AuthorTopic: Got about 10 inches of snow here  (Read 259 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Got about 10 inches of snow here
« on: January 12, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »
We thought about shoveling our 50yd driveway that is 10 degrees uphill. Then I decided to use the tractor and blade.  So I take off the utility box, and go to put on the plow. I could barely find it. Brushed the snow of it and tried to lift from the front. It was frozen in the ground, but I finally freed it. Then one of the brackets on the plow was bent inwards. Hammered that out. Put the back of the plow on a paint bucket, backed in the tractor. It was a hassle getting the bar that raises and lowers the plow pin to fit through but in 10 minutes had it on. I worked the driveway about 2 hours and got the driveway in  pretty good shape. I am 66 and shoveling that much snow would have worn me out for two or three days.  we call the tractor "Ten Thousand Coolies"! :)
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline Surly1

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Got about 10 inches of snow here
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:56 PM »
We thought about shoveling our 50yd driveway that is 10 degrees uphill. Then I decided to use the tractor and blade.  So I take off the utility box, and go to put on the plow. I could barely find it. Brushed the snow of it and tried to lift from the front. It was frozen in the ground, but I finally freed it. Then one of the brackets on the plow was bent inwards. Hammered that out. Put the back of the plow on a paint bucket, backed in the tractor. It was a hassle getting the bar that raises and lowers the plow pin to fit through but in 10 minutes had it on. I worked the driveway about 2 hours and got the driveway in  pretty good shape. I am 66 and shoveling that much snow would have worn me out for two or three days.  we call the tractor "Ten Thousand Coolies"! :)

Before Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Shovel Driveway
After Enlightenment: Chop Wood, Shovel Driveway

;D
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Got about 10 inches of snow here
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:27:48 PM »
we call the tractor "Ten Thousand Coolies"! :)

That's why Hepp (Jason Heppenstall) called his Blog "22 Billion Energy Slaves".

RE
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:07:58 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN