AuthorTopic: Travels with My Cripple Cart  (Read 3706 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Travels with My Cripple Cart
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
All those dentista's in Los Algodonas' B.C. are trained at Loma Linda College in Pasadena Calif.

1st thing I do when I visit quack-a-demia is check their sheepskins.

Those cats in Algo do great work. Friendly, load the boat on pain killers to make sure your comfy relaxed. Stellar choice  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:50 PM »
All those dentista's in Los Algodonas' B.C. are trained at Loma Linda College in Pasadena Calif.

Those cats in Algo do great work. Friendly, load the boat on pain killers to make sure your comfy relaxed. Stellar choice  :icon_sunny:

Been there before on recommendation from some Alaskans who used this dentista.  Got my extractions done for 10 cents on the dollar.  Up here, that would have run me around $9000.  Down there, less than $1000.  The whole vacation including a 1st class hotel suite and rent a car all easily paid for.  Anybody who uses an Amerikan Dentista is fucking nuts.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »

Been there before on recommendation from some Alaskans who used this dentista.  Got my extractions done for 10 cents on the dollar.  Up here, that would have run me around $9000.  Down there, less than $1000.  The whole vacation including a 1st class hotel suite and rent a car all easily paid for.  Anybody who uses an Amerikan Dentista is fucking nuts.

RE

An old mining friend whom I learned a tremendous amount of legaleze knowledge dealing with uncle cracker on mine claims got a complete grill job
for just that amount. Pulled out the old rot & put in shiny new material. Two trips down there about a month apart & the job was done. That town has expanded to include other cosmetic surgeries such as nip & tucks, boob jobs, lypo, etc....
Yuma has very nice accommodations & great restaurants right at the off ramp. I think the border closes at 8 p.m. & opens at 8 as well. It's the only way to fly
on  meatsuit rehabs   :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Travels with My Cripple Cart: The SUN☼ Monument Placement Adventure
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »
The SUN☼ Monument Placement Adventure is BOOKED!  :icon_sunny:

The stones ship out of Tacoma on a Flatbed tomorrow or Friday and will arrive in Springfield next Mon or Tue.  We will set the stones on their Eternal Resting Place on either Fri, Aug 30th or Mon, Sep 2nd, to coincide with my Birthday on Aug 31st.  I went with a Flatbed instead of FedEx for half the price because it stays on one truck for the whole ride.  Besides, it's good to support the Independent Truckers out there, those are my Brothers.  I spent so much money on this project already it's fucking Chump Change in difference.  I'm not going to cheapskate this now.

I will be flying down via Alaska Airlines building up my Frequent Flyer miles and burning more Jet Fuel on Aug 28th.  This one will be a real challenge, I got 3 planes to negotiate, I go through Seattle and Dallas.  That's 3 loads and unloads of the Cripple Cart to the aircraft.  :o  At least I only gotta go through TSA once though.

I'll be staying at a Bates Motel near the Cemetery, a Motel 6.  Tom Burdett is leaving the light on for me. lol.  I got a good Weekly Rate and I left the trip open ended.  I am going to try also to get my Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD circa 1989 out of storage and fixed up and then drive it back to Brian's place in Couer d'Alene, ID.  It was in pristine condition when I dropped it in the storage unit over a decade ago.  However, at the very least now it needs a new Batt, new Tires, all fluids drained and replaced, and WTF knows what else.  Minimum $1000 to get it road worthy I am sure.  I'll also need to have it Detailed, since it probably has a layer of dust on it a foot thick. lol.

I also may try to wedge in a trip to Old Mejico for a visit with my Mexican Dentista to have a rebuild done on the teeth.  That might be too much for one trip though.

If any Diners want to come for the Placement Ceremony, book for Aug 30th-Sept 2nd long weekend.  Not that I expect anybody to come of course.  Maybe somebody will make it there for my Funeral after I Buy My Ticket to the Great Beyond. lol.  I'll get plenty of video though regardless.

You might think I would stay with my sister and save the money on the Bates Motel, but that would make for a very unpleasant trip.  It would be a BIG BURDEN for her.  ::)  Even picking me up at the airport is a BIG BURDEN, so I am contracting a Cripple Cab to pick me up at that end too.  I'll probably have to subject myself to one dinner out with her though.

If I get the Jeep fixed up, I'll take the scenic route.  I'll let the Diners know where I'm headed for a possible meet up.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Travels with My Cripple Cart: The Swinging Cripple
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »
Did you know they have swings for cripples in school playgrounds now?  I didn't.   Hadda try this out, of course. lol.  You are free to nominate me for a Darwin Award.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sXOe4RKqfjA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sXOe4RKqfjA</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
👨🏻‍🦼 Travels with My Cripple Cart: The Next Generation
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 11:09:05 AM »
I have found my new Cripple Cart manufactured by Segway, the self-balancing Scooter folks!  :icon_sunny:

Unfortunately it looks like I need to wait until 2021 for it to become available.  :(

It does a whopping 24 MPH!  That's 4 times as fast as either of my current Cripple Carts and 2X faster than my 2 wheel Scooter!  I could ride that thing all the way into Palmer in around 15 minutes!

No announcement of what it will cost yet.

RE

https://gizmodo.com/segway-makes-a-self-balancing-stroller-for-adults-1840683024

Segway Makes a Self-Balancing Stroller for Adults

Photo: Segway-Ninebot

There were lots of great reasons to hate on the original Segway: it was overhyped, it was expensive, it was easy to fall off, but most disappointing was that it required extensive standing. We were promised a future with minimal physical exertion, and Segway-Ninebotís new S-Pod personal transporter finally delivers thatóalmost two decades later.

Like the original Segway, the S-Pod does the whole self-balancing on two wheels trick which the brand is mostly known for. But to make climbing aboard a little easier, and a little more stable, a third wheel has been added that the S-Pod can rest on when it has come to a stop.
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Instead of leaning forwards and back to control the S-Podís acceleration, the rider uses a navigation panel and a knob.
Instead of leaning forwards and back to control the S-Podís acceleration, the rider uses a navigation panel and a knob.
Photo: Segway-Ninebot

In lieu of the original Segwayís handlebar-mounted controls which allowed riders to simply lean forward or backward to accelerate or slow down, the S-Pod features a navigation panel and a manually operated control knob which causes the vehicle itself to shift its center of gravity forward and back.

The rider simply has to sit back and enjoy the ride, which can hit speeds of almost 25 miles per hour, with an anticipated range of almost 44 miles thatís almost certainly dependent on the terrain, conditions, rider, and speed the S-Pod is cruising at. The aforementioned control pad can even be removed and used to operate the S-Pod remotely so that riders who arenít comfortable with driving using a joystick can still climb aboard.

But the S-Pod is in no way being positioned as a replacement for self-powered wheelchairs, and it appears to cater to mostly able-bodied passengers. Weíll have an opportunity to try it out in person at CES 2020 next week in Las Vegas, but based on the handful of shots that Segway-Ninebot has released so far, getting in and out of the S-Pod wonít be as easy or as accommodating as wheelchairs are. And while the self-balancing trick is neat, itís completely dependent on power to work, and the last thing someone who requires a mobility device needs is their wheelchair toppling over when the battery dies.
You Can Soon Buy That Tiny Scooter That Looks Like a Laptop You Can Ride

A Segway you can carry in a laptop bag? Thatís what Cocoa Motors promised when it revealed theÖ
Read more

As with the original Segway, the S-Pod has lots of advantages over other electric vehicles as its ability to spin on two wheels gives it a zero turning radius, so it would potentially be less obtrusive to operative in places like airports, theme parks, or even shopping malls. But the S-Pod is currently just a concept that Segway-Ninebot promises to have running at CES 2020 next week, and it could potentially hit the same speed bumps the original Segway didówhich arguably never lived up to the impossible level of hype that preceded it. That being said, Segway-Ninebot, you had me at ďno more standing.Ē
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:58:50 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Waiting a whole year to buy the THRONE OF CRIPPLE CARTS is going to be a real trial of my patience.  ::)  Can you think of anything more appropriate for the KING OF COLLAPSE CRIPPLES?  ;D  The fucking thing is designed and built already!  WTF is taking them so long to put it into production? ???   :icon_scratch:  The Chinese have tons of unemployed workers and workers doing Gig jobs these days, not to mention all the American factory workers currently receiving pink slips.  Put these people to work!  There are cripples out there desperate for this product!

The articles say they will have it available for biznesses in Quarter 3 of 2019.  I am going to see if I can buy it through the Sustaining Universal Needs Foundation!  :icon_sunny:  I'll also promise to write an article praising it for the SUN Blog and for the Anchorage Daily News, assuming it lives up to its specs.  :icon_sunny:

I hope there are no issues shipping it to Alaska!  :-\ If there are, I'll have to have one shipped to Brian and then figure out how to get it up here myself.  I might have to fly down to the Lower 48 to pick it up.  I'll have to see what kind of Batts it uses at what total Voltage and how many Watt Hours total if I am going to bring it back on the plane with me.  I might have to pull the batts and then ship them separate or buy a new set of some kind up here I can make fit.  One way or the other, I am going to get one of these mother fuckers!

RE

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2020/01/04/the-segway-s-pod-is-a-24mph-throne-on-wheels/

The Segway S-Pod is a 24mph throne on wheels
Story by Napier Lopez

Weíre at the dawn of the era of electric vehicles. There are electric cars, electric bikes, electric scooters, and nowÖ electric chairs? No, not the torture-murdery kind, but rather Segway has designed what is essentially a futuristic wheelchair for people who donít need a wheelchair. If youíve always wanted to try a Segway but wished you could down while doing it, this is the vehicle for you.

The company says it envisions the vehicle being used to let people navigate places like theme parks, airports, campuses, and maybe even some cities. In other words, itís not really meant as the type of vehicle youíd cruise down a bike lane with Ė itís obnoxiously large for that. Then again, Iím not sure a large, presumably heavy vehicle capable of traveling 24 miles per hour should be zipping through airports either.

Unlike traditional Segways, which are controlled by leaning your body back and forth, the S-Pod uses a joystick. Iím having a little trouble seeing how itís better than a normal powered wheelchair with four wheels (the S-Pod has a few extra wheels which are presumably to lug the unit around when turned off). Mind you, the S-Pod doesnít seem to be designed with users who do need a wheelchair in mind.

The S-Pod is expected to launch in Q3 of 2020 for businesses, and everyday customers will be able to purchase one in 2021.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:04:04 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

Waiting a whole year to buy the THRONE OF CRIPPLE CARTS is going to be a real trial of my patience.  ::)  Can you think of anything more appropriate for the KING OF COLLAPSE CRIPPLES?  ;D  The fucking thing is designed and built already!  WTF is taking them so long to put it into production? ???   :icon_scratch:  The Chinese have tons of unemployed workers and workers doing Gig jobs these days, not to mention all the American factory workers currently receiving pink slips.  Put these people to work!  There are cripples out there desperate for this product!
//
  One way or the other, I am going to get one of these mother fuckers!

RE

Are there no prisons? Is there no slave labor? Our boy needs his mobile throne!!
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

//
  One way or the other, I am going to get one of these mother fuckers!

RE

Are there no prisons? Is there no slave labor? Our boy needs his mobile throne!!

With Prison Slave Labor, we could compete on price with the Chinese!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
✈️ RE Jet Setting again!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
Time to add my share of Carbon to the atmosphere!

I FINALLY got an appointment with a new Vascular Pro From Dover down in Seattle and have booked my Tickets down there for the end of February.  I will be flying FIRST CLASS again!  I got a fabulous deal on this one, only $150 more than Coach.  :icon_sunny:

I will NOT be flying with the Cripple Cart this time.  Twice was enough for that experience.  LOL.  I'll rent one when I get down there.

Hopefully this criminal gives me a little more hope than the last one, who basically told me I should just suffer with this the way things are until I need an AMPUTATION and get a Prosthesis.  ::)

Great way to finish out the Diner 8th Anniversary Celebration Month!  I shall report from the road, as usual.

RE
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 03:55:51 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can