AuthorTopic: Paul Craig Roberts on Owebamicare  (Read 885 times)

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Paul Craig Roberts on Owebamicare
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »
I wonder how someone like PCR could ever have worked for who he did.  Was he a totally different person then?  Reagan's DEEDS had nothing to do w/ what PCR seems to believe ... yet he was in there serving Ronnie the great liar.

Great article here by PCR - not his usual material, very in-depth on Owebamicare.  What a train wreck.

Small businesses might as well close up shop tonight cause it is OVER.

I wasn't aware that if you used Medicaid between the ages of 55 and 66(?) that the gov would dun your estate for any services you received.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/02/05/obamacare-a-deception/

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Craig Roberts on Owebamicare
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
While sharing his disgust overall, on this particular bit...

Health care seems destined to be rationed according to the age and illnesses of Medicare patients. Those judged too old and too ill could be denied expensive treatments or procedures that would prolong their lives.

...I have no objection. We old folks should be denied expensive treatments if we can't pay for them out of our own savings.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

Health care seems destined to be rationed according to the age and illnesses of Medicare patients. Those judged too old and too ill could be denied expensive treatments or procedures that would prolong their lives.

...I have no objection. We old folks should be denied expensive treatments if we can't pay for them out of our own savings.

Please Ka, don't make it a we, keep it an I, lefty's have that problem of including others with their personal desires.

Offline Ka

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »

Please Ka, don't make it a we, keep it an I, lefty's have that problem of including others with their personal desires.

This isn't about personal desires. It is about how we ration dwindling resources.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

This isn't about personal desires. It is about how we ration dwindling resources.

I am aware of the argument, enjoy your cyanide pill and let me live please.

We have trillions of dollars to bail out the banksters and fight wars and keep the swill that rule us comfy with their limo's and escargot and champagne lunches. If it takes a few printed bucks to keep some people alive that wish to live it's fine with me. Your efforts in balancing the fiat budget are wonderful, as is Warren Buffets desire to pay more taxes; just go do it and don't include me in your suicide plan, Your Goodness.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:08:07 PM »

Small businesses might as well close up shop tonight cause it is OVER.

I wasn't aware that if you used Medicaid between the ages of 55 and 66(?) that the gov would dun your estate for any services you received.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/02/05/obamacare-a-deception/

Mivhael Snyder, has been vocal on the effect on small businesses and wages, but even he has been unaware of the docking your estate for the elderly patient.

Im very much with Ka on the issues of palliative care. I work in the whole  govt healthcare system and I see ambulances, beds and waiting times blown out for children or generally healthy people because of drug addicts, grossly over weight patients, smokers, and keeping the elderly artificially alive too long with no quality of life. How many fall down, have a hip replacement and then die in the next few weeks anyway? They usually wouldnt have fallen down if we were not structured in nuclear families where the elderly are left alone to try and get around the house, because their sons and daughters all have busy careers and dont have time or inclination to walk their mama to the bathroom. But then pharmacos would no longer sell each oldie at least 100$ a week worth of pills.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »
Very mixed emotions here ... who wouldn't have?

In the last couple years I've known;

1) One person - 92 YO w/ inoperable pancreatic cancer and other serious infirmities operated on on (exploratory) for "abdominal pain" - where, surprise surprise, they found widespread cancer.  Lived 10 days, never left ICU, and died.

2) Another, 90+ YO, bedridden in the final throes of Alzheimers before death.  They wheel him in for a hip replacement.  WTF.  Dead 2 days later.

3) Another with a history of melanoma and had a large portion of his stomach removed for cancer.  80 YO ... Very sickly for years, nearly immobile from lack of ability to get nutrician.  To the hospital - surgery of some nature ... Dead in recovery.

These are all malpractice situations - every one - and all "paid for" w/ our medicare money.  Just criminal.