AuthorTopic: Jeff Bezos Is Getting a Divorce  (Read 187 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Jeff Bezos Is Getting a Divorce
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:48:57 AM »
I'm sure the public announcement of JB's divorce is just the final chapter in a bad marriage, even though it lasted 25 years.

Nobody can work like Bezos and maintain a normal relationship. But he seems like a down-to-earth guy, and I feel for him. I wonder if he wanted the divorce, or if his wife finally got tired of playing second fiddle to the world's most successful business. I have no idea, really, but I suspect the latter.

My marriage turns 40 in 2021...I expect to live to see it , and celebrate it with my partner. To me, very few things are more important to me than my relationship. That was not always so....but now, in my very, very ,very late middle age, the most important thing to me is not whether  the world goes on or ends...or whether I live or die...but whether I get to go through whatever is coming with my beloved.

I have been thinking about my father, and how incredibly fearless he was with regards to so many things....horses, heights, venomous reptiles, deadly machines. The only thing I ever knew him to fear was the fear I know he felt as he looked straight at his own impending death.

And no, he didn't even fear that...but he feared what would become of my mother once he was no longer there to take care of her.

He even brought it up to me, which surprised me. He was a man of very few words, although he didn't lack intelligence. I tried to reassure him that all three of his sons would always be there for her. I thought we were talking about something in the future. I was a little clueless. I didn't realize it, but he knew his time was very short.

So...I don't give much thought to how much JB's wife will get in alimony or stock or cash...or whether Jeff will now be free to date starlets (I doubt it somehow).

I just can't help but think about what's really important...and whether some of the trade-offs we make in this life are worth it. Amazon will probably consume most of Bezos' thoughts for the rest of his natural life....and his ex will do fine. No harm, no foul.

Right?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:25:25 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.