PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🥘 The Cooking Zone

AuthorTopic: 🥘 The Cooking Zone  (Read 4920 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
The Cooking Zone: Ahi Tuna Sashimi at Home
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2019, 03:22:24 PM »
The Big Cook is OVAH at last for the Diner 7th Anniversary FEAST, and I had a hankering for eating something BESIDES the fucking leftovers from 2 weeks worth of cooking up all these courses!

So for today, it is preparing your own Sashimi at home.  :icon_sunny:  A HUGE Money Saver!  Not hard to do either.

Next Up:  Eddie will drop in to diss me and predict I will die from a brain parasite because I don't know how to handle fish, I'm not a Biochemist and I'm not a Professional Sushi Chef.  ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLsOvjOBJHY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pLsOvjOBJHY</a>

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 Sauteeing Onions and Talkin' Collapse
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2019, 05:21:23 AM »
Snippet from my Ultimate Quiche video now in production.

A 3 min Primer in Collapse for Foodies.  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoKRFk6pY6E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DoKRFk6pY6E</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The ULTIMATE Collapse Quiche!
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2019, 07:54:33 PM »
Snippet from my Ultimate Quiche video now in production.

A 3 min Primer in Collapse for Foodies.  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DoKRFk6pY6E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DoKRFk6pY6E</a>

RE

I can't help sharing the finished product here with the Diners before the article comes out.  Absolutely the best Quiche I have ever made,or ever tasted in fact.  I was able to eat a FULL SLICE at one sitting.  That is amazing for me.  KH was over today to help get the new computer situated in the office space, she ate a full slice and wanted a couple more to bring home to her housemates.  So the first one is already almost gone!  I'm putting the 2nd one in the new deep freezer for later consumption.

Don't miss the article for Sunday Bunch with the Full Recipe and cooking techniques!

click pics to enlarge

Fresh out of the Cooking Zone oven
Quiche Oven Done
Quiche Oven Done

2/3rds Consumed
Quiche Wedge
Quiche Wedge

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 JIT Food Delivery, Local Food Production & Mushrooms
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 11:07:31 AM »
Another Snippet from the Ultimate Quiche video.  :icon_sunny:

This episode we cover issues with food transport and the importance of growing at least some of your own food.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKn8Kv0X6D8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BKn8Kv0X6D8</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The Cooking Zone: Turning Japanese for Breakfast
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »
Part 1 of a 2-Dish Breakfast Menu.  No Pig Meat this morning for our Breakfast Meat!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZru_TywyME" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rZru_TywyME</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5BmEIYRPf3g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5BmEIYRPf3g</a>

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The Cooking Zone: A Japazilian Lunch
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2019, 01:38:41 PM »
This is not as weird as it sounds.  In the aftermath of WWII, many Japanese with money left Japan and set up shop in Brazil, much as the Nazis set up shop in Argentina.  Japanese-Brazilian Fusion Food is very common, many restaurrants specialize in it.  In fact, after he retired from the Bankstering Biz, Dad the Pigman ran such a restaurant in Rio.

Today's Lunch features homemade Ahi Tuna and Salmon Sashimi, Feijon (Rice & Beans) and Fresh Fruit.  Feijon should not be confused with Feijoada, which has a lot more in it than just Rice & Beans.  I'm planning to do a Feijoada sometime in the near future for Dinner.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Lunch.

Japazilian Lunch
Japazilian Lunch

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The Cooking Zone: Salmon Teriyaki Deja Vu all over again
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:05 AM »
I enjoyed the Salmon Teriyaki so much I decided to make it again today.  :icon_sunny:

Don't miss the Brexit discussion or the SHOCKER ending!  :o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUwDLHfiNUg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aUwDLHfiNUg</a>

If you are too bizzy to watch it, here's how the Salmon came out at the end.

Salmon Teriyaki
Salmon Teriyaki
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whiskey in the Jar-O
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2019, 08:33:42 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner March 16, 2019

Discuss this Article & Video at the Cooking Zone Inside the Diner

If you come from the Big Apple or Bean Town, you know there is no greater holiday with a greater tradition than St. Paddy's Day.  Folloiwng closely on the heels of the Ides of March, you can consider it a celebration of the fact you got through that one without getting stabbed in the back.  Of course, to really enjoy St. Paddy's Day, you have to be a bit fond of the Sauce.  lol.  The Drinking starts at Breakfast and doesn't stop for the whole day.  Somewhere in there you need to get some solid food down into your gut, or you will pass out too soon.  So for this St. Pat's Day, what else could I possibly cook up other than Corned Beef & Cabbage, the traditional food nourishment to accompany the Pints of Guiness Stout and the shots of Jameson's Irish Whisky?

Image result for pint of Guinness Stout Above you'll find the complete cooking instructions and recipe for the most scrumptious and delicious Corned Beef & Cabbage you will ever eat.  Done this year for the first time with my NEW Gourmia Insta-Pot!  I went into this with some trepidation due to the fact I had never tried Pressure Cooking a Brisket before.  Smoked, yes, Slow Cooked, yes.  Pressure Cooked, no.  As it turns out, this has to be the BEST way to prepare this dish, for both ease and simplicity.  About the only people who could not handle this cooking job are the supporters of Donalditry Trumpovetsky.  If you can't figure out how to Boil or Scramble an Egg, you're going to be out of your depth with doing this meal preparation.  For everyone else though, it's well within reach, and your guest will thank you, right before they heave it all up on your new Persian Rug. lol.

You might wonder why I am publishing this today rather than tomorrow, which is the actual St. Paddy'Day and also my regular Sunday Brunch article?  That's because I have planned for tomorrow an even BIGGER production including a Special Edition of the Collapse Morning Wake-Up Call and another new Cooking Zone recipe for an entirely NEW Soup never before cooked up on Planet Earth, Alaskan Collapse Wedding Soup!  Assuming of course I can get all the editing done by tomorrow morning.  Real crush for me on that deadline, and I have already been umbilically tied to the computer for the last 2 days, when not actually cooking, or of course sleeping or excreting.  lol.

Anyhow, let's enjoy the holiday tomorrow in typical Diner style, while we consume Corned Beef and Cabbage and your choice of Alcoholic beverages.  Here's a Music selection for the day as well, in the Irish style.  Below follows a few choice still photos from the Cook.

…and now a few choice Pics from the Cook!

Is this too much Garlic do you think?

Great Fresh Veggies from the Food Superstore!

LOVE that JUICY FAT!

HUNGRY yet?

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Whiskey in the Jar-O
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »
You will note I trust Diners that I have upped my game considerably on the production and editing end of the vids.  :icon_sunny:

Figuring out how to get copyright background music past the Utoob Bots was a real challenge and triumph!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The Cooking Zone: MAJOR MOTION PICTURE
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »
Coming in April to a Laptop Near You!

Beef Roast with Portabella Mushrooms in Cabernet Sauce

By far, my best Recipe and best Production Values so far!  Don't miss it!

click the pics to enlarge
Steak CloseUp
Steak CloseUp

Portabella Cabernet
Portabella Cabernet

Coming this weekend for Saturday Brunch

Bugout Breakfast Basics:  Collapse Comfort Food

How to on keeping your attitude positive after SHTF Day comes to your doorstep.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bugout Breakfast Basics: Collapse Comfort Food
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 07:18:22 AM »

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner March 23, 2019

Discuss this article in the Cooking Zone of the Doomstead Diner

We've been doing quite a few "Premium Meals" lately in the Cooking Zone, our Diner 7th Anniversary FEAST which featured Alaskan King Crab & Ribeye Steak for instance, or the SalmonTeriyaki Bake or the Corned Beef & Cabbage for St. Paddy's Day.  Actually the last two are within SNAP Card prices when you factor in how many days you can eat the leftovers.  However, for today's episode of the Cooking Zone, we are going "Back to Basics" with meals well within the SNAP Card Budget of $5/day or $1.67/meal for a 3-meal Day.  Criteria a meal must meet to fit the SNAP Card Menu are:

1- It must come in under the Budget for the meal.

2- You must be able to cook it on prtable cooking apparatus you could use in a Bugout situation where you have to GTFO of Daodge in a hurry.  Think Wildfires, Floods or Earthquakes.  Don't worry too much about the rising Oceans swallowing you up, that won't happen so fast.

3-  The meal should be Nutritious with no JUNK FOOD!

4-  The meal should be DELICIOUS and help you forget your troubles while you enjoy eating it.

I did the first video in the middle of the week, then I decided to do another one which I just did a still pic of, then last night I got a bug up my butt to do another vid.  That's why this article is going up so late this morning.

Breakfast #2

All right from the cooler!  Makes you want to SMILE!  🙂  Cherrios, Boiled Egg, Fruit, Rice & Yogurt

Breakfast #3

The "All-American Breakfast:.  Bacon, Eggs Over EZ, Hashbrowns & Toast.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Citrus-Maple Salmon with a Side of Collapse
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2019, 06:04:22 AM »

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner March 30, 2019

Discuss this Video at the Diner Pantry Inside the Diner

An extra special TREAT for the Diners for Saturday Brunch today as the Spring weather comes here to the Last Great Frontier, a NEW and DELICIOUS recipe for that great Alaska Collapse Food, SALMON!  In this invention, I combined the flavors of the Carribean and the flavors of the North East during Maple Sap Tapping season.  The combination turned out to be exceptionally SCRUMPTIOUS!

Salmon is for Alaska the perfect Collapse food, one you can acquire without the need for money and without JIT delivery to your local Food Superstore.  The recipe though has some deficiencies in this regard, as Citrus fruits likely will not be shipped in here after SHTF Day arrives on the Last Great Frontier.  For the Maple Syrup though, you could easily substitute Birch Syrup which we tap right here nearby where I live.

The cook also is done with our Collapse Bugout Cooking Apparatus, this time the Electric Toaster Oven.  Price was also kept down to near the SNAP Card Budget, although it does slightly exceed it so this one qualifies as a low-end Premium Meal, not a typical day's meal when you are working on a tight food budget.

In other newz, since this cook I have been Upgrading the Cooking Zone Kitchen to be more of a Professional Utoob Chef's arrangement, with all my tools at easy arms reach and easily found when needed when you discover you forgot to find a tool before you started the camera running.  lol.  Here's the curent state of the refit:

This recent upgrade follows the initial upgrade I did to have a better Video set for production, cmera angles and lighting.  Here's the Tour of the Cooking Zone right after the initial upgrade was finished a few months ago:

As you can see, many cooking tools have now magically appeared on hooks surrounding my Food Prep area, which also doubles as my Consumption Location for EATING 😋 the food after I cook it up!   Besides installing all those hooks and auxiliary shelves, I also dug out of my preps in long term storage my nice Nipponese-style porcelain dishware to consume from, to give it all that classy, restaurant look to it. 🙂  Unfortunately, the largest plates in the set all broke I guess in the last move here, but they were too big anyhow.

The Food Prep and Consumption area also serves as the set for cooking on the Bugout apparatus of the Electic Hotplate, which you can see sitting on the shelf ready for action, which is often.  In fact most of my recipes are cooked here rather than on the gas stove to show they can be done with just this kind of apparatus and nothing else.

Not shown in the recent pics is the main standard cooking location of the Gas Stove, currently undergoing renovations.  I should have this neighborhood up to snuff in about 2 weeks, after Bozos delivers some stuff with FREE Shipping from Amazon Prime! 🙂  Also, remember when you buy stuff off Amazon to use the smile.amazon.com subweb and designate the Sustaining Universal Needs Foundation of Boiling Springs, SC as your Charity.  It doesn't cost you any extra, Bozos makes the donation.  Help us to Build a Better Tomorrow!

OK, that's the latest from the Cooking Zone, be sure to tune in tomorrow for the Collapse Morning Wake-Up Call for a Special European Edition covering Brexit, Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vests), German Recession and further Greek buttfucking by Brussels.  Here's a short trailer for tomorrow's broadcast:

COMING TOMORROW TO A LAPTOP NEAR YOU

Collapse Morning Wake-Up Call European Special Edition

with Jason Heppenstall of 22 Billion Energy Slaves

air date Sunday March 31, 2019

COMING TUESDAY TO THAT SAME LAPTOP

COOKING ZONE SPECIAL EDITION

Brexit Bullshit Breakfast

(with Live Debate from Parliament on the original Brexit Date)

air date Tuesday April 2, 2019

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Brexit Bullshit Breakfast
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2019, 05:29:33 AM »

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner April 2, 2019

Discuss this Video at the Cooking Zone Table inside the Diner

Sometimes the ongoing Political Kabuki Theater & Clown Show we are immersed in transitions from just being mildly amusing to downright HILARIOUS.  Such was the case a few days ago when fresh off my chat with Jason Heppenstall of 22 Billion Energy Slaves, I was cooking Breakfast and simultaneously listeing LIVE to "debate" ongoing in Parliament following Theresa the Terrible's (TtT) latest defeat on her latest call for a Vote on her Brexit non-Plan.  Theresa has been living in Cricket-Land too long and obviously does not know the rule that 3 Strikes and YOU'RE OUT!  No more innings for Theresa!

Related image

TtT is not the only Clown operating on the political scene in Brit-ville though, they have enough Clowns to fill the entire Bench, and fortunately for those of us cooking breakfast at 4AM Alaska Time, this makes for a VERY entertaining backdrop for making an Omelet!  All brought to me through the magic of microprocessors, fiber optic cable and absolute GOBS of energy being consumed by Cisco Routers all over the world to get these juicy packets of information to my BIG SCREEN OLED monitor and amplified Sound Bar with Sub-Woofer. 🙂

Image result for alexandria ocasio-cortez dancing For those of us living on this side of the pond, even those at the far western end on the Bering Sea like me, this is a welcome respite from our own Political Soap Operas, including but not limited to Trumpovetsky threatening to close the border with Mejico, handing out Security Clearances to anyone who had regular Chats with Ruskie Intelligence or could Fog a Mirror, Uncle Joe Biden Groping his way around every set of Ta-Tas that ever appeared on a Podium with him in the last 50 years of stumping and cutting deals with his Corporate Masters, all while AoC shakes her Bodacious set of Ta-Tas around to get everyone to pay attention to the problem of Gender inequality.  This being more important of course than the fact everybody is going fucking broke these days!

Anyhow, I don't talk too much in this Breakfast Recipe Video (for a change!), other than to give a few pointers along the way for making a good Mushroom Omelet and cooking cheap and EZ sausage patties and hashbrowns and set up the cook at the beginning.  The rest of the time you get to listen right along with me to a bunch of Prep School Jokers bloviating and trying to "solve" a problem in the next 2 weeks they have been completely unable to make progress on in the last 3 years since the Limeys voted to exit the Hotel California Europa, where you can Check Out but you can Never Leave.  It should get very interesting as we get closer to this latest of constantly moving backward deadlines.

For a little more in depth analysis in case you missed it, here's Jason & me discussing the Brexit Fiasco, along with numerous of the other ongoing Collapse Calamities befalling the E.U. these days, as the leader of the pack of Western countries to spin down the toilet in the Collapse of Industrial Civilization.

…and don't miss next Saturday's Cooking Zone vid "The Holy Meal", complete with a Burning BBQ!

…Welcome to the Doomstead Diner, where you can Check Out, but you can Never Leave.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Bullshit Breakfast
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »
Now UP on Global Economic Intersection!  :icon_sunny:

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201904030030

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥘 The Cooking Zone: Sous Vide Short Ribs - The 24 Hour Cook
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2019, 11:07:02 AM »
I just finished the latest Sous Vide experiment, and I just HAD to share the results here with my fellow Diners!  Here are the most tender and delicious Short Ribs I have ever cooked up:

Check out that PERFECT level of RARE done-ness!
Short Ribs Rare
Short Ribs Rare

...and EVERY one done to the same level of PERFECTION!
Short Ribs All Perfect 20
Short Ribs All Perfect 20

I'll have the full video of the cook up in a couple of weeks.  Tomorrow's Cooking Zone Video is "The Holy Meal", a more traditionally BBQed Juicy Ribeye Steak.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can