PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner 7th Anniversary First Breakfast: Boiled Eggs for the Deplorables, Demented and Dimwits

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner 7th Anniversary First Breakfast: Boiled Eggs for the Deplorables, Demented and Dimwits  (Read 3781 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DUST OFF THE CROW RECIPES  :evil4:

No Crow on the menu for the Diner 7th Anniversary Dinner, sorry.  Main Dishes are Ribeye Steak & Alaskan King Crab.  Liver Pate Appetizer plus some other surprise appetizers.  Diners are encouraged to bring side dishes to fill out the dinner.  You can bring crow.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

No Crow on the menu for the Diner 7th Anniversary Dinner, sorry.  Main Dishes are Ribeye Steak & Alaskan King Crab.  Liver Pate Appetizer plus some other surprise appetizers.  Diners are encouraged to bring side dishes to fill out the dinner.  You can bring crow.

RE

Eddie & Surly will enjoy crow sushi  :icon_mrgreen:

How would like yours chief ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

RE

Eddie & Surly will enjoy crow sushi  :icon_mrgreen:

How would like yours chief ?

Fowl is one meat I will not eat raw.  I will vote for Crow Teriyaki.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner 7th Anniversary Appetizer: Sterilization Procedures for Canning your Pate
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 07:22:15 AM »
This video, and in fact this whole series is designed to DEMOLISH the recent dissing I have been receiving from Eddie with regard to my skills and my abilities to help people who are preparing for Collapse.

Diss #1:

"RE can copy/paste a good meal..."

There are layers of dissing in this claim.  First is that I can put up videos and pics of the meals prepared by other chefs, but I can't do this shit myself.  This is a disengenuous claim at best.  Eddie has had my BBQ Baby Back Ribs and Chicken Wings, and in fact assisted me in preparing the NY Style Bagels & Lox appetizer at the 2nd convocation.  He knows I know how to cook, so why would he say something like this?  He's my best friend in the whole world, but he deprecates my ability to do what I say I can do.  ???  :icon_scratch:  So this week I got my fucking crippled ass into gear to actually DO the cooking for the Diner 7th Anniversary Celebration Meals.

The second layer is the implication I am a copy/paster and don't create original material.  The fact is that BY FAR, I create the most original material for the Diner,  be it on the Blog, the Soundcloud and YouTube chanels or here inside the Forum as well.  We all copy/paste, Ediie does that as much as anyone.  It's how you take material of interest and transfer it so other Diners can quickly scan it.  There is nothing wrong with copy/pasting, although you should also create original commentary as well, at the least.

"RE would probably give himself Botulism if he tried Canning himself"

This one pissed me off enough to buy the apparatus I needed to do the job of caning up the Pate.  We will not in fact know absolutely on this until after I crack open a can in 6 months and consume the contents, but I got no worries on this one.  I know WTF I am doing.

"You are a trained clinical lab tech. Not a biochemist, which is a doctorate. "

This one pissed me off even more than the claim I would give myself Botulism canning myself.  ::)

Eddie apparently thinks I was trained like his wife, who did a similar sort of work to what I did to make a living for about 15 years.  But the fact is I wasn't trained to do that job, it is just a job I took to make money.  I AM a trained Biochemist, and in this video you will find out some of my history that Eddie does not know.  You do NOT need to have a Ph.D. to be a trained Biochemist, that is complete horseshit.  This is part of Eddie's serious case of BMS, where he only respects Big Men who leap Tall Barns in a Single Bound, people with the "Dr." appelation in front of their name or people who make tons of $MONEY$ 🤑.  I am none of those things, so he sees fit to diss me whenever he can, which I am going to squash out here and now.  ;D

I hope you enjoy this video on canning and sterilization proceedures, and my history as a Biochemist.  There's a Part 2 coming on this tomorrow as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv7F3TqFg0U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hv7F3TqFg0U</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
This video, and in fact this whole series is designed to DEMOLISH the recent dissing I have been receiving from Eddie with regard to my skills and my abilities to help people who are preparing for Collapse.

Diss #1:

"RE can copy/paste a good meal..."

There are layers of dissing in this claim.  First is that I can put up videos and pics of the meals prepared by other chefs, but I can't do this shit myself.  This is a disengenuous claim at best.  Eddie has had my BBQ Baby Back Ribs and Chicken Wings, and in fact assisted me in preparing the NY Style Bagels & Lox appetizer at the 2nd convocation.  He knows I know how to cook, so why would he say something like this?  He's my best friend in the whole world, but he deprecates my ability to do what I say I can do.  ???  :icon_scratch:  So this week I got my fucking crippled ass into gear to actually DO the cooking for the Diner 7th Anniversary Celebration Meals.

The second layer is the implication I am a copy/paster and don't create original material.  The fact is that BY FAR, I create the most original material for the Diner,  be it on the Blog, the Soundcloud and YouTube chanels or here inside the Forum as well.  We all copy/paste, Ediie does that as much as anyone.  It's how you take material of interest and transfer it so other Diners can quickly scan it.  There is nothing wrong with copy/pasting, although you should also create original commentary as well, at the least.

"RE would probably give himself Botulism if he tried Canning himself"

This one pissed me off enough to buy the apparatus I needed to do the job of caning up the Pate.  We will not in fact know absolutely on this until after I crack open a can in 6 months and consume the contents, but I got no worries on this one.  I know WTF I am doing.

"You are a trained clinical lab tech. Not a biochemist, which is a doctorate. "

This one pissed me off even more than the claim I would give myself Botulism canning myself.  ::)

Eddie apparently thinks I was trained like his wife, who did a similar sort of work to what I did to make a living for about 15 years.  But the fact is I wasn't trained to do that job, it is just a job I took to make money.  I AM a trained Biochemist, and in this video you will find out some of my history that Eddie does not know.  You do NOT need to have a Ph.D. to be a trained Biochemist, that is complete horseshit.  This is part of Eddie's serious case of BMS, where he only respects Big Men who leap Tall Barns in a Single Bound, people with the "Dr." appelation in front of their name or people who make tons of $MONEY$ 🤑.  I am none of those things, so he sees fit to diss me whenever he can, which I am going to squash out here and now.  ;D

I hope you enjoy this video on canning and sterilization proceedures, and my history as a Biochemist.  There's a Part 2 coming on this tomorrow as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv7F3TqFg0U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hv7F3TqFg0U</a>

RE

Feeling mean this morning?

Over the years, you've consistently cut and pasted food on the Diner that you had nothing at all to do with cooking. This recent move to video your creations just to prove me wrong is fine with me. But the story is still out on the botulism. Lets see a video next year of you eating a jar of that stuff.

You are not a biochemist. I was in honors chemistry in college too, and but I don't claim to be a chemist.

My wife also "just took a job" in a lab.....when she was 17 years old. She proceeded to get HEW/CLS certified, worked in hospital labs all the way through college, got her degree and then took a year hospital residency and got her additional certification as an MT(ASCP). She went on to become a chief technologist in a hospital, which is how she supported us when I was i dental school.  She was in that business for 25 years.

But she isn't a biochemist, and neither are you.

She's forgotten more about medicine than you'll ever know, however, and you're a rank amateur in comparison.

Nice try. No cigar.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:45:51 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
She's forgotten more about medicine than you'll ever know, however, and you're a rank amateur in comparison.

Nice try. No cigar.

Did she work on the first Radioimmunoassay tests at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital?  Did she teach the MCAT to wannabee Drs.?

Trust me, I will eat that Pate ON CAMERA if I am still above ground level in 6 months and a year.  You are full of shit.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Don't be a douchebag. It just hurts your credibility.

I don't have anything to prove here...and you really don't either. We're old guys both past our prime, and we've both led interesting lives and had many adventures. And neither of us is stupid. I respect your intelligence. I'd never bet on myself beating you at chess. You have a fine mind, even though you've probably killed off a lot of brain cells.

If you come for me, though, I will fight back. It is who I am. Best give it a rest.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't be a douchebag. It just hurts your credibility.

I don't have anything to prove here...and you really don't either. We're old guys both past our prime, and we've both led interesting lives and had many adventures. And neither of us is stupid. I respect your intelligence. I'd never bet on myself beating you at chess. You have a fine mind, even though you've probably killed off a lot of brain cells.

If you come for me, though, I will fight back. It is who I am. Best give it a rest.

I am satisfied. I made the point I wanted to make.  We will revisit it in 6 months when I crack open the first can of the Pate.  lol

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner 7th Anniversary Breakfast: Glory Days with the Vegan Omelet
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 05:10:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6vQpW9XRiyM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6vQpW9XRiyM</a>

OK folks, it's time for the Climactic Cooking Event which occurred in Part 3 of the Vegan Omelet series.

Those of you who have been following along with the cooking videos I am sure have become aware of the great problems I have in the kitchen nowadays due to my paralysis in my right arm.  It makes doing all the stuff I have been doing very hard.

In this portion of the video though, I dug deep into the past when I was in my Cooking Prime, and miraculously I pulled it off.  For one brief shining moment, I was back at Columbia wooing the Illuminati Spawn with my cooking skills.

I am sure this video won't mean as much to you as it does to me.  It is still amazing though to see a cripple with one foot in the grave pull this off.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvneYkzCzlc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pvneYkzCzlc</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner 7th Anniversary: Liver Pate Canned, Dated, Boxed & on the Prep Shelf!
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 06:03:33 PM »
click the pics to enlarge
Pate Pressure Cooker
Pate Pressure Cooker

Pate Canned Dated Boxed
Pate Canned Dated Boxed

The Great Liver Pate Canning Adventure is a WRAP!  ;D

All done until I crack open the first can and we get to see if I die of Botulism or not.  If you can read my crippled writing on the cans, you will see they all have the canning date of 2/7/2019 on them, and 3 of them have on "Eat On" Date.  The first date is my birthday of August 31, 2019.  If I am going to die of Botulism, that seems like a good choice.   The secod date is Winter Solstice 2019, and the last Eat-On date is Summer Solstice of 2020 if I make it that far.  The other 3 cns have no eat-on date on them, no idea when I will get to them.  If I die before I do (of other causes, not Botulism), you can eat them as an Appetizer at my Funeral.

Here also is the 2nd part of the actual Canning procedure, with a discussion of how much food to have in your Survival Preps and when enough is ENOUGH ALREADY!  ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHyyNNQxnX8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DHyyNNQxnX8</a>

RE
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:52:38 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner 7th Anniversary Appetizer Identification Challenge
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »
Identify all 4 Appetizers correctly and you win a Diner Kewpie Doll.  :icon_sunny:

Appetizers 4
Appetizers 4

If nobody gets it by tomorrow I'll reveal the answers.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Top left looks like salmon dip with capers.

Moving clockwise, the next one is ether spinach dip or possibly some kind of bleu cheese thing.

Next is the hardest one.....really difficult.. Pate with tomato?

The last one looks like steak tartar in a boiled egg..or maybe on a slice of mozarella...with guacamole.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Top left looks like salmon dip with capers.

Moving clockwise, the next one is ether spinach dip or possibly some kind of bleu cheese thing.

Next is the hardest one.....really difficult.. Pate with tomato?

The last one looks like steak tartar in a boiled egg..or maybe on a slice of mozarella...with guacamole.

Got it on the first try!  A WINNER of a Diner Kewpie Doll!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hey, Eddie knows hors d'oeuvres.

LMFAO!!!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey, Eddie knows hors d'oeuvres.

LMFAO!!!

A Ph.D. in hors d'oeuvres!

RE
Save As Many As You Can