AuthorTopic: The Round Table  (Read 10567 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
The Round Table: Doomstead Diner Webzine on ScribD
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
I have now Published the first 2 issues of the Doomstead Diner Webzine on ScribD.  I also wrote a rationale for the ScribD Admin to Publish them on ScribD's Homepage.  If we make the Homepage of ScribD, WATCH OUT.  Then we hit the BIGTIME.

ScribD Feb 2012 Doomstead Diner Webzine

ScribD Mar 2012 Doomstead Diner Webzine

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Round Table: The Finger of God
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
Roamer and I skyped yesterday and discussed how we would manage this 150 acres of land in Western NC.  We talked for about two hours and we have a similar vision for what needs to be done.  Namely Permaculture.  The land owner is in his 70's and just looking for some younger people to husband his land sustainably.  The property is 48 miles from me. 

My vision is a permaculture haven with a tribe of people all devoted to the land.  Tomorrow I'm gonna call the land owner and talk with him, and if all goes well I'll be going to the property to assess it in person within a week.  Too much synchronicity to ignore.  I just turned 33 and Tuesday will be a year since I resigned from the Matrix, began training in permaculture, and left my house behind.  It may work out that I'm at his property on the 19th. 

Roamer has talked with the property owner several times now and has not gotten any red flags.  He's now waiting on me to meet the owner in person and to assess the land to see what my feelings are.  I'm planning to call the owner tomorrow. 

If all goes well I'll finish my prereq's for the nursing program (because I'm currently taking all but one...microbiology, which I'll take this summer regardless).  Roamer will move onto the property to live and get things going.  I'll be spending weeks at a time there during the summer and probably stay most of the fall.  If things are working out I'll forgo the nursing program.

There's a long way to go towards making this happen, but so far so good.  I'll keep ya'll posted.

Wow. Just Wow.

For this to occur on precisely the 1 Year Anniversary of the Diner cannot be COINKIDINK.  It HAS to be the FINGER OF GOD.

What are the chances Roamer would locate a Septuagenarian with 150 acres looking for philosophically compatible younger folks to work the land?

What are the chances at the SAME TIME there would be ANOTHER young Diner just 48 Miles away who could scope it out?

What are the chances this would ALL occur on the 1 Year Anniversary of the Diner?

I dunno, I can't calculate that, but it sure seems smaller chance than Winning the LOTTO.

The Finger of GOD!

Can't wait to hear the onsite report. TAKE PICTURES!

RE
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:44:01 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Round Table
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »
I have climbed Ayers Rock in the "finger of god' picture or Uluru the Aboriginal name, many tourists do climb it every day, but wandering around up there gave me the most amazing feeling of being so far away from civilization. Timeless like the aboriginals would have seen it from up there thousands of years before.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Round Table: The Finger of God
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 07:23:54 PM »

For this to occur on precisely the 1 Year Anniversary of the Diner cannot be COINKIDINK.  It HAS to be the FINGER OF GOD.

What are the chances Roamer would locate a Septuagenarian with 150 acres looking for philosophically compatible younger folks to work the land?

What are the chances at the SAME TIME there would be ANOTHER young Diner just 48 Miles away who could scope it out?

What are the chances this would ALL occur on the 1 Year Anniversary of the Diner?

I dunno, I can't calculate that, but it sure seems smaller chance than Winning the LOTTO.

The Finger of GOD!

Can't wait to hear the onsite report. TAKE PICTURES!

RE

I guess this could be your way of inviting Ashole to the Pahhhty?  You know what happens to a thread after the word "God" appears.  If this shit happens again on this thread - it's on you.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:26:44 PM by JoeP »
just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »
You know what happens to a thread after the word "God" appears.  If this shit happens again on this thread - it's on you

Party Pooper :-[ :-[  Not fair and totally uncalled for. Might be time to take the punch bowl away DM, or show proof of a designated driver. Lets get back to the MUSIC  :icon_sunny:

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Am back from DC at long last. Long day. Extraordinary day.

The Forward on Climate rally sponsored by Sierra Club and 350.org, called for President Obama to take immediate action on climate change, with many calling for the government to block the construction of the oil pipeline known as Keystone XL.
Participants listed to a variety of talks from luminaries, including 350.org President Bill McKibben, who tweeted, "Today was one of the best days of my life, because I saw the movement come together finally, big and diverse and gorgeous."

Those in attendance later marched through the streets bearing placards and massed on the National Mall, where speakers and musicians addressed the crowd.

There was also much opposition to fracking, and much support for clean, alternative fuels. neither Charles nor David Koch were spotted in the crowd.

There will be those who say there weren't that many people there. They would be wrong. Here are a couple of pictures. We're just too bushed to write anything more tonight!

Volunteers distributed posters to hold up for those without signs.

The wind power lobby.

People seemed to have come from all over the east. New York, PA, WV, MD, Ohio, even saw Occupy Atlanta.

Local Occupiers at rally.

More local Occupiers at rally.

Obvious "domestic terroroists" in action.

Occupy was well represented.

The fabulous Contrary.

A taste of the crowd. And this was still early in the day. before most has arrived. The National Mall was pretty filled.

Contrary with thuggish bodyguard.

The money shot.

That's all for now. Good night, ladies and gentles . . .
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »
There will be those who say there weren't that many people there. They would be wrong. Here are a couple of pictures.

Thanks Surly and Contrary, What a hopeful sight to see so many citizens trying to make democracy work.  :icon_sunny: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Round Table: A Mission from God
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »

I guess this could be your way of inviting Ashole to the Pahhhty?  You know what happens to a thread after the word "God" appears.  If this shit happens again on this thread - it's on you.

Nah, I have used The Finger of God as a metaphor on numerous occassions, it even appears on the Blog.

I'm not a big fan of Watson's take on God, but he sure is not the only one here with an Opinion on God, or Goddess, or Gods or Aliens...etc.

When I see something occur which is at the far end of what you could consider "Probable", I look for reasons.  My whole fucking LIFE is IMPROBABLE.  By any reaonable analysis, I should not still be alive and pounding the keyboard here on the Doomstead Diner AT ALL.  I should be DEAD dozen times over by now.  But I am not.

Finger of God. I am here for a REASON, and it is not my time yet to walk into the Great Beyond.  Nor is it Surly's time either.  He's out there in the Trenches, as usual, while I write the Propaganda, as usual.  We are on a MISSION FROM GOD:icon_mrgreen:

Surly & RE

RE
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:03:07 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
GO can we have the punchbowl back, I think WHD is thirsty from dancing! :icon_mrgreen:
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
Hell, Bob, it's five o'clock somewhere!

Let WHD kep dancing. The party lasts all week.

Can't wait until I find a spare minute to post a few vids myself.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Can't wait until I find a spare minute to post a few vids myself.

Look forward to seeing it!

Offline buzzard

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
Thought that I would drop by even though I have nothing to say. I didn't exactly forget the anniversary, just busy doing nonsensical things as usual. One year. Damn! To be honest I'll be surprised if we are all here next year celebrating year two. But, who knows? I expected the wheels to come off long before now. It is true that the more successful the Diner becomes the more likely it is to be stepped on. That's why I have always believed that it is better to remain below a certain threshold of size in order to remain effective for a longer period of time.

It is gratifying to hear about the land thing LD and Roamer. We're down to it. I have two garden beds prepared with two to go. Plus I am beginning construction of a new bed next week. [It's all raised bed because we live in Stone Co.  :icon_mrgreen:] Continuing to wire the shop to handle 220 for the band saw and welder. Fencing the west pasture some time this year.

Is there any Jack Daniels around? I sure could use a drink. 

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »
Thought that I would drop by even though I have nothing to say. I didn't exactly forget the anniversary, just busy doing nonsensical things as usual. One year. Damn! To be honest I'll be surprised if we are all here next year celebrating year two. But, who knows? I expected the wheels to come off long before now. It is true that the more successful the Diner becomes the more likely it is to be stepped on. That's why I have always believed that it is better to remain below a certain threshold of size in order to remain effective for a longer period of time.

I think there will be another year for the Diner. The shenanigans committed by the numerous central banks are not even in full swing yet. Only the Fed has undergone a QE to infinity program. Super Mario of the ECB and Abe of Japan have only made a pledge to do "whatever it takes" sooner or later I am sure those pledges will have to be matched with actions to print to cover (which they will do to kick the can down the round). That dynamic can go on for sometime and I suspect it will only reach a head when the decline in oil production can no longer be denied. With high unemployment and high inflation people will blame those things on money printing (even though the true cause is peak oil and declining net energy) and those QE programs will no longer be effective. I don't see that happening in the US within the next year though because first Japan and the EU got to have an implosion first. My general prediction is the TEOTWAWKI event will occur between 4-10 years or 18-24 months after the decline of oil production begins in earnest. Still at the plateau on oil production so the monetary jig can still go on to paper over the cracks.

Also remember the US government (and other world governments for that matter) will hire the brightest sparks in the world to perpetuate this lie as long as possible. Combination of accounting fraud, financial fraud and PR (or more accurate propaganda) will be deployed to keep this game going. If you want to predict how long this lasts you must play devil's advocate and pretend you are Bernanke and know what the REAL deal is but wish to confuse J6P for as long as possible so the pigmen can cash out their wealth out of the US or some other ill thought plan of "preserving" wealth.

Is there any Jack Daniels around? I sure could use a drink.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
That dynamic can go on for sometime and I suspect it will only reach a head when the decline in oil production can no longer be denied. With high unemployment and high inflation people will blame those things on money printing (even though the true cause is peak oil and declining net energy) and those QE programs will no longer be effective. I don't see that happening in the US within the next year though because first Japan and the EU got to have an implosion first. My general prediction is the TEOTWAWKI event will occur between 4-10 years or 18-24 months after the decline of oil production begins in earnest. Still at the plateau on oil production so the monetary jig can still go on to paper over the cracks.

Also remember the US government (and other world governments for that matter) will hire the brightest sparks in the world to perpetuate this lie as long as possible.

Monsta, from your lips to God's (or the Goddess', in deference to WHD) ear. Even though Elvis thinks it will be two years. Four may be more like it. The middle class of this country still has some residual weath to cook out before it is time to Board The Trains. And remember, You May Take One Bag.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »
The Dollar definitely doesn't go down until after the Euro & Yen collapse.  That's going force a mad scramble for Dollars and unwinding this by itself will take a couple of years I am sure.  The period will see rapidly rising UE and BKs, then at some point AFRICOM goes to War with the Chinese and the Conscription begins.  I'll put that out at 4 years.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN