AuthorTopic: Why I am a Diner  (Read 2018 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Why I am a Diner
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »
Monsta has informed me that the First issue of the Diner Webzine for February of 2012 is now complete, and runs around 51 pages.  I wrote an Introduction also for it, which I will publish here on the Diner on the Anniversary Date of Feb 19th.

I will also start a thread in the Kitchen Sink, "Why I am a Diner" for any Diner who wishes to contribute an essay on why you come here for your Daily Dose of Doom:icon_mrgreen:  I will compile all of them for Publication also on Feb 19th.  Lurkers encouraged to come out from behind the Refrigerator and make this their first post.

If the 50 pages is average, the full year of Diner Blogs should run around 600 pages, which we will compile as an e-book in pdf form to store in your microSD card library and Print Out on Acid Free paper and Bind with a nice Leather Cover to give to your Grandchildren for Christmas.  LOL.

Try to be around on Feb 19th for the Anniversary Party.  BYOB and Smokables.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Why I am a Diner
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »
This idea is going over like a Lead Balloon.

Only 9 Days left to the Anniversary!

Monsta will probably have March 2012 Webzine done also.

Don't miss the Party!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
 This Chef will be making bbq pork ribs, chilli beans, and chocolate cake mmm hmmm  :laugh:, Have my special apron already, if it goes really well I will also be making sweet lurv  ;) :icon_mrgreen:
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:12:12 PM »
probably with an msm reporter like savannah from NBC today coming to cover the party, you can all breathe easy LOL!
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
This idea is going over like a Lead Balloon.

Only 9 Days left to the Anniversary!

Monsta will probably have March 2012 Webzine done also.

Don't miss the Party!

RE

Maybe by the time the party gets around to a Saturday we can have a real party on a real farm?

Tuesday, I'll get drunk on the house wine, cook up a dinner from the garden preserves, smoke a flower from last summers garden.

Who's bringing the music? I'll make a playlist. Everybody encouraged to get down and boogie.   O0

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »

Who's bringing the music? I'll make a playlist. Everybody encouraged to get down and boogie.   O0

I suggest all Diners make a Playlist of Tunes to add to the DD Jukebox for musical accompanyment.  OK if they have appeared before, if enough Diners do this I will Split the thread and make a new Anniversary Concert Thread out of it.

Should we hold the Party on Sunday instead of Tuesday? Maybe we get more attendance on Sunday?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »

I suggest all Diners make a Playlist of Tunes to add to the DD Jukebox for musical accompanyment.  OK if they have appeared before, if enough Diners do this I will Split the thread and make a new Anniversary Concert Thread out of it.

Should we hold the Party on Sunday instead of Tuesday? Maybe we get more attendance on Sunday?

RE

Sunday is my sister's birthday. Won't be around. Not that this is about me. Just sayin. Tuesday is fine with me. Judging by the response to this thread, I don't expect a huge party either day. We'll see.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
Hi WHD, what do you mean by a play list, can we just post a few favorites to  the thread with the video cover appearing like we do at present?? Not very computer savvy, do you mean you just wish some links posted rather than the way we are now doing it.?

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »

Sunday is my sister's birthday. Won't be around. Not that this is about me. Just sayin. Tuesday is fine with me. Judging by the response to this thread, I don't expect a huge party either day. We'll see.

COMBINED PARTY!  The International Community of Diner Doomers will ALSO Celebrate the Birth of WHDs sister!  10s of Thousands of People will be around to Celebrate her Birth!  She has Internet, right?

I personally will write at least one Post in Honor of her Existence on the Planet!

Anyhow, the Party now goes on ALL WEEK, Sunday to Sunday!.  Stock up on Beer!

No idea what the Attendance will be overall, but I will send out an Invite to many Cross Posting Bloggers to Drop In, and attach Monsta's Feb 2012 Webzine to the email, with a Subtle Implication that if they show up on the Diner to chat they stand a better chance of making it into future Issues. :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36:26 AM »
AA well-inteentioned suggestion-- take a tip from the advertising and promotion people and use repetition, reach and frequency. Why not compose the agenda for Sunday in one place and pitch it out multiple times so that people understand. For example, I am unclear as to what is actually planned for Sunday, and I am on here every day. The nature of the forum and how people actually use it sometimes precludes following a thread in a linear fashion.

Distill the agenda, pitch the ms. every day, and make sure it's in the top 30 every day until Sunday. And we'll have a crowd.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 03:53:15 AM »
For example, I am unclear as to what is actually planned for Sunday, and I am on here every day. The nature of the forum and how people actually use it sometimes precludes following a thread in a linear fashion.

Distill the agenda, pitch the ms. every day, and make sure it's in the top 30 every day until Sunday. And we'll have a crowd.

You just don't follow what I am doing well enough.  Surprising to an extent since you are in the Bizness.

TRAIN development.

If you can't figure it, PM me.  I will explain.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN