Poll

Would you consider in participating in this type of farm?

Yes
10 (90.9%)
No
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 15, 2013, 06:04:46 PM

AuthorTopic: Community Owned Doomstead  (Read 59813 times)

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: Community Owned Doomstead
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2014, 05:12:29 AM »
Well, Rick & Anna know about the Doomstead Diner, so hopefully they will contact us directly here.  They sound like an ideal fit for SUN  :icon_sunny:
More that know about it, I think they've already been here.... I wonder if one of them is bkpr.  My first thought was illdill but I doubt it from the quoted ages and their picture.  I was hoping that my posting this ad would bring them out if they are lurking.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 28, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »
Well, Rick & Anna know about the Doomstead Diner, so hopefully they will contact us directly here.  They sound like an ideal fit for SUN  :icon_sunny:
More that know about it, I think they've already been here.... I wonder if one of them is bkpr.  My first thought was illdill but I doubt it from the quoted ages and their picture.  I was hoping that my posting this ad would bring them out if they are lurking.

I believe bkpr is a seasteader (but must keep bees somewhere) and illdill was doing urban self sufficient so would not have room for more people. I think 10k is a reasonable ask to show youre serious about staying and establish the extra structures like the greenhouses they mentioned.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »
Reant, I could easily delve into a non-stop Lebowski quoting marathon up until the entire script has been written down here in this thread.  However, I won't do that...some new information should come to light here to help you understand fully what I mean.  Ahem...here I go...a quick Lebowski fueled anecdote for your Lebowski fan pleasure:

When I was on that carrier bombing Assghanistan, whenever I got some free time, which wasn't often (usually a couple hours on Sunday since it wasn't a work day...although we still had to stand 5 hour watches so...) I would watch the BL on my laptop in my rack.  He became my idol.  I just wanted to be the dude.  For 115 days at sea I watched that movie (along with half baked, Mall Rats, and American Beauty) and dreamed of the day I could be in my SoCal bungalow smoking herb.  He was my idol. 

Fast forward from 2001 to 2007 when some brits decided to do a documentary on the new phenomenon of Dudeism.  http://dudeism.com/  Since I'm an ordained Dudeist Priest I got the email informing all us Duderinos about the what have you and did we want to get involved.  I emailed the dudes, a couple of weeks later they arrived in Charlotte from England.  Since we only lived 25 miles from the airport I was their first stop.  I was in the documentary pilot "The Odyssey of the Dude" as the first Dudeist Priest interviewed "Reverend McCarty" was what the caption said. 

We drank white Russians to keep our minds limber while the film rolled. 

The Dude Abides  (and if you make it to the Foxstead maybe you'll be able to keep up with my Lebowski Turrets.)   :D