AuthorTopic: 📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call  (Read 9392 times)

Offline UnhingedBecauseLucid

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: 📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
The wattage necessary for quick charge is the point that can never be reminded often enough.

Good post; but I have a small disagreement: I think Tesla is not too big too fail. At this point, the way I see it is that some egos believe themselves to be... which is a little different ;-)
Man can do what he will, but he cannot will what he wills.
~ A. Schopenhauer

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »
The wattage necessary for quick charge is the point that can never be reminded often enough.

Good post; but I have a small disagreement: I think Tesla is not too big too fail. At this point, the way I see it is that some egos believe themselves to be... which is a little different ;-)

Tesla has a shit load of corporate paper floating out there, and the TBTF Banks hold it and use it as collateral to borrow freshly printed money from Da Fed.  Tesla by itself isn't TBTF, its all the banks that hold Tesla's debt.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »
Tesla has a shit load of corporate paper floating out there, and the TBTF Banks hold it and use it as collateral to borrow freshly printed money from Da Fed.  Tesla by itself isn't TBTF, its all the banks that hold Tesla's debt.

RE

Yeah haven't you heard ...? We're in  Kunstler's "anything goes and nothing matters" era.
Shale is too big too fail for 'national security' reasons...but on the other hand, the Systems needs zombie companies as 'make work' project.
Since enough money has been printed for that, and more is on the way, expensive ones like Tesla could be let go of as an example.
You still need some semblance of market action ! You know ... to save face, keep the pretense alive.  :icon_mrgreen:
The satellite rocket launchers and the Tesla power wall and storage division will be spun off and bought ... the car division will be liquidated with the tunnel digging gimmick...

~ A. Schopenhauer

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call - April 7. 2019
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
MWU-4/7/2019 now UP on Global Economic Intersection!

http://econintersect.com/pages/opinion/opinion.php?post=201904080030

We have a WINNER with this franchise, Diners!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Collapse Cafe Coming Attractions: Another Day on the Farm with Farmgal
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2019, 03:40:50 PM »
Great chat today with Farmgal, another Canuck living the Farming Life and developing Resiliency for the oncoming Collapse of Industrial Civilization.  More than most, Farmgal really knows her stuff, practices what she preaches (and teaches) and is a wealth of information on just about anything you would like to know about small farm living.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7tyE1alhjk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7tyE1alhjk</a>

Coming Soon to a Laptop Near You on the Doomstead Diner.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Collapse Cafe: Another Day on the Farm with Farmgal - Update
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
Got a new Testimonial on the Utoob Channel comments.  :icon_sunny:

" Kitty Cats

15 hours ago
thank you! i love your show!"

We are also up to 324 Viewers on the European Collapse show with Hepp.   :o  Follow up scheduled to be recorded on Thursday.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Great chat today with Farmgal, another Canuck living the Farming Life and developing Resiliency for the oncoming Collapse of Industrial Civilization.  More than most, Farmgal really knows her stuff, practices what she preaches (and teaches) and is a wealth of information on just about anything you would like to know about small farm living.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7tyE1alhjk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7tyE1alhjk</a>

RE

Well done. Glad you're getting her on the Diner.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

RE

Well done. Glad you're getting her on the Diner.

Fabulous chat.  We even covered Pigs as work animals, not just food animals!  Also economics of small farms, whole circle farming, butchery, and extensive discussion of horses.  Also Gunz & Firearms and trapping.  She's a Lifer, born to Back to the Land hippies in the 70s, got her first rifle when she was 8.  With all that, we barely scratched the surface.  Talk about a great resource!

Technicals also came out good on this one, only a couple of glitches but I am running backups now.  I have the Audio-Only podcast edited already, the Vidcast will take a bit longer.  I also have more Brexit Bullshit to chat up with Jason that probably goes up this Sunday ahead of FarmGal anyhow.  So you'll have to wait a bit.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Collapse Cafe Coming Attractions: NEW Farmgal Trailer!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 04:29:08 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FtYmNDI4UzM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FtYmNDI4UzM</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Brexit Bullshit Deja Vu All Over Again
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2019, 07:11:28 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner April 14, 2019

Audio Only:

(audio-only MP3 provided in case you want to multi-task and listen while sitting in traffic on the way to work in your cubicle or digging post holes for your fencing on the Doomstead or kneeling by the throne and Praying to the Porcelain God)

Visit Part 1 of the Brexit Kabuki Theater in:

Europe Special Collapse Wake-Up Call Edition: Brexit & Gilet Jaunes – Send in the B.U.M.s.

Well, we had another couple of weeks of Collapse Drama with Brexit, with the totally predictable result that once again, the can has been kicked down the road, this time until Halloween, October 31st, 2019.  Personally, if they want to go with a Horror Film Theme, they should have picked Friday the 13th, which next falls in September.  I'd really like to see Jason Voorhees set loose in the House of Lords and the European Parliament.  Maybe that would motivate the surviving Pols to actually get something DONE?

Now that we have achieved another Can Kick, all newz of Brexit will disappear from the FSoA MSM until October.  What will we DO without this Horror Show hitting the front page of Google Newz every Day?  No worries, SOMEBODY in Eurotrashland is bound to pick up the slack, a leading candidate for this is the Italians.  According to Don Quijones on Wolfstreet, their banks are on the ropes…AGAIN!

Italy already boasts the largest public debt pile in Europe in nominal terms, clocking in at €2.14 trillion, as well as the second largest in relative terms after Greece’s twice bailed out economy. Rome just forecast that public debt would hit a new record high of 132.6% of GDP this year. That record is unlikely to last very long given Italy’s stagnating economy and the government’s determination to cut taxes, reduce the retirement age and introduce a citizens’ basic income.

The biggest problem with Italy’s economy is that many of its problems are chronic and deep seated. Many of them date back to the adoption of the euro, in 2000, or in the case of Rome’s massive addiction to public debt, to the 1980s. As the OECD points out, real GDP in Italy is still well below its pre-crisis peak. Italy is also the only OECD country where incomes (as measured by GDP per capita) are no higher than in 2000. By contrast, in France, Spain, the UK and Germany they have risen during the same period by 13%, 17%, 21% and 23 respectively.

The IMF now envisages Italy’s public debt ratio ratcheting up to 134.4% of GDP in 2020 to 138.5% in 2024. As the debt increases, so too will the interest payments on the debt. That is unsustainable, especially with much of that debt scheduled to fall due in the next few years. In 2019 alone, Italy has an eye-watering €250 billion of bond redemptions to fund, which is roughly the equivalent of all Eurozone bond maturities this year.

It never ceases to amaze me how all the major problems in Europe that hit the newz seem to occur sequentially.  You never get 2 of these Mega-Crises hitting simultaneously.  It's like TBTB can't Multi-Task, they can only focus on one thing at a time.  How come the crises cooperate with them though and never come in bunches?  Is there some kind of planning here going on in the shadows?  Great fodder there for Conspiracy Theorizing!

Anyhow, hope you enjoy this installment of the Brexit Clown Show, since it is likely to be the last you'll hear about it here in the FSoA until the Goblins come out in the Walmart costume aisle in October.  The Brits however are likely to be further inundated with a daily dose of crap they are already completely fed up with.  It's kind of like getting the same Tweet from Trumpovetsky over and over again for 2 years.

Tangentially, we also discussed the situation with Julian Assange and the possible extradition to the FSoA, or maybe to Sweden if they dredge up the rape charges again.  On the scale of places I would want to be extradited to though, Sweden definitely gets the nod as first choice over the FSoA.

We'll move on here on the Diner next week to the practical subject of setting yourself up for resiliency when SHTF Day arrives on the shores of the FSoA, Canada and the rest of the English Speaking countries that tend to dominate the Diner in readership.  After that, who knows?  The Collapse Landscape changes on a Daily basis these days.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Bullshit Deja Vu All Over Again
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
I had to cut my clip from this vid out of the Intro for the Brexit Bullshit chat with Hepp.  Fucking Utoob said it was copyright infringement, even though the vid said it was royalty & copyright free.  I had to cut it and get a full new copy loaded.  Cost me 2 hours of sleep last night.

I am still working on work arounds for this nonsense.

Enjoy the Last Days of the Empire the SUN  :icon_sunny: is finally setting on.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UD04yHDrvRc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UD04yHDrvRc</a>
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Bullshit Deja Vu All Over Again 4 14 2019
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2019, 06:41:46 PM »
There's too much background noise and resonance makes the already low-fi audio signal from the guest's webcam too blurry.
You should go back to using a conference system like you used to do back in the days...
Even the YouTube live streaming option which gets recorded anyway and can be watched later could be a good option.
~ A. Schopenhauer

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Bullshit Deja Vu All Over Again 4 14 2019
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2019, 06:58:42 PM »
There's too much background noise and resonance makes the already low-fi audio signal from the guest's webcam too blurry.
You should go back to using a conference system like you used to do back in the days...
Even the YouTube live streaming option which gets recorded anyway and can be watched later could be a good option.

The Google Hangouts system I used to use is not an option.

Skype usually has decent audio, this time was bad though.  Wait until next week's conversation with FarmGal, much better audio signal.  Capturing the audio direct also not an option at the moment, at least with the software I bought it doesn't work for shit.

I'll work on the background noise.  I have a DC batt charger running all the time with a cooling fan, plus my fridge also makes noise and my fucking chair is squeaky.  LOL.

Lotta annoying technicals here to work out.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »

Google hang-out wasn't so bad I thought.
One on one interviews should be far less demanding than a 3-4-5 person tele-conference you sometimes had.
I think Google hang-out may have been updated since then. Not sure about the innards, but the interface has changed.
~ A. Schopenhauer

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »

Google hang-out wasn't so bad I thought.
One on one interviews should be far less demanding than a 3-4-5 person tele-conference you sometimes had.
I think Google hang-out may have been updated since then. Not sure about the innards, but the interface has changed.

It requires an app now that is ridiculously complex.  I'm not going back to it.  I quit using the system because of the changes they made.  I use this stuff my friend, I know what works and what does not.

RE
Save As Many As You Can