AuthorTopic: A History of Shaving  (Read 22512 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
A History of Shaving: RE GOES ELECTRIC!
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
JoeP won me over.

LOL.  Not really, here's the story.

Lately since not working and having difficulty dressing and undressing, I am not taking my former regular Daily Morning Shower.  I shower about twice a week now, sometimes only once a week.

When I don't shower, I also don't shave.  The showering process getting drenched with water helps soften up the stubble and makes shaving quick and EZ with a Safety Razor of just about any type.  I used to shave every day as part of the morning regimen when I was working.  Now that I am not, I simply don't bother until I smell too bad to MYSELF where I go through the tedious process of undressing, showering, shaving, redressing etc.

So, after day 2 or day 3, I got this nice stubble going which makes me look even more decrepit than I actually am.  A shave each morning without having to do the whole shower thing would be nice to keep me looking a little more Presentable.

I took one of my rare trips to Fred Myer today in the Car, and cruising down the Shaving Supplies Aisle, I spy a SALE!  The Norelco Click & Style Shaver/Hair Clipper system is marked down from $70 to $60, PLUS there is a Store Coupon for another $20 off, bringing the price down to $40!  A MUST BUY!

I haven't actually used it yet.  I'm going to do a Shower and regular shave tomorrow, right now my whisker growth is too long and will just clog up the razor wheels.  So earliest I use it for shaving is 2 days away.

I may do some Hair Trimming with it tomorrow though, since I haven't had a haircut in several months either.

I will report on how well it works on all ends after I have run some tests on it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: A History of Shaving: The Ultimate SHTF Shaving Option
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🔪 A History of Shaving: How to Shave with a Straight Razor
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2018, 02:20:04 PM »
Here's a Primer on how to Shave with your new Damascus Steel Straight Razor.  :icon_sunny:

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDR_1hg-xNs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qDR_1hg-xNs</a>
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:22:04 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can