AuthorTopic: How business as usual has been pursued since 2006 by escalating fraud and environmental vandalism  (Read 653 times)

Offline cernunnos5

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
As of now, this is just a "what if" scenario, and old as I am, the only reason I'd even move at all  is to set up a place for my kids. I do like the idea of having some ag land, and I like timber property too, although timber management doesn't flow in my veins like farming. Good ag land (if there is any) will be way more valuable that gold, in their lifetimes, I believe.

On BC , I was ready to move to the central coast after I investigated Ocean Falls and Bella Coola, but it would be a hard sell to my other half. Vancouver Island would be easier. I know it probably isn't a good survival location...but I'm not going anywhere without my partner.

I suppose I should also mention that I have lived in Victoria, Michosen, East Sook, Cortez Island and Quadra Island....and The Sunshine Coast but that is not connected to the big island

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
It's that triangle of needs. You want remoteness utility and available services. It's hard to balance all that.i looked north and east of bancroft and directly south. Lots of run down farms even some mennonites. If I was not entrenched into the haliburton circle it's where I would look. Better schools and health services this way I think. The cumbermere area comes to mind. As to oceans... nope but the all the way around superior are good targets. I've never spent any time there just driving through.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Thanks again guys. If this turns into more than speculation, I will do some boots-on-the-ground and hopefully meet you both in person, if that's something you're comfortable with. In any case, I sure appreciate you sharing your personal knowledge.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
IF Unless you set up your own off-grid, self sufficient (as much as possible) community homestead in a climate resilient location right now, you will find yourself destitute in the near future. If you don't, you'll find yourself dead.
Fixed that for you....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....