Herbert user first.  Go ahead and comment on my nascent essay.  Your input could make it into the debut Kblog release!

Whenever that is.  :icon_sunny:

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Web Page Newz
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 02:43:37 PM »
I'm as giddy as a sophomore school girl over this trudge forward.....

:icon_sunny:  :icon_sunny:  :icon_sunny:

Be gentle with them.... (hehehehe)
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:55:36 PM »
Lookin' good Dogbreath.  ;D

Send me the URL in PM and I'll hel you troubleshoot it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 09:04:37 AM »
Lookin' good Dogbreath.  ;D

Send me the URL in PM and I'll help you troubleshoot it.

RE

I will but it has to be more functional first.  The first thing to do is get it working like a typical blog and then I will distribute, improve and go mad scientist (integrated polls and stuff) on it. 

Right now you would just click a few times and that would be all since it is not functional enough to use.  When you can be an actual user and write stuff I'll send a URL around to you and the gang.  It actually host it on a computer at home now and the link doesn't work when this computer (the one I'm using is off).  When I send it out I'll put it up on the web at chasingthesquirrel in a directory and eventually it will be my main page.  Go to chasingthesquirrel for today's screenshot on last nights progress now.

Yesterday I made a database article with comments and added navigation between comments.  A field in the database holds a link to a parent comment if any and when the page loads the child links are dynamically generated.  Development for now all happens on this computer and I don't want to deal with uploading and downloading until it settles down more.  Changes day to day right now would look like chaos to anybody but me since sometimes I have things broken.  Later when daily changes are not so apparent other people can makes sense of things.

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
Looks like the future of dissent. Can't wait to argue. When do we start?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Looks like the future of dissent. Can't wait to argue. When do we start?

Today I am looking at a page I extracted somewhere which stripped down a WYSIWYG editor to its clean essential details.  It totally rocks and that will be the next thing to add.  I'll have to digress a bit and figure out how it works again.  It is mostly javascript and I've only done a little javascript but I can manage.  Mostly making this page a couple of years ago in fact.  It just means digression here and there to get my learn on.  If you don't follow what I'm talking about that is cool.  Javascript is code that is loaded and runs in your computer and that is different than the code so far which is PHP code which runs at the actual website you connect to; on their server.  I was going to do a standard edit box thing before adding the WYSIWYG editor later but I asked myself why and had no good answer.  Do it now!  A button will create a blank comment and open the editor on it to start.

Once I have the editor in comments can be made and with some rudimentary user control which will be easy to start with since all I'll do is add Diners by hand and provide the log in control and it can be up and running.  The back end (admin side) needs work but none of that has to be very pretty right away and I can get by with the tricks I'm using behind the scenes now.  The admin side will not be neglected because that 's the dashboard to control everything but the WYSIWYG editor and user control are the top priorities since that can get the bones going.  Eventually total world domination will make the dashboard top priority. 

For fun I'll post screenshots of what the editor looks like.

Before double clicking on an editable section:

After double click on editable section:

But as I wrote earlier I have to get my learn on and get into the gory javascript details before I can pop it in.  I'm not hacking this together.  It actually is very well designed under the hood. When the editor goes in it will go in the right way.  After it all gets going like a Kunstleresque (all text but with editing) blog some ability to add pics and embeds will be added but writing will stay the focus.  The editor is similar to what we use here on the Diner but mine edits in place instead of opening a whole new page.  More of a WYSIWYG experience.  When the changes submit the edit box disappears and what you see is what you get.

I stripped the editor down to about 400 lines of total code (rough guess) or so when I originally got this test page working.  Does not seem like a lot but a lot goes on in those 400 lines.  Pressing the Red Circle submits the changes which on the test page shown goes nowhere.  Here it loads a 'submitted' page so I know that something actually happened on the web server end of things.  Selecting text and using the buttons on the tool bar changes to and from bold, italic, underline, and stuff.  Graphic files for the buttons don't count in that 400 lines and a third kind of code, CSS presentation has to be all just right for the page to work.  Only the bold underline and italic text control buttons work right now.  Color will be changed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:07:15 PM by K-Dog »

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »
White supremacist bullshit has been tolerated because Joe Six Pack has not been getting his say. The bullshit has been confused with the voice of Joe Six Pack but it is really only the voice of a small confused minority of all the Joes.

It should not be allowed any more at all. The proof why is what happened in New Zealand. It is hate, twisted hate, with no basis in fact. A fantastical fiction promulgated by men who basically donít measure up. A fiction soaked up by the sponge of a weak mind. Men who canít accomplish anything on their own who have to identify with a ícauseí however deranged their ícauseí may be.

It is all to avoid the bottomless void of knowing we are nothing except what we make of ourselves. To those who can do something in life or are willing to try, this truth does not have to be so scary. But to the inadequate and those who have wasted more life than they can face up to; it is a terror they will murder to avoid.

What easier way to run from the knowledge that you are shit than to decide other people who are different than you are shit. It is an ideology tailor made for the lazy and mediocre. Lazy because doing unto others as youíd have them do unto you and thus making something of yourself is about as hard as eating a piece of cherry pie. Mediocre because the big dog in the sky hates racists.

I'm quoting myself because I replaced some filler I had at my site with this.  The Martin Luther King stuff.  It came from a Clusterfuck Nation comment I made twenty minutes ago.  Some of you have been there so I brought the change here too since you probably won't be back there for a while.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 08:36:35 AM »
I have a page up where people can write and erase graffiti.

Everybody is too chickenshit to even say 'Fuck you K-Dog' much less 'Hello from XXX K-Dog'.

Hopefully some Diners can fix that.

http://chasingthesquirrel.com/index.php

Take the 'Project Chewtoy' link.

So Uncle Sam is third on the list.  So what?  I did not conjure him up, he is always hanging around and he won't care if you say hi.  He would be there with or without me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:44:51 AM by K-Dog »

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Web Page Newz
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
oH YEAH.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXswX7zFqvc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KXswX7zFqvc</a>

The Diner is mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:16:44 AM by K-Dog »

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »
oH YEAH.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KXswX7zFqvc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KXswX7zFqvc</a>

The Diner is mentioned.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »
Thank You !

The Math Says We're Going to Fall...This Will Not End Well
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:21:52 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard & microphone of K-Dog

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner on July 6, 2019

Discuss this Interview at the Off the Leash Newz Table inside the Diner

Greetings Diners, K-Dog here,

I had the pleasure of being invited to share a few of my thoughs of Doom by Sam Mitchell.  It is quite an honor to become a member of the kennel club that Sam Mitchel interviews.  Sam finds good people.  After you get your fix here at the Diner you might take a peek and look at who else Sam has interviewed at Collapse Chronicles.  I have and I'm glad I did.  Above is my interview.

Dr. Paul Ehrlich was Sam's first interview.

Saying it was an honor to be interviewed by Sam obviously does not say enough, Paul needs no introduction.

Best wishes, 

K-Dog

Offline UnhingedBecauseLucid

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: The Math Says We're Going to Fall...This Will Not End Well
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 01:43:35 PM »
Nice to [almost] meet you  ;)

...pulled me out of a ... ... 'lethargic episode'.

Man can do what he will, but he cannot will what he wills.
≠~ A. Schopenhauer

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
Nice to [almost] meet you  ;)

...pulled me out of a ... ... 'lethargic episode'.

???
ďThe old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.Ē

Offline UnhingedBecauseLucid

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »
???

Let's just call it 'wallowing in sin & cynicism to alleviate the boredom and despair that commonly afflicts jaded iconoclasts that feel trapped by circumstances of life every now and then'

But you probably wouldn't understand being the cheerful upstanding citizen filled with love and feelings of goodwill towards Mankind that you are  ...  ::) :exp-angel: :exp-rolleyes: ;D
Man can do what he will, but he cannot will what he wills.
≠~ A. Schopenhauer