AuthorTopic: SHROOOMS !  (Read 2582 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
SHROOOMS !
« on: January 12, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »

Denver could become first US city to decriminalize magic mushrooms
Would treat possession as low priority

https://www.krdo.com/health/denver-could-become-first-us-city-to-decriminalize-magic-mushrooms/971801166
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: SHROOOMS ! update.....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »

For the First Time, US City Will Vote on Decriminalizing Psychedelic Mushrooms

Activists have finally collected enough signatures and for the first time, residents will have the change to vote on decriminalizing magic mushrooms.
ByMatt Agorist

February 4, 2019
Nearly seven years ago, Colorado citizens—tired of the war on drugs and wise to the near-limitless benefits of cannabis—made US history by voting to legalize recreational marijuana. Now, this state could once again place themselves on the right side of history as they will vote in May to decriminalize magic mushrooms.

As TFTP reported last year, paving the way for legalization is a group called Denver for Psilocybin and their work has paid off. A similar group, Decriminalize Denver collected over 9,000 signatures to get the measure on the ballot which forced legislators into adding it.

“Nationally, Denver and the state of Colorado have represented the first movers in a revised understanding of the potential benefits of naturally-occurring psychoactive medicines,” the group said on its website.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/magic-mushrooms-vote-decriminalizing/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »

Activists have finally collected enough signatures and for the first time, residents will have the change to vote on decriminalizing magic mushrooms.
ByMatt Agorist

February 4, 2019
Nearly seven years ago, Colorado citizens—tired of the war on drugs and wise to the near-limitless benefits of cannabis—made US history by voting to legalize recreational marijuana. Now, this state could once again place themselves on the right side of history as they will vote in May to decriminalize magic mushrooms.

As TFTP reported last year, paving the way for legalization is a group called Denver for Psilocybin and their work has paid off. A similar group, Decriminalize Denver collected over 9,000 signatures to get the measure on the ballot which forced legislators into adding it.

“Nationally, Denver and the state of Colorado have represented the first movers in a revised understanding of the potential benefits of naturally-occurring psychoactive medicines,” the group said on its website.

I'm a proponent of legalizing all drugs, because I think people need to learn to be responsible for their own behavior, and that making drugs illegal just encourages crime, some of which is BIG BUSINESS (i.e. cartels).

But psylocibin and mescaline both are sacred plant drugs with zero risk of addiction and in my view anyway, real benefits, if used under the proper supervision and in moderation.

So I hope Colorado can lead the way again. That'd be great.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 03:43:56 AM »

ByMatt Agorist

February 4, 2019

I'm a proponent of legalizing all drugs, because I think people need to learn to be responsible for their own behavior, and that making drugs illegal just encourages crime, some of which is BIG BUSINESS (i.e. cartels).

But psylocibin and mescaline both are sacred plant drugs with zero risk of addiction and in my view anyway, real benefits, if used under the proper supervision and in moderation.

It's all legal in Amsterdam & their economy seems to thrive.

Let em' all eat cake !!!!  :icon_sunny:

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 05:36:15 AM »

ByMatt Agorist

February 4, 2019

It's all legal in Amsterdam & their economy seems to thrive.

Let em' all eat cake !!!!  :icon_sunny:

Depends on what's in that cake, pardner....LOL. These days it pays to ask before consuming.

I did a little micro-dosing at the beach last summer. First time for mushrooms for me in perhaps  40 years or more. It was a benign but pleasant experience.

When I was a senior in high school, we briefly lived on a large ranch where they grew in profusion. That was before they started using herbicides to keep them from  growing in cow patties. We overdid it and I never thought I'd want to ever again.

(Picture, in your mind if you can, a dozen boys and young men, drunk and seriously tripping at the same time, sitting immobilized as their huge bonfire burns completely out, and Wille Nelson's Phases and Stages plays over and over on an 8-track in somebody's car, for hours and hours.

Our version of the Last Picture Show. Texas, 20 years later, circa 1973.

I still know all the words.

"It's a Bloody Mary  Mornin', 

Baby left me without warnin'

Sometime in the night.

Now I'm flyin' down to Houston

And forgetting her

The reason for my flight"

In college, we used to be able to get peyote buttons sometimes....also benign and pleasant.

Amsterdam sounds cool. I know several people who have visited , but I have not.

It's NOT  "all legal " there, but they do turn a blind eye. Europeans, and the Dutch in particular, are more sensible than Americans. They exported Puritanism here and it died out there. Lucky them.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:40:17 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: SHROOOMS !
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 06:05:24 AM »

Scientists Found an Edible Mushroom That Eats Plastic, and It Could Clean Our Landfills

APRIL 3, 2019

By Elias Marat

Whether we like it or not, our society has become completely reliant on plastic. From food preservation to water transportation, computer technology to healthcare and medicine, plastic can be found in nearly every facet of the human experience.

But as we well know, plastic is a double-edged sword, with massive amounts of plastic waste not only piling up in landfills, but floating in the most remote depths of our oceans and water supplies. And despite our knowledge of plastic’s harmful effects on the environment, we’ve become so reliant on plastic that there seems to be no end in sight. In fact, plastic production is growing on a yearly basis–and posing a potentially mortal threat to us all.

However, a newly-discovered type of mushroom could not only play a crucial role in slashing plastic pollution, but could have myriad other uses in addressing the environmental crises the planet faces.

Discovered in 2012 by Yale University students, Pestalotiopsis microspora is a rare species of mushroom from the Amazon rainforest that’s capable of subsisting on a diet of pure plastic, or more accurately, the main ingredient in plastic–polyurethane–before converting the human-made ingredient into purely organic matter.

And not only can Pestalotiopsis microspora live off of our plastic waste, it can also live without oxygen–meaning that the rare breed of mushroom would make an ideal agent for landfill clean-up, literally from the bottom-up.

While the idea sounds fantastic, some scientists have expressed hope that the plastic-consuming fungi can form the basis of the community waste treatment centers of the future–replacing our current practice of dumping our trash into centralized, massive landfills with small, mushroom-centered community composting centers or even home recycling kits, according to Epoch Times.

And as it turns out, Pestalotiopsis microspora isn’t alone in the world of plastic-eating mushrooms–and some of its plastic-consuming kin are event perfectly safe for us humans to consume.

In a study led by Katharina Unger for Utrecht University in the Netherlands, oyster mushrooms and other types of mushrooms were placed in agar cups with plastic waste and held in a climate-controlled dome-shaped environment. After about a month, the roots of the mushroom consumed and transformed the plastic into an edible biomass–or food–that was completely free of any toxicity from the polyurethane.

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/04/scientists-found-an-edible-mushroom-that-eats-plastic-and-it-could-clean-our-landfills.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »

Psilocybin and Magic Mushrooms: Next Health & Legalization Trend After Cannabis?

By Makia Freeman

Psilocybin, the substance found in 200+ species of magic mushrooms, may be the next health and legalization trend after cannabis. Magic mushrooms have been used in many cultures all over the world for therapeutic and spiritual purposes. Many scientific studies and clinical trials have found positive evidence of their benefits to the human body, especially in the area of mental health. With the state of Oregon and the city of Denver (Colorado) about to vote on legalizing magic mushrooms later this year, will psilocybin become the next trend after cannabis?
Current Legal Status of Psilocybin in the USA

Like cannabis (marijuana), MDMA (Ecstasy or Molly), peyote and heroin, psilocybin is classified as a Schedule I drug. The definition of this category is substances with no medical use and the high potential for abuse. Possession of psilocybin mushrooms is a felony. Given the incredible benefits which magic mushrooms containing psilocybin offer mankind, this kind of classification is clearly ignorant, heavy-handed and contradictory. How can such benign substances as magic mushrooms be on the same level as the highly addictive, artificially manufactured and deadly heroin?
What the Science Says About Psilocybin

It turns out magic mushrooms are already being closely studied all over the world by many different scientists. So far, the science shows psilocybin bestows many health benefits. In a nutshell, scientific studies including pre-clinical and clinical trials show that psilocybin helps beat depression, anxiety, addiction and even cancer. On a higher level, it helps increase joy, peace and altruism. However, looking closely at the results provides even more insight.
Psilocybin for Autism, Asperger’s, ASD, Depression, Anxiety and PTSD

Autism rates are skyrocketing across the US, with many suspecting vaccines (thimerosal/mercury) and GMOs (glyphosate) as possible causes. Whatever the cause, it’s a serious neurological disorder. Asperger’s used to be considered its own disorder but was recently reorganized to come under the ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and is now considered a mild form of autism. Asperger’s is characterized by a rigidity of thought and routine, and by a lack of empathy and social/emotional awareness. Interestingly enough, this is exactly what psilocybin can heal according to a recent January 2019 study, which found that psilocybin increased flexibility, creativity and empathy. Here’s what the author of the study Natasha Mason said:

“Examples of processes that have been found to be decreased in these pathologies include creative, flexible thinking and empathy. Specifically, individuals are characterized by repetitive and rigid patterns of negative and compulsive thoughts, as well as reduced empathic abilities. Thus we wanted to assess whether psilocybin enhanced these processes, and if so, how long effects lasted …We found that psilocybin, when taken in a naturalistic setting, increased aspects of creativity and empathy the morning after, and 7 days after use. Furthermore, psilocybin also enhanced subjective well-being. Interestingly, changes in well-being correlated with changes in empathy after psilocybin use.”

This also has implications for other mental disorders such as depression, anxiety and PTSD, as the study notes in its Introduction:

“Both creative, flexible thinking and empathy deficits have been found in stress-related psychopathologies like depression, anxiety disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder.”

Breaking Down the Ego and “Default Mode Network”

If you want to learn more about psilocybin and what science is beginning to show about its benefits and effects, check out the work of Michael Pollan, author of How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression and Transcendence. He discusses how psychedelics, contrary to a common misconception, actually make you more sane than crazy. This is because substances like psilocybin decrease the activity of a brain network called the default mode network, which is in charge of perception of self. Psilocybin halts the functioning of this network, thus allowing a space for new neural connections – a re-wiring of the brain.
Psilocybin: Naturally in Sync with Our Biology

Another person to check out is Dr. Roland Griffiths, Professor in the Departments of Psychiatry and Neurosciences at Johns Hopkins University. He has some online videos such as this one where he shows that psilocybin helps people release fear, old patterns and negative beliefs. On a higher level, it helps increase joy, peace and altruism. Studies have also found that it can engender mystical-type experiences in people which are identical to those that occur naturally, suggesting psilocybin is naturally in sync with our biology.
Further Evidence of Psilocybin’s Potential as a Healing Agent

Lastly, take a look at the studies reported here and here on Waking Times. The latter showed that psilocybin strongly helped patients with depression:

“Amazingly, after the participants were given two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg), with the second dose a week after the first – their brains showed pronounced, decreased blood flow to the areas of the brain implicated in depression. Researchers also found increased stability on parts of the brain related to depression – and these effects lasted up to five weeks.

The team described the immediate results of patients’ symptoms disappearing after the initial trip as an “afterglow” and a “disintegration” – with the compound also reintegrating brain networks afterward. The afterglow included marked improvements in mood and stress relief. Patients used a lot of computer metaphors to describe how their brains felt afterward – defragged, rebooted, and reset.”

Final Thoughts: Psilocybin is a Gift of Nature which will Hopefully Soon be Widely Legalized

Psilocybin has a long history of use across the world, especially among South American tribes (like the Aztecs, whose word for it was teonanacatl, which translates to “divine mushroom”). There are several prehistoric rock art drawings depicting psilocybin mushrooms, such as the one in Spain, near Villar del Humo, approximately 6,000 years old, another in Tassili n’Ajjer (a national park in the Sahara Desert, Algeria) which is around 7,000-9,000 years old, and the one pictured above from Guatemala. My prediction and hope is that it will become the next health and legalization trend after cannabis, which, for the USA, also started in Denver, Colorado. We shall see.

Want insight, commentary and analysis on Conspiracy, Geopolitics, Natural Health, Sovereignty, Consciousness and more? Sign up for free blog updates!

Makia Freeman is the editor of alternative media / independent news site The Freedom Articles and senior researcher at ToolsForFreedom.com, writing on many aspects of truth and freedom, from exposing aspects of the worldwide conspiracy to suggesting solutions for how humanity can create a new system of peace and abundance. Makia is on Steemit and FB.

Sources:

*https://psi-2020.org/

*https://ballotpedia.org/Denver,Colorado,_Psilocybin_Mushroom_Initiative(May_2019)

*https://www.psypost.org/2019/03/a-single-dose-of-psilocybin-enhances-creative-thinking-and-empathy-up-to-seven-days-after-use-study-finds-53283

*https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2019.1580804

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bu3q3GMHfE

*https://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/11/01/psilocybin-and-the-ego-centric-brain/

*https://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/10/16/psilocybin-appears-reset-brain-activity-depressed-patients-stunning-results/

http://freedom-articles.toolsforfreedom.com/psilocybin-mushrooms-health-legalization-trend/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:04 AM »
Finally, in a sign the new age is becoming interesting, we note that China is getting ready to sell magic mushrooms:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/wuhan-enters-mushroom-psychedelic-medicine-market-1028090074?utm_source=reddit.com

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »

As Denver Decriminalizes Mushrooms, Major City Moves to Decriminalize Ayahuasca, Ibogaine Too

After Denver paved the way by decriminalizing mushrooms, a major city in California is moving on other psychedelics like ayahuasca, ibogaine, and mescaline cacti.
By Matt Agorist

May 21, 2019

Nearly seven years ago, Colorado citizens—tired of the war on drugs and wise to the near-limitless benefits of cannabis—made US history by voting to legalize recreational marijuana. Now, this state has once again placed themselves on the right side of history as they voted this month to decriminalize magic mushrooms. But this was just the beginning and their momentum is spreading—faster and stronger, toward decriminalizing all plant-based psychedelics.

Now, a major city in California is following suit, but not just with psilocybin—Oakland is calling for decriminalization of other psychedelics like mescaline cacti, ayahuasca and ibogaine.

To be clear, the recent measure does not mean that mushrooms are now legal in Denver, it simply means that cops can’t make it a priority to go after folks for them and it won’t land people in jail for possession. While legalization would be the perfect result, this is most certainly a step in the right direction and this step appears to be a giant leap now that California is doing the same.

As Forbes reports:

THE RESOLUTION, WHICH WOULD SEEK TO BAR POLICE AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS FROM USING “ANY CITY FUNDS OR RESOURCES TO ASSIST IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF LAWS IMPOSING CRIMINAL PENALTIES FOR THE USE AND POSSESSION” OF THE PLANT- AND FUNGI-BASED SUBSTANCES, HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR A HEARING BEFORE THE OAKLAND CITY COUNCIL’S PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE ON MAY 28.

IF APPROVED THERE, IT WOULD HEAD TO THE FULL COUNCIL FOR A FINAL VOTE.

Like the Denver resolution, the Oakland resolution would make possession of these psychedelics “amongst the lowest law enforcement priority” for the city under the measure, according to Forbes, which also specifies that the Council “wishes to declare its desire not to expend City resources in any investigation, detention, arrest, or prosecution arising out of alleged violations of state and federal law regarding the use of Entheogenic Plants.”

“We already have support from at least five members of the Council, but our goal is to get eight out of eight to show unanimous support, because this affects all communities in Oakland,” Carlos Plazola, an organizer with the group Decriminalize Nature, which worked to help draft the measure, said in an interview.

As TFTP has reported in the past, psilocybin-containing mushrooms are an enemy to the establishment who has every reason in the world to want to keep them as illegal as possible. The same goes for ayahuasca and other powerful mind-opening substances.

The United States Supreme Court has unanimously ruled in favor of the legal religious use of ayahuasca by the União do Vegetal, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has affirmed the Santo Daime Church’s freedom to use Ayahuasca for religious purposes. However, ayahuasca’s principally active ingredient, DMT, remains a Schedule I controlled substance, carrying a steep prison sentence.

Many people have been forced to travel outside of the country to meet with Shamans in the Amazon who are skilled and knowledgeable about the substance.

One industry in particular, Big Pharma, stands to lose billions if measures like this one began to spread to other areas as mushrooms and other hallucinogens have been clinically tested to treat a wide range of problems, including depression.

One in ten men in the US currently takes an antidepressant while 16.5 percent of women use them as well. If people can treat their depression with something that you can grow in your own home or a plant medicine from a shaman verses taking pills with side effects like homicidal ideation, the pharmaceutical industry would lose big time.

Indeed, there are mounds of evidence and studies showing the positive benefits of magic mushrooms, ayahuasca, and ibogaine.

As TFTP reported last year, a study, published in the scientific journal Neuropharmacology, found that clinically depressed people had increased neural responses to fearful faces one day after a psilocybin-assisted therapy session, which positively predicted positive clinical outcomes.

“Psilocybin-assisted therapy might mitigate depression by increasing emotional connection,” neuroscientist and study author Leor Roseman, a Ph.D. student at Imperial College London, explained to PsyPost.

This is almost the exact opposite of how standard anti-depressants operate, as SSRI’s typically work by creating an “emotional blunting.”

“[T]his is unlike SSRI antidepressants which are criticized for creating in many people a general emotional blunting,” noted Roseman.

“I believe that psychedelics hold a potential to cure deep psychological wounds, and I believe that by investigating their neuropsychopharmacological mechanism, we can learn to understand this potential,” explained Roseman.

The government also stands to lose if more measures like this take hold in other cities too.

As TFTP previously reported, mushrooms and psychedelics used to be widely accepted as a treatment for many ailments until government moved in to stop the expansion of human consciousness.

As MAPS points out, although first-hand accounts indicate that ibogaine is unlikely to be popular as a recreational drug, ibogaine remains classified as a Schedule I drug in the United States (it is also scheduled in Belgium and Switzerland). Yet despite its classification as a drug with a “high potential for abuse” and “no currently accepted medical use,” people who struggle with substance abuse continue to seek out international clinics or underground providers to receive ibogaine treatment.

In the 1940s, western medicine began realizing the potential for psychedelics to treat addiction and psychiatric disorders. Tens of thousands of people were treated effectively, and psychedelic drugs were on the fast track to becoming mainstream medicine. But the beast of oppression reared its ugly head.

In 1967 and 1970, the UK and US governments cast all psychedelic substances into the pit of prohibition. People were waking up to the fact that governments intended to keep the world in a state of war, and that governments were working to keep the populace sedated under a cloak of consumerism. The collective mind expansion of that era came to a screeching halt under the boot and truncheon.

As John Vibes pointed out last January, a study actually confirmed the fear of authoritarians and showed they have every reason to oppose legal mushrooms. According to the study from the Psychedelic Research Group at Imperial College London, published in the journal Psychopharmacology, psychedelic mushrooms tend to make people more resistant to authority. They also found the psychedelic experience induced by these mushrooms also cause people to be more connected with nature.

“Our findings tentatively raise the possibility that given in this way, psilocybin may produce sustained changes in outlook and political perspective, here in the direction of increased nature relatedness and decreased authoritarianism,” researchers Taylor Lyons and Robin L. Carhart-Harris write in the study.

Now, as people share information globally, instantaneously, on a scale unstoppable by the state, we are resuming the advancement of medical research on psychedelic substances. Scientists are challenging the irrational classification of psychedelics as “class A” (UK) or “schedule 1” (US) substances, characterized as having no medical use and high potential for addiction. And, the recent push in Colorado is evidence of this.

While the stigma associated with mushrooms and other psychedelics has been perpetuated by those who wish to keep them illegal—to keep society in a constant state of obedient mediocrity—in reality, they are extremely safe.

In fact, a major study last year declared magic mushrooms to be the safest recreational drug.

Of an astonishing 120,000 participants from 50 nations, researchers for the Global Drug Survey found the percentage of those seeking emergency treatment for ingesting psilocybin-containing hallucinogenic mushrooms to comprise just 0.2 percent per 10,000 individuals.

Rates of hospitalization for MDMA, alcohol, LSD, and cocaine were an astounding five times higher.

“Magic mushrooms are one of the safest drugs in the world,” Global Drug Survey founder and consultant addiction psychiatrist, Adam Winstock, told the Guardian, noting the biggest risk users face is misidentification — ingesting the wrong mushroom — not from the psychedelic fungus, itself.

After 40 years, it appears that another brick in the wall of prohibition is beginning to crumble in the face of science and logic. There may be hope for humanity after all.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/psychedelics-decriminalize-oakland-mushrooms/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: SHROOOMS ! "zombified"
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

GROWING UP IN RURAL TIBET in the early 2000s, Nlang Mao Tso spent her childhood summers trudging along mountainsides, searching the ground with a tiny pickaxe in hand. When she found treasure—caterpillar fungus—she placed it in an instant noodle cup.

Caterpillar fungus, also called cordyceps or even the “zombie mushroom,” is unusual in that it propagates itself by infecting one specific insect: the ghost moth caterpillar. Upon entering its gut, the mushroom slowly kills the caterpillar, then “mummifies” its body, until there is nothing left a but a long, tube-like mushroom. Finally, a stalk bursts out of the caterpillar’s head, ready to infect any other caterpillars in the vicinity, like something out of the Alien movies.

After a day crawling along the mountainside, raking the ground, Nlang Mao Tso could usually expect to bring home at least a few caterpillar mushrooms. It was hard work. But Nlang Mao Tso, who is now a student at Tibet University, has fond memories of a childhood spent collecting. It was a community activity—her whole village would head to the mountain, singing Chinese pop songs and playing pranks on one another as they worked.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/zombie-mushrooms

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:22:52 AM »

Californians could have an opportunity as soon as next year to make their state the first in the nation to decriminalize psilocybin—a.k.a. psychedelic mushrooms.

Monterrey-area medical marijuana advocate Kevin Saunders and his fiancée, Kitty Merchant, filed a ballot initiative with the state attorney general this past August that would would exempt adults 21 and over from criminal penalties for possession, sale, transport, and cultivation of psilocybin. The campaign still has a long way to go—once (or if) the AG approves the language, organizers must collect 365,880 signatures for the measure to appear on the ballot, and then a majority of voters statewide would have to approve it, but the pair insist they‘re off to a running start.

VICE spoke to Saunders, who is also running for mayor of Marina next year, about the psilocybin proposal. The self-described “ex-junkie semi-intellectual ne’er-do-well” who believes mushrooms “could possibly be alien communication” may not have much of a chance. But, as he says, “these are not normal times.” This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

VICE: Off the bat, tell us about the big picture: Why you do think psilocybin should be legal for residents of California?
Kevin Saunders: This is the intersection where science, humanity, and social justice all combine. There’s nothing more important, and this has a chance to be something that could save people’s lives in a profound and real way.

I think psilocybin allows the user to rise above their ego and to transmute some of the feelings that they are receiving from a more powerful source than what is on this Earth. It puts their antenna in a position to receive that communication, and at this particular time, with the president we have, the feelings inherent to all the human beings, whatever part of the Earth you’re from, whatever gender or race, it’s just a reconnection to the planet. To each other. It would be transformative in such a way I don’t even think a person can put into words.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/evyvbj/the-dramatic-story-of-how-denver-decriminalised-mushrooms

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:05 AM »

The Latest on Oakland voting to decriminalize magic mushrooms (all times local):

11:20 p.m.

Oakland has become the second U.S. city to decriminalize magic mushrooms after speakers testified that psychedelics had helped them overcome depression, drug addiction and post-traumatic stress disorder.

The City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to decriminalize the adult use and possession of magic mushrooms and other entheogenic, or psychoactive, plants and fungi. Denver voters in May approved a similar measure for people 21 and older.

Councilmember Noel Gallo, who introduced the resolution, said decriminalizing such plants would enable Oakland police to focus on serious crime.

https://www.apnews.com/ff023dfbf4534eba8622f504d272ff00

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »

Oakland Just Decriminalized Magic Mushrooms, Ayahuasca, Peyote, and Iboga

https://themindunleashed.com/2019/06/oakland-decriminalized-magic-mushrooms-ayahuasca-peyote-iboga.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 06:19:45 PM »

Agarikon Mushroom Benefits: Strongest Anti-Viral, Tuberculosis Treatment and Protection From Archons?

05/04/2019 BY MICHAEL WRIGHT

by Michael Wright,

With medicinal mushrooms continuing to trend within the nutraceutical and wellness industries around the world, we’ll look at the mysterious Agarikon mushroom and the benefits it exudes. We’ll also discuss how it has been shown to be among the strongest anti-virals known, how ancient Greeks used it as a Tuberculosis treatment and how Indigenous tribes and shamans used the mushroom as protection from archons and why it is believed to be a protector of women’s sexuality.

The popular medicinal mushrooms like Reishi, Chaga, Lion’s Mane and Turkey Tail seem to be in the spotlight these days, but perhaps the most important and most fascinating of all the mushrooms is the Agarikon mushroom.

The Greek physician Dioscorides described the Agarikon mushroom as “elixirium ad longam vitam” (“the elixir of long life”) in 65 A.D. in Materia Medica. In ancient Greece, Agarikon was suggested as a treatment for respiratory illnesses, coughing, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, night sweats, and consumption, which was later termed tuberculosis.

Famed mycologist Paul Stamets has worked with the Institute of Tuberculosis Research at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the Institute identified two novel coumarins unique to Agarikon that showed anti-tubercular activity. They also found that Agarikon was “extraordinarily active against XDR-TB, a rare type of tuberculosis that is resistant to even the most effective drug treatments.”

Even more impressive, Paul Stamets’ Agarikon samples were studied by the BioShield BioDefense program via the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, and a few of the eleven strains showed “exceptionally strong activity against viruses including pox (cowpox), swine (H1N1) and bird (H5N1) flu, and herpes (HSV1, HSV2) viruses. In several sets of tests, dilutions of our natural ethanol extracts against flu viruses exceeded the potency of the positive drug control — ribavirin — against flu viruses by a factor of 10 or more.”

Of more than 200,000 samples submitted to the program, Host Defense’s Agarikon showed the most anti-viral activity of all the natural products submitted, and were the only ones to demonstrate such strong activity. It also was shown to be highly effective in breaking down neurotoxin VX, which is an illegal chemical weapon.

Paul Stamets also promotes Agarikon as a possible counter to the growing antibiotic resistance and says “I am convinced Agarikon and other polypore mushrooms hold yet-undiscovered medicines of incalculable value. If Agarikon’s antivirals prove to be effective in clinical trials, I do not think it is an exaggeration to say we should save our old growth forests as a matter of national defense.”
The Spiritual Significance of Agarikon Mushrooms

While the positive physical health benefits are astounding, the beliefs surrounding the spiritual benefits reveal to us the magnitude of Agarikon’s power.

In Paul Stamets book MycoMedicinals: An Informational Treatise on Mushrooms, he describes how “the Haida First Peoples of the Queen Charlotte Islands and elsewhere on the coast of British Columbia, associated this mushroom with the powerful creator spirit Raven, and as a protector of women’s sexuality.”

The mushroom was also carved into animalistic looking forms and placed on shaman’s graves to protect them from evil spirits, or now commonly known as archons. The native peoples believed that Agarikon protected them from diseases caused by these same evil spirits.

In fact, even the ancient Gnostics believed that archons were “etheric viruses.” What is compelling to take note of is the fact that Agarikon was used to protect people from these etheric realm viruses (archons) and today, science has confirmed how Agarikon is strongly anti-viral against physical realm viruses. As above, so below.

Music is a powerful tool for healing. A team of scientists discovered that certain types of music improve your mood by harmonizing the right and left hemispheres of the brain. In today’s high-stress world, you need safe and effective music to feel relaxed, joyful, and upbeat. Give yourself the calm relaxation you deserve. Listen to music proven to reduce stress and anxiety by 65%.

With the rise of the Sacred Feminine quickly ascending in more and more people around the world and the belief that archons are losing their strength, the Agarikon mushroom is a substance that may help speed up the process towards physical and spiritual health, love and respect for oneself and for all. Like burning sage, the Agarikon mushroom benefits may also serve as useful protection for the physical and spiritual realms of the body.

Other articles I’ve written on the physical and spiritual benefits of various foods, nutraceuticals and supplements can be seen below.

Fulvic Acid Benefits: Supplement For Detoxification, Brain, Energy, DNA and RNA Synthesis

Part 1 of 3: The Neurogenesis Regimen-Supplements, Foods and Exercises to Maximize Brain, Memory and Nervous System Health

The Herb, Essential Oils and ORMUS to Enhance Your Meditation and Spiritual Practice

What Are the Best Medicinal Mushrooms For Memory, Stress, Immune and Cancer Support?

The preceding is a Stillness in the Storm original creation. Please share freely.

Read more articles by Michael Wright here .

Like our work? Support this site with a contribution via Paypal, cryptocurrencies, or Patreon.

This article appeared first on Stillness in the Storm.

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2019/05/agarikon-mushroom-benefits-strongest-anti-viral-tuberculosis-treatment-and-protection-from-archons/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »

“Magic Mushrooms” Could Replace Antidepressants

SHROOM STUDY

Interest in the potential medical uses for psychedelics, such as “magic mushrooms” and LSD, has rapidly increased in recent years, leading to the opening of the world’s first formal center for psychedelics research in April — and the center’s leader is already prepared to make a bold prediction about the future of psychedelics in medicine.

“I would imagine if you had some bookmakers doing the odds, there would be strong odds on that [psychedelic therapy] will be licensed sometime in the next five to 10 years – maybe sooner,” Robin Carhart-Harris told The Independent.
EMOTIONAL RELEASE

Carhart-Harris is currently leading a Centre for Psychedelic Research trial to compare the ability of psilocybin, or “magic,” mushrooms and leading antidepressants to treat depression.

He told The Independent that so far, participants are reporting that the psilocybin leaves them feeling like they’ve experienced an emotional “release,” while patients often criticize antidepressants for making them feel like their emotions are “blunted.”
WISHFUL THINKING

Given the positive feedback from study participants and psilocybin mushrooms’ extremely low risk for overdose or addiction, it’s not hard to see why Carhart-Harris is optimistic that doctors will soon be able to use psychedelics to treat patients.

However, another psychedelics researcher, James Rucker from King’s College London, isn’t so sure about Carhart-Harris’ timeline, telling The Independent that five years is “possible… but only if everything goes to plan, and you know what they say about best-laid plans.”

READ MORE: Magic mushrooms could replace antidepressants within five years, says new psychedelic research centre [The Independent]

More on psychedelics: World’s First Center for Psychedelics Research Opens in UK

https://wordpress.futurism.com/magic-mushrooms-replace-antidepressants/