PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey

AuthorTopic: 2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey  (Read 1486 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey
« on: December 23, 2018, 04:22:44 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on December 23, 2018

Discuss this Survey at the Surveys Table inside the Diner

2018 is coming to a close, and it's time once again to take a survey of Kollapsniks to see what their predictions are and their attitudes regarding Collapse as we move into 2019 and beyond.  These things change from year to year as Collapse progresses, just anecdotally based on my observations more people are becoming "Collpse Aware", and those who were already Collapse Aware are becoming more pessimistic.  However, without some data and numbers, it's hard to pinpoint the general attitudes and zeitgeist in the Collapse Community.  This survey is designed to get some of those numbers.

This statistical gathering expedition is considerably detailed, more so than any survey I have done before with the possible exception of the Human Extinction Survey I did a couple of years ago.  It covers a wider range of topics than that one did though, and has more Demographic Questions to try and get a better handle on the overall demographics of the Collapse Community.  One topic it does NOT cover in that deep detail (although there is some) is Economic aspects of Collapse.  This because I am working on a survey dedicated to this topic by itself, since it is my major focus as a Collapse Writer and Pundit.  I should have that survey ready to launch sometime in January of 2019.

Assuming we get enough respondents, I'll post prelminary results Sunday for the Diner Sunday Brunch article and end of year re-cap.  I'll keep the survey open though through January since we generally tend to get responses on these things trickling in for quite some time.

As usual, in all likelihood I forgot to ask some question that is burning in your mind about Collapse  or I forgot to provide a satisfatory enough answer for some question that actually IS on the survey.  I did put out the request for suggestions though Inside the Diner, but I didn't get a whole lot of help there.

All the questions on the survey are Optional, you don't have to answer a question if you don't want to but still want to fill out some of the survey.  The responses are anonymous, I'm not collecting IP addys or anything like that.  There is no financial benefit to me for this survey, or any cost to you to take it except in your time.  I estmate it will take anywhere from 20-40 minutes to fill out, depending how long you ponder on a question.

Please pass on a Link to the survey to your friends or on websites you participate on, or on your Blog if you run one.  The bigger the Sample Size we get, the more statistically significant the results become.

The Full Survey has 41 Questions and may take a while to load depending on your connection speed.  Hit the πŸ”½ Button at the bottom of the page until you finish and then hit the "2019 Collalpse Political Survey" button to submit.  You will get a confirmation page on your browser if it was successfully submitted.  You can also try accessing it directly at this LINK.

Thanks for your particpation and looking forward to seeing the responses roll in! πŸ™‚  The Survey follows below.

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:39:32 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 10:23:11 AM »
Survey already has 23 responses!  :icon_sunny:

:multiplespotting:

Shaping up quite interesting already.  Age demographics are all over the map, from 18 to 65, mostly male of course.  Religions self identified are mainly either Atheist or None.

Be sure to promote the survey on any blogs you participate on.

The direct link to the Survey is:

http://https//freeonlinesurveys.com/s/J6NdIr25

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update 2
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 02:28:15 PM »
Survey already has 23 responses!  :icon_sunny:

Now up to 56 respondents!

I also deleted the html survey embed here in the forum.  It was slowing down the page loads too much.

If you haven't taken the survey yet, you can either do it on the Blog or at the Survey site.

https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/J6NdIr25

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update 3 - TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
TRIPLE DIGITS in under a day!  :o

105 to be exact as of 8 PM Alaska Time.  I actually didn't publish the survey until aroundd 3 AM, so plenty of time to collect still more on Opening Day!  :icon_sunny:

Very interesting results so far.  I'll have some more details tomorrow after I collect a full 24 hours of responses.

For now, amongst Kollapsniks Trumpovetsky lost the 2016 election 54% to 46%.

In 2020, he has lost about 9% down to 37% and the Demodopes now down to 49% with 14% Undecided.

My favorite Stat so far is the ranking of which Blogs the Kollapsniks check out first every day  :icon_sunny: :

click the pic to enlarge
Surv Blogs 1st
Surv Blogs 1st

That is AMAZING!  The Diner is running in 1st Place!!!!  :o :o

I doubt this will hold up over the life of the survey though, we'll get swamped out by websites with larger circulations.  But it's still nice to be front running the pack for a while.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update 4 - Now @ 140
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Now at 140 Respondents.  A HUGE number of TBPers have dropped in, which is changing the political numbers by a LOT.  The Libertarians and Trumpovetsky voters have arrived in force.

Collapse Graph of the Day here is on how many people the Earth can sustainably support:

click pic to enlarge
Surv Blogs Sustainable Population 114
Surv Blogs Sustainable Population 114

I found this result to be astonishing amongst people familiar with Collapse issues.  While the Earth may be able to support 8B with FF input, once that runs out the number drops precipitously.  It's not sustainable.  Not to mention of course the water and topsoil depletion problems.

There are quite a few surprising results popping up.  I'll do a more comple wrap up of the week next Sunday when we have still more numbers.  I'm still out promoting it.  Ugo is going to cross post it on Cassandra's Legacy after Christmas.  Get out there and plug it on your favorite websites!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update 3 - TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »
TRIPLE DIGITS in under a day!  :o

105 to be exact as of 8 PM Alaska Time.  I actually didn't publish the survey until aroundd 3 AM, so plenty of time to collect still more on Opening Day!  :icon_sunny:

Very interesting results so far.  I'll have some more details tomorrow after I collect a full 24 hours of responses.

For now, amongst Kollapsniks Trumpovetsky lost the 2016 election 54% to 46%.

In 2020, he has lost about 9% down to 37% and the Demodopes now down to 49% with 14% Undecided.

My favorite Stat so far is the ranking of which Blogs the Kollapsniks check out first every day  :icon_sunny: :

click the pic to enlarge
Surv Blogs 1st
Surv Blogs 1st

That is AMAZING!  The Diner is running in 1st Place!!!!  :o :o

I doubt this will hold up over the life of the survey though, we'll get swamped out by websites with larger circulations.  But it's still nice to be front running the pack for a while.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Who still reads Orlov? What a putz. Just goes to show people are stupid.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey: Update 3 - TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 10:10:09 AM »
Who still reads Orlov? What a putz. Just goes to show people are stupid.

Fucking Dmitry wouldn't even drop a link to the survey on his blog.  If Dmitry didn't think of it, it's not any good. What an asshole.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey: Kollapsniks are Well Educated!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:05:14 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of RE

SFollow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on December 26, 2018

Discuss this article at the Survey Table inside the Diner

Survey still OPEN

Current Response Totals: 175 Respondents

Update 12/26/2018 9:00AM AST: 200 Respondents

Respond to the Collapse Survey Here

One of the things I find most interesting about doing these Surveys is finding out just what the Demographic composition of Doomers are.  I'll have a lot more information on this after the Survey closes, but for today we'll just look at the Education level of people who are Collapse Aware enough to be looking for information on various websites around the internet concerned with these topics.

Image result for millennials with cell phones The survey doesn't concern itself with the Clueless Hordes out there with no concept of what is ongoing, and it doesn't even sample everybody who has some grasp of Collapse.  It only samples people who haunt a variety of collapse oriented websites and may have seen a link for the survey.  How many people that actually is I'll try to estimate after I have all my data compiled.  However, regardless of total population here, this sample already is pretty good, although of course it could be better the more people who fill it out, so if you haven't done so yet, GET TO IT and BE COUNTED!  Survey will close after New Year's, once I get over my Hangover and can get the computer turned back on. lol

Now, while there are 175 TOTAL respondents to the survey as of now, not every respondent answers every question, and that's OK.  On the Political level, there are only questions about Amerikan Electoral Politics, specifically about the possibilities for POTUS candidates in 2020.  Some early criticisms came in that the Survey is too "Americentric", but that's not true.  Only a few of the questions concern themselves with the Political Sewer ongoing in the FSoA.  Most of the questions apply generally no matter where you live.  I couldn't possibly list all the candidates in all the countries now undergoing collapse issues, it would be ridiculously unwieldy even if I knew who they all were and I don't.  I don't live in those places, I live on the Last Great Frontier of Alaska, nominally a part of the FSoA although not connected to it by land.  Besides that, most of the readers of these English Language blogs come from English speaking countries, and most of those are from Amerika.  So I'm sorry if your country's politics are not included here, but just skip those questions and go to the Collapse Focused ones.  You can submit the survey just the same, it doesn't matter.  You just aren't counted on Amerikan Political questions is all.

One of the most interesting things so far that I can see (anybody can see it, you don't have to be a mathematical genius for this) is how well-educated Kollapsniks are relative to the the level of the typical Amerikan.  The education level of Doomers surveyed appears in the graph at the top of the page.  Now let's compare that to the general education level of the FSoA Population as Surveyed by the US Census Bureau:

Image result for educational attainment in the us

As you can see, the percentage of the FSoA that has a Bachelor's Degree or better totals up to 30%.  Now total up the percentages in those categories for Kollapsniks.  An ASTOUNDING 64% of Kollapsniks have a Bachelor's Degree or Better!  That is more than double the percentage of the average member of this society, so it should be little wonder that what Kollapsniks think doesn't match what the general population thinks in aggregate, on just about any topic at all related to collapse.  Also why you as a Kollapsnik may find it difficult to convey these ideas to friends and relatives.

What is even MOAR astounding than that once  you get into some of the responses made by this well-educated Cohort of Doomers are some of the response they generated along the way.  There are several questions I find it hard to believe what either the majority or the plurality of these folks think is true.  However, I'm going to wait on looking at and analysing the results of those questions in detail until after I close the survey.  It is a shit load of data and I only wanna have to do it once.  I'm not the blackboard wizard and numbers cruncher I was as a Yute, and I don't have so much time left Walking the Earth I wanna use it up doing a lot of detailed statistical analysis.  However, if you are a numbers cruncher with some verifiable credentials, I'll provide you all the raw data and we can collaborate on more detailed view of the numbers.  You can CONTACT me on the Doomstead Diner, and send your email to me and I will get back to you.

Sunday we will look at a few more of the questions, specifically those addressing the Energy issues faced as Industrial Civilization works its way deeper into the toilet.  The Full recap will come either the following Sunday or the week after that, depending on when I actually close it and how detailed I end up getting on my analysis. How many miles do you think knowledgeable and Collapse Aware Doomers drive their internal combustion carz every week?  How often do they fly on Airplanes each year?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Meanwhile, you still have time to get your votes in and get your voice (or keyboard strokes in this case) heard.  Click the LINK to the Survey and let us know what you think.

Merry Collapsemass and a Happy Doom Year!

Ho Ho Ho.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey: Kollapsniks are Well Educated!: Update
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
Survey now has crossed the 200 Respondent Mark! :icon_sunny:

:aola:

This is very important on the Statistical Significance level.  It gives the survey a Confidence Level of 95% with a Margin of Error +/- 7% for a population of 10,000, which I sincerely doubt the survey reached even with all the websites I promoted it on besides the Diner.

I'd like to see the MoE down to 5%, but this is still pretty good and if you are a Gambler, it's within the range to bet on.

We may clear 300 submissions by the time I close the Survey after New Year's.  Absolute GOLD MINE of Data here!  ::)  (that was for GO & AZ. lol)

RE
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:41:20 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey: Kollapsniks are Well Educated!: Update 5
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »
Survey now has crossed the 230 Respondent Mark! :icon_sunny:

We have now reached the level where the Survey is Statistically Significant for a population of 30,000 at a 95% Confidence Level with a 6% Margin of Error.  :emthup:  At this level, if you are a Gambler, BET ON IT!  I also sincerely doubt the Survey was viewed by 30,000 Homo Sap pairs of eyeballs in the 4 days it has been open, even including the larger circulation Collapse Websites of TBP and r/collapse.  I'd guesstimate more like 5000 given the amount of internet traffic these websites get along with the somewhat smaller circulation of the Diner.

In terms of actual number of Respondents, TBP and r/collapse are Battling it Out with 88 Submissions each.  Diner is running in 3rd Place here with 25 Submissions.  However, the Diner still Ranks #1 as the Website most Kollapsniks visit often.  :icon_sunny:

Surv Blogs Most Visited 230

Why is that?  ???  :icon_scratch:  The reason is the algorithm the software is using to determine the overall ranking, which adds up both the high rankings and low rankings for any given website, and TBP and r/collapse cancel each other out here.  TBP readers rank r/collapse very low, r/collapse readers rank TBP very low.  The Diner however gets extremely HIGH ranking from the Diners  :icon_sunny:, and middle level rankings from everyone else.  So it comes out as most often accessed by the general population of Kollapsniks surfing the Collapse Blogosphere.  :icon_sunny:

We have accumulated numerous more Ph.Ds, MDs DDS and JDs as well, now up to 16 there (8%), far exceeding the general population level in the FSoA at 3% if you include other Professional Degrees like CPAs to get certified.  Doctorate level, around 1.5%.

The cohort from Cassandra's Legacy has not yet weighed in with much force, only 7 submissions so far.  However, Ugo is supposed to get the survey up there before I close it after New Year's.  We'l see if he does, and then what that drags in.

Alll in all, this has been a highly successful Survey Adventure!  :icon_sunny:

RE

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:09:26 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey: Now UP on Global Economic Intersection
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 09:41:56 AM »
Hopefully this drags in still more respondents.  Now up to 252.

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201812270052

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 2019 Collapse Survey: Kollapsniks are Well Educated!: Update 5
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 02:38:32 PM »

We have now reached the level where the Survey is Statistically Significant for a population of 30,000 at a 95% Confidence Level with a 6% Margin of Error.  :emthup:  At this level, if you are a Gambler, BET ON IT!  I also sincerely doubt the Survey was viewed by 30,000 Homo Sap pairs of eyeballs in the 4 days it has been open, even including the larger circulation Collapse Websites of TBP and r/collapse.  I'd guesstimate more like 5000 given the amount of internet traffic these websites get along with the somewhat smaller circulation of the Diner.

In terms of actual number of Respondents, TBP and r/collapse are Battling it Out with 88 Submissions each.  Diner is running in 3rd Place here with 25 Submissions.  However, the Diner still Ranks #1 as the Website most Kollapsniks visit often.  :icon_sunny:

Why is that?  ???  :icon_scratch:  The reason is the algorithm the software is using to determine the overall ranking, which adds up both the high rankings and low rankings for any given website, and TBP and r/collapse cancel each other out here.  TBP readers rank r/collapse very low, r/collapse readers rank TBP very low.  The Diner however gets extremely HIGH ranking from the Diners  :icon_sunny:, and middle level rankings from everyone else.  So it comes out as most often accessed by the general population of Kollapsniks surfing the Collapse Blogosphere.  :icon_sunny:

We have accumulated numerous more Ph.Ds, MDs DDS and JDs as well, now up to 16 there (8%), far exceeding the general population level in the FSoA at 3% if you include other Professional Degrees like CPAs to get certified.  Doctorate level, around 1.5%.

The cohort from Cassandra's Legacy has not yet weighed in with much force, only 7 submissions so far.  However, Ugo is supposed to get the survey up there before I close it after New Year's.  We'l see if he does, and then what that drags in.

RE

Absolutely fantastic achievement. Go missing for a week, and look what you do!
Really well done. Results should yield plenty of grist for the writing mill.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Collapse Survey: Kollapsniks are Well Educated!: Update 5
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »

RE

Absolutely fantastic achievement. Go missing for a week, and look what you do!
Really well done. Results should yield plenty of grist for the writing mill.

Indeed.  I could write a full article for every question on the survey, no fucking problem.  Its an absolute GOLD MINE of data. lol.  I just hit another Reddit Sub to do a Plug.  I wanna hit 300 before I close it.  Now at 255 Respondents.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2019 Collapse Survey:The 300 - Go Your Own Way
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »
Some called me a FOOL.  Some called me DELUSIONAL.  Some called the Diner a "Micro-Blog" with no readership.  Some called the Survey "Wacky"  I proved them all wrong.

Survey now @ 300 Respondents!

Survey now UP on Cassandra's Legacy.

Survey now sporting 26 (10%) Doctoral Level Respondents.

Survey now with 71% Respondents with Bachelor's Degree or Better.

Sometimes, you just have to Go Your Own Way.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxa851vAJtI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qxa851vAJtI</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Collapse Political and Attitude Survey
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
When are we gonna see the results, Einstein? 

I don't think you're a fool, and I never called you one, if that was referenced to me. I only think the survey was wacky because so much of it was political and aimed at the upcoming 2020's. As if the the outcome even matters that much. I participated in the survey, and I'm interested to see what you make out of the results.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.