AuthorTopic: Vote For This Guy, At Least He Gets It  (Read 1364 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote For This Guy, At Least He Gets It
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 06:24:22 AM »
At least we agree that death from above is 100% :icon_sunny:
Although you make many valid points I still have my doubts that we make it 100 years (not you and I of course - that's why I have taken up smoking a good cigar once in a while :laugh:). Nuclear war could go a long way to destroying a good part of the O2 in the atmosphere along with phytoplankton in the ocean reducing the breathability of the atmosphere. And the ionizing radiation from the weapons and the nuke puke plants could help terminate those even in deep bunkers if the loss of O2 didn't. AND those in deep bunkers run out of power and air filters (even with small nuke powered generators) sooner or later. I'm not arguing that a few could be real lucky but I think the odds are much worse than you do. Obviously ;).
AJ

Since neither of will be alive, we can't make a bet on the outcome.  lol.

The real point here though is what exactly are you going to DO with yourself while you wait for everybody to die?  Do you give up or do you FIGHT TO SURVIVE as long as you can?  Do you hang out in the Big Shity and wait for the bombs to drop or do you head for the hills and go off-grid?  Do you Party Like It's 1999 or do you start doing the hard work of preparing for survival?  If you have the money, do you go with a Doomstead or a Seastead?  Do you train Primitive Skills for the H-G life, or do you learn Permaculture techniques?  Do you stay in the Middle Latitudes or do you move to Upper Latitudes and Elevations?

RE
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:19:14 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 08:30:39 AM »
Although you make many valid points I still have my doubts that we make it 100 years (not you and I of course - that's why I have taken up smoking a good cigar once in a while :laugh:). Nuclear war could go a long way to destroying a good part of the O2 in the atmosphere along with phytoplankton in the ocean reducing the breathability of the atmosphere. And the ionizing radiation from the weapons and the nuke puke plants could help terminate those even in deep bunkers if the loss of O2 didn't. AND those in deep bunkers run out of power and air filters (even with small nuke powered generators) sooner or later. I'm not arguing that a few could be real lucky but I think the odds are much worse than you do. Obviously ;).
AJ

The real point here though is what exactly are you going to DO with yourself while you wait for everybody to die?  Do you give up or do you FIGHT TO SURVIVE as long as you can?  Do you hang out in the Big Shity and wait for the bombs to drop or do you head for the hills and go off-grid?  Do you Party Like It's 1999 or do you start doing the hard work of preparing for survival?  If you have the money, do you go with a Doomstead or a Seastead?  Do you train Primitive Skills for the H-G life, or do you learn Permaculture techniques?  Do you stay in the Middle Latitudes or do you move to Upper Latitudes and Elevations?

RE

I'm will party like it's 1999 until such time that I have to hoof to the grand canyon...
Back pack, hunting knife, entrenching tool. Can goods & water. Good pair of walkin' boots. D.U.N. done "Ship-It"  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 08:58:15 AM »
AJ

RE

I'm will party like it's 1999 until such time that I have to hoof to the grand canyon...
Back pack, hunting knife, entrenching tool. Can goods & water. Good pair of walkin' boots. D.U.N. done "Ship-It"  :icon_mrgreen:

Trying to have the "Best of Both Worlds", IOW.

Not a strategy likely to work too well.  How many preps can you hoof to the Grand Canyon? 150 lbs maybe? Then you gotta hunt down your game there and butcher it all yourself, and how will you preserve it?  What's your shelter?  A Coleman Tent?  What's your heat source and cooking fuel through the winter?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
Supai is it's own eco-system.....

No worries amigo. I'm headed to a well stocked mini bar.

Party on Wayne, party on Garth  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CdQG9uarCGI&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CdQG9uarCGI&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »

Dollars to Doughnuts you don't make it through the first winter.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »

RE

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You'll be lucky to get your seat belt off in a car  :evil4: FIRE. Crispy Cripples  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 01:30:49 PM »

RE

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You'll be lucky to get your seat belt off in a car  :evil4: FIRE. Crispy Cripples  :icon_mrgreen:

I don't wear a seabelt.  Too difficult to open and close with a paralyzed arm.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »

[/quote]

RE
[/quote]
Logically, you FIGHT TO SURVIVE as long as you can (or that your kids (genes) survive). I'm in the hills already preparing the Doomstead to be energy and food self-sufficient (and it's damn hard work for an OLD guy). Trying permaculture, in a H-G life the younger ones would have already sent me out to be polar bear food. If I could I would move to the Upper Latitudes but too old, too much invested in this Doomstead already. Not sure elevation would help much (can't grow decent amount of food at elevation (water sparse, sometimes too cold).
AND have a CIGAR since I ain't living forever.
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »

RE
[/quote]
Logically, you FIGHT TO SURVIVE as long as you can (or that your kids (genes) survive). I'm in the hills already preparing the Doomstead to be energy and food self-sufficient (and it's damn hard work for an OLD guy). Trying permaculture, in a H-G life the younger ones would have already sent me out to be polar bear food. If I could I would move to the Upper Latitudes but too old, too much invested in this Doomstead already. Not sure elevation would help much (can't grow decent amount of food at elevation (water sparse, sometimes too cold).
AND have a CIGAR since I ain't living forever.
AJ
[/quote]

The canyon is a goldy locks zone weather wise.
Wild rice & Indian corn land. Fresh fish & small game bird.