PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🥘 The Cooking Zone

AuthorTopic: 🥘 The Cooking Zone  (Read 22710 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍄 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special of the Week
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
It's Steak Saturday here on the Diner and also Mushroom 🍄 Week!  So our final Special is the CLASSIC Steak & Mushrooms🍄   :icon_sunny:  In this case the Shrooms 🍄 were sauteed in GARLIC Butter, and the Petit NY Strip Steak Seared with Rosemary and seasoned with GARLIC Powder, among other spices.  :icon_sunny:  Cooked to Medium Rare on this occasion.

RE
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:02:56 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥣 Doomstead Diner Soup Special of the Day
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2020, 04:04:22 PM »
It's Soup🥣 Week here on the Diner!

Soups are great for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or a Midnite Snack!  :icon_sunny:  Also EZ to eat if you lack a few Teeth due to the Malpractice of Criminal Dentists in your chidhood.  I pretty much live on Soups!  I got more Soup recipes than you can count!  lol.

This one is an RE original, not available on the shelves  at your local Food Superstore in a Can.

Cheddar Zucchini-Broccoli-Mushroom Soup🥣 with Roasted GARLIC
Cheddar Zuchinni
Cheddar Zuchinni

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2020, 09:51:51 AM »
For today it is that Itie Special, Minestrone, just like Mama Leone used to make!  Is it OK for me to use "Itie" in place of Italian or do I have to spell the whole thing out to be Politically Correct?  How about Wop?  That's one letter less to keyboard!

Minestrone Soup is one of the easiest ones to make, just throw into it whatever veggies you have growing in the garden and some pasta and POOF you hav your soup!  lol.  Also numerous good Canned varieties out there as well.  This one is a  Campbells's Condensed, with just a little augmentation of some roasted GARLIC.

Minestrone
Minestrone

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2020, 06:39:06 AM »
i am sure most of you remember this soup from childhood, even if you do not still have it today.  Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle, and this time no ammendations, not even some GARLIC.

Not my favorite version, I prefer the "Homestyle" but that hasn't been on the shelves at 3 Bears for weeks.

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
This one is an RE Original you can't find Canned by anybody.  :icon_sunny:

Smoked Oyster & Scampi Scallop  Chowder
Smoked Oyster Garli Scallps Chowder
Smoked Oyster Garli Scallps Chowder

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥔 Doomstead Diner Side Dish of the Week
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
In case you haven't noticed, there haven't been any Siner Specials in a wile. That's because I am having trouble eating again.  I have been subsisting on mostly chicken & beef broth and oatmeal.  This diet is not great for taking Food Pics.  Also because I was again getting stuck with a lot of Leftovers I had to throw out.

So for the forseeable future, I will just put up the occasional Dish of the Week.

Side Dish of the Week this week is Garlic Home Fried Potatoes to go with your Bacon & Egg Breakfast.

Garlic Home Fried Alaska Grown Potatoes
Home Fries 2
Home Fries 2

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌶️ Doomstead Diner Main Course of the Week
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
My appetite has somewhat returned and I am able to hold down solid food once again. YAY!  :icon_sunny:  From a low this time of 147, I am now back up to 150, Safe Territory!  :icon_sunny:

This was the Dish of the Week for me, Stuffed Pepper.  Not the stuffing your Italian Grandma did though, this one is done Mexican Style, with Fajita Seasoned Meat, Refried Beans and Rice, topped with Mex Cheeses. Also assorted other spices and additions, including of course plenty of GARLIC;D

I got 3 meals out of this stuffed pepper.  About $1/meal.  Cheap and delicious eats, when your alimentary canal is behaving anyhow.   ::)

Mexican Stuffed Pepper
Stuffed=Pepper
Stuffed=Pepper

RE
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:49:09 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍝 Doomstead Diner Pasta of the Week
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2020, 10:27:30 AM »
Now that I am finally back on solid food and recovering my lost biomass  (back up to 155!  YAY!  :icon_sunny:), yesterday I decided to make that childhood staple that EVERYBODY has had uncounted number of times, Spaghetti & Meatballs.  This is one recipe I DID learn from my Mother, although I have changed it over the years adding spices to the meatballs she never put in.

When you make meatballs, you always have to make them in batches that are package size for the ground beef, which with my size meatball usually makes around a dozen meatballs.  It would take me a month to eat a dozen meatballs!  lol. So back to the food gifting in the community, and I got rid of the surplus Spaghetti and Meatballs to 2 of my neighbors, one a disabled woman in her 50s, the other to my helper from last summer who helped me customize my Cripple Carts.  He and his wife and their 4 year old daughter just got an Eviction Notice, since she is no longer working and the Extended UE payments have now expired and they are outta cash.  Apparently AK does not have the same anti-Eviction rule in place NY does during the COVID Crisis.  I am going to try and give him a JOB 1 day a week as my Cripple Helper, but he is not real reliable, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Anyhow, after the giveaways, I left myself 1 meatball, and remembered my Mother.  I cried.

Spaghetti & Meatballs
Spaghetti Meatball
Spaghetti Meatball

RE

Save As Many As You Can