AuthorTopic: 💻 Collapse Computer Calamities  (Read 1480 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 💻 Collapse Computer Calamities
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 11:09:59 AM »
See now I thought you bought a lap & monitor, not a monitor & tower & then later on
you mentioned it's all in 1 ..........

You old farts need to square your shit away better.

Crystal clear amigo, c'mon man.....

I need at least a day to re-bid !
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »
Intel now use i9 as their top of the line model for the Intel Core series. Also your spec sheet shows the i7 processor to be 4th generation, we are currently on the 9th generation so it is behind with the times. DDR4 is the RAM used for new computers but your spec says DDR3. Based on those facts I figure the computer would cost around $350-$400 but since those figures have already been taken then I will go with $500.

Monsta's WAG cost estimates
Processor = $200
RAM = $70
SSD = $50
Operating system = $100
Rest = $50

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 01:41:35 PM »
Intel now use i9 as their top of the line model for the Intel Core series. Also your spec sheet shows the i7 processor to be 4th generation, we are currently on the 9th generation so it is behind with the times. DDR4 is the RAM used for new computers but your spec says DDR3. Based on those facts I figure the computer would cost around $350-$400 but since those figures have already been taken then I will go with $500.

Monsta's WAG cost estimates
Processor = $200
RAM = $70
SSD = $50
Operating system = $100
Rest = $50

You didn't estimate in the cost of the Monitor, it's the total system cost, not just the computer.

You can pick the same figure as somebody else if youwant to and think it's the best number.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »
Linux is free.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 03:11:19 PM »
I'm stickin' with $789..... All in One's have come down in price & RE's a frugal eagle.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
I'm stickin' with $789..... All in One's have come down in price & RE's a frugal eagle.

This one is not an All-in-One.  It's a small form factor tower with a separate monitor.  Total cost is for the computer + monitor.  That is what the estimate should be for.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 03:14:44 PM »
You didn't estimate in the cost of the Monitor, it's the total system cost, not just the computer.

You can pick the same figure as somebody else if youwant to and think it's the best number.

RE

I thought you only bought a computer with no monitor. In that case if the monitor is 32 inch then I go for $700.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 03:23:51 PM »
$580
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is a BIG FUCKING MESS!!

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
If triple 6 is confused .... Houston WE GOT a problem  :coffee:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 05:05:58 PM »
Nice work in the Supercomputer Kewpie Contest Diners!  Actual price to be revealed tomorrow.

One more time for clarification, last chance to correct your bid before the contest ends.

1- Your cost estimate should be for the TOTAL of the Computer + 32" Monitor.  A computer without a monitor is like a car without wheels  You won't get very far with it.

2-  The computer has been revealed to be a REFURBISHED model, so your Kewpie Doll Winning Window is now only $100.

If you haven't yet submitted your bid, you have until High Noon tomorrow, Alaska Time.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
💻 The NEW Diner Super Computer ACTUAL COST & Kewpie Doll Winner
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »
Sorry I'm lat for the High Noon revelation of the cost of my new machine and the Diner Kewpie Doll winner for this contest, but I was napping. lol.

OK, here you go:

Computer Cost:        $420
32" Monitor Cost:      $160
Total Cost:              $580

Winner of the Big Kewpie hands down is Knarf, who came in with an estimate of $580!  RIGHT ON THE MONEY!  :o

Lots of good guesses though, so I am giving small Kewpies to everyone who took a stab at it.  You can pick the race of your choice for your Kewpie.  lol.

More on this later, I have a call to make on my Tombstone, now arrived in from ...somewhere.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 💻 The NEW Diner Super Computer ACTUAL COST & Kewpie Doll Winner
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 03:03:54 PM »
Sorry I'm lat for the High Noon revelation of the cost of my new machine and the Diner Kewpie Doll winner for this contest, but I was napping. lol.

OK, here you go:

Winner of the Big Kewpie hands down is Knarf, who came in with an estimate of $580!  RIGHT ON THE MONEY!  :o

Lots of good guesses though, so I am giving small Kewpies to everyone who took a stab at it.  You can pick the race of your choice for your Kewpie.  lol.

More on this later, I have a call to make on my Tombstone, now arrived in from ...somewhere.

RE

You cut & pasted the dolls into coneheads .... Nice touch.

Betcha thought we wouldn't notice. You sly dawg.

File this in the BTW folder, your contest was vague & confusing, probably rigged & the winning contestant had external celestial assistance  :icon_sunny:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 03:23:19 PM »
File this in the BTW folder, your contest was vague & confusing, probably rigged & the winning contestant had external celestial assistance  :icon_sunny:

:P  Sour Grapes.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »

OK, here you go:

RE

You cut & pasted the dolls into coneheads .... Nice touch.

Betcha thought we wouldn't notice. You sly dawg.

LOL!

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is a BIG FUCKING MESS!!

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »

:P  Sour Grapes.

RE

Nice moose rack Knarf ............