PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🌄 The Macho Man Virtual Doomstead

AuthorTopic: 🌄 The Macho Man Virtual Doomstead  (Read 814 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🌄 The Macho Man Virtual Doomstead
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:25:10 AM »
I decided to spruce up Macho Man's Doomstead with a few additional Preps.  :icon_sunny:

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man
Doomstead Macho Man

Now in addition to his Wood Lot, Macho Man has a Solar Array, a Greenhouse, a Barn, a Chicken Coop and two types of Windmills, a modern Electric Turbine Windmill and a traditional mechanical Grain grinding Windmill.

Macho Man Doomsteader is:

Faster than a Speeding Mangalitsa Pig

More Powerful than an Oak Tree (with his Husqvarna Chainsaw)

Able to leap tall Barns in a single bound!

Suggestions for additions to Macho Man's Doomstead are :hi: .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QvUbbDUhJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QvUbbDUhJNg</a>

RE
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:31:52 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: The Macho Man Virtual Doomstead
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »
this dude totally needs a large truck garden near the house. I would probably move the solar array further east and tuck a shed style greenhouse onto the southern side of the house. you want those spring seedlings close at hand and near running water and possible extra heat as needed. I'd attach the barn or tighten up the barn to the coop. Single manure pile and the chickens will love the fly larva in the manure and the extra heat from the other animals.He should totally have fruit trees by the perimeter and fruit bush fencing...
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:48:42 PM »
I decided to spruce up Macho Man's Doomstead with a few additional Preps.  :icon_sunny:

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man
Doomstead Macho Man

Now in addition to his Wood Lot, Macho Man has a Solar Array, a Greenhouse, a Barn, a Chicken Coop and two types of Windmills, a modern Electric Turbine Windmill and a traditional mechanical Grain grinding Windmill.

Macho Man Doomsteader is:

Suggestions for additions to Macho Man's Doomstead are :hi: .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QvUbbDUhJNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QvUbbDUhJNg</a>

RE
Ok I think you orientations are off. I assumed the array pointed south but the shadow line has it pointing east... Greenhouse as well. Greenhouse is in the shadow of the house...
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:41:28 PM »
Macho Man is:

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man 2b
Doomstead Macho Man 2b

Macho Man's Doomstead now features a Garden and a Milking Cow.  :icon_sunny:

Unfortunately, the garden and the cow are both really big files and I am at the limit of the processing power of this computer.  Unless and until I get a new computer with more horsepower, I won't be able to add more preps to Macho Man's Doomstead.  :(

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 12:46:33 PM »
this dude totally needs a large truck garden near the house. I would probably move the solar array further east and tuck a shed style greenhouse onto the southern side of the house. you want those spring seedlings close at hand and near running water and possible extra heat as needed. I'd attach the barn or tighten up the barn to the coop. Single manure pile and the chickens will love the fly larva in the manure and the extra heat from the other animals.He should totally have fruit trees by the perimeter and fruit bush fencing...

Making those additional changes is going to have to wait for a new supercomputer at the Diner Command & Control Center.  Too many big files and moving them around in 3D space takes a wicked amount of RAM and processing power.

I am of course shopping for a new computer.  ;D  My Dell is 2.5 years old now.  I generally buy a new #1 Computer every 2-3 years.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Ok I think you orientations are off. I assumed the array pointed south but the shadow line has it pointing east... Greenhouse as well. Greenhouse is in the shadow of the house...

As I said, I am at the limit of my processing power right now.  I didn't rotate any of the components to face them in the right directions.  I also just plopped them down to get a good angle for a rendering that showed everything.  I didn't consider what proper placement would be.

I tell you what.  Why don't you do a 2D drawing using just squares and label them, placing them in the right position you think they should be in.  Then when I get my new computer (I forsee about a month while I shop around for deals) I'll render it up in 3D.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Macho Man Virtual Doomstead Design Contest
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 08:59:24 AM »
I set up 2D Templates so everybody can design their own perfect Doomstead Layout!

You don't have to be restricted to the Icons I provided, you can add other ones as you see fit.

I did a Sample Layout to give you the idea.  Use the Paint Utility in Windows or the analogous one on a Mac.

Winner of the contest gets a Diner Kewpie Doll and I will render it in 3D when I get the new high horsepower computer.

click the pics to enlarge

Doomstead Preps 1
Doomstead Preps 1

Doomstead Preps 2 Sample
Doomstead Preps 2 Sample

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Macho Man gets a new Doomstead!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
With realistic terrain!  :icon_sunny:

I decided to start over and stay away from the big files until I have a Bigger Processor.  I can drop in placeholders for some big files and add them later.

MM's new Doomstead has the roofline facing south for a good installation of Solar Panels on the roof.  I'll add them later.

His property is everything you see on both sides of the stream, plus it extends back on the far side of the stream about twice as far.

The contest now is to drop on all his Prep buildings, garden etc on this property.  You can use the 2D style of diagramming I used below the 3D for your submission.

Winner again wins a Diner Kewpie Doll and gets his design rendered up in 3D.

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man 4b
Doomstead Macho Man 4b

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MM Doomstead: Now with Solar Panels & Footbridge!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:00 PM »
Starting to take shape!  :icon_sunny:

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man 5b
Doomstead Macho Man 5b

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: MM Doomstead: Now with Solar Panels & Footbridge!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man 5b
Doomstead Macho Man 5b

RE
what latitude is MM living at? I'd love to take you up on the design but busy this week...

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »

click the pic to enlarge
Doomstead Macho Man 5b
Doomstead Macho Man 5b

RE
what latitude is MM living at? I'd love to take you up on the design but busy this week...

No worries, it will take a good deal more than a week to fill this thing out.

Here's one question for you though.

Should I put the Chicken Coop on the Doomstead side of the stream for EZ egg collection, or on the far side of the stream where the Barn will be and where the pasture land is?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 04:42:26 PM »
what latitude is MM living at?

Oh, Latitude.  Let's drop it north, but not TOO far north.  Call it Maine on the East Coast and Washington on the West Coast of NA.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »
Ok more my world then... simplify the roof design the intersecting roofs are hell for solar generation. In terms of the chicken coop I believe it should be within 150 ft from the house. You want electricity to keep the water thawed and the electric fence juiced because everything loves chicken... you can always do a chicken tractor for the summer in a fallow part of the garden but the winter coop keep it close same goes for the greenhouse.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »
Ok more my world then... simplify the roof design the intersecting roofs are hell for solar generation. In terms of the chicken coop I believe it should be within 150 ft from the house. You want electricity to keep the water thawed and the electric fence juiced because everything loves chicken... you can always do a chicken tractor for the summer in a fallow part of the garden but the winter coop keep it close same goes for the greenhouse.

No, sorry, components stay as they lay, you have to work with them how they are.  I download these components, any one of them would take a week to a month by itself, depending how complex it is.  Generally, the frebie 3Ds available are from Grad students, and these are week to month to semester long projects in 3D modeling.  I'm not going to spend a month to make the Doomstead look just how you want it.  Sorry.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 06:21:11 PM »

No, sorry, components stay as they lay, you have to work with them how they are.  I download these components, any one of them would take a week to a month by itself, depending how complex it is.  Generally, the frebie 3Ds available are from Grad students, and these are week to month to semester long projects in 3D modeling.  I'm not going to spend a month to make the Doomstead look just how you want it.  Sorry.

RE
one must try...