AuthorTopic: 📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call  (Read 4858 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: The RE & Monsta Mash - Collapse June 10, 2019: UPDATE
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2019, 03:49:18 AM »
read for comprehension.

I read for comprehension just fine.  That IS a violation of the CoC.  That is also vocabulary usage I have eliminated from my posting.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2019, 04:09:57 AM »
read for comprehension.

I read for comprehension just fine.  That IS a violation of the CoC.  That is also vocabulary usage I have eliminated from my posting.

RE

Nice job of ignoring the main point, reframing and citing the attribution (to yourself, I might add) out of context. One might assume you are a Republican messaging consultant. Very Frank Luntz of you.

Are mis-contextualization and deception also "violations of the CoC?" Or do such "violations" occur only when you're being beaten like a rented mule in an argument?
Asking for a friend.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2019, 04:33:58 AM »
Or do such "violations" occur only when you're being beaten like a rented mule in an argument?

Making an analogy between me and a rented mule is a Violation of the CoC.  Disrespect in extremis.

You lost this debate quite some time back.  About none of your posts would have passed muster at NYC Debate Championships against Bronx High School of Science.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »
Or do such "violations" occur only when you're being beaten like a rented mule in an argument?

Making an analogy between me and a rented mule is a Violation of the CoC.  Disrespect in extremis.

You lost this debate quite some time back.  About none of your posts would have passed muster at NYC Debate Championships against Bronx High School of Science.

RE

Where does it say that the wayback machine is superior to today's approach ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »

RE

Where does it say that the wayback machine is superior to today's approach ?

How about the Time Tunnel?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDowitqL1Rc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mDowitqL1Rc</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2019, 04:48:55 AM »

The "CoCô" is a remarkably flexible and convenient cudgel, is it not. Cue another chorus of "Power of God on a Forum."
At least you got the "disrespect" part right.

You lost this debate quite some time back. 

Only in your own mind.

RE

About none of your posts would have passed muster at NYC Debate Championships against Bronx High School of Science.

So now after seven years, that's the standard? One wonders how many of your own posts would have failed that same standard. As well as wondering how many new and imaginary standards you'll drag out after losing future arguments.
I'll give you this: you are crating new standards for desperation.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Wingsuiting off the Seneca Cliff - Coming Attractions
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VK7QJW5wfSU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VK7QJW5wfSU</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2019, 06:53:07 AM »
At least you got the "disrespect" part right.

Your opinion has been Duly Noted & Filed.

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call: Extinction Conundrum Update 6
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »
A NEW Benchmark MILESTONE!

Extinction Conundrum has now hit 500 Views/Listens/Downloads!!!!  :o :o

Quadruple Digits is on the Horizon now!  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RrZ9XsjWSg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4RrZ9XsjWSg</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wingsuiting the Seneca Cliff - A Collapse Conversation with Ugo Bardi
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2019, 05:59:51 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE & Ugo Bardi

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner June 16, 2019

Audio Only:

(audio-only MP3 provided in case you want to multi-task and listen while sitting in traffic on the way to work in your cubicle or digging post holes for your fencing on the Doomstead or kneeling by the throne and Praying to the Porcelain God.  mp3 Audio can be downloaded from Diner Soundcloud.)

Discuss this Video at the Collapse Morning Wake-Up Call Table Inside the Diner

A great conversation with my old friend in Collapse analysis this week, Ugo Bardi.  For those of you newbies unfamiliar with Ugo, he's a professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Firenza in Italy and one of the authors of the original Limits to Growth study done in the 1970s.  Ugo is a fountain of knowledge on all areas of Collapse, who some in the field see as "overly optimistic" since he is very much a proponent of renewable energy, specifically in the area of solar photovoltaics.  I'm not entirely on the same page as Ugo on this one, but in most areas we are in general agreement on what is ongoing an what outcomes are most likely.

In today's chat, we looked at many of the issues currently impacting on Collapse, with a central focus on Italy, where Ugo resides.  It's a very good example of many of the problems we see expanding now through all the Western Industrialized natipns besides the energy issues, also the population and economic issues.

Probably the most important aspect of this chat is on the overall progress of Collapse, its rate of speed and how it is imacting all countries, not just Italy and not just the FSoA.  Too many pundits out there focus on an individual country, (the FSoA for instance) and look at how the politics are collapsing in that country, or the cultural aspect of the collapse, or the socioeconomics for that country, etc, etc, etc.  Morris Berman is particularly guilty of this kind of analysis, focusing on the FSoA collapse independent of the global collapse it is a part of.  Sorry Mo, you can't move to Old Mejico and be insulated from collapse, Mejico is collapsing too!  So is Japan, where maybe people are still real polite on the subway while they tap away on their smart phones, but those folks got almost as many problems ongoing in collapse as China does!  I doubt Mo wil do much better re-ex-patriating to Japan thaan to Mejico.  Assuming his Spanish is good, he's probably better of down there.  At least so far there the sushi isn't radioactive.

Then for those of you China Bulls out there like Pepe Escobar, Andre Vlitchek, Dmitry Orlov, Saker and a few others are concerned, China is so deep in the collapse toilet swirl it's time for the Tidy Bowl man to come in and scrub the shit stains off the porcelain. lol.  The Population Overshoot problem, Pollution problem and funny money credit problems over there DWARF those of the FSoA, in no small part because they also dwarf the FSoA in population and also showed up to the Industrialization Crap Table a Day Late and a Yuan Short.  When the Chinese get flushed here, it's going to be something to behold indeed.  However, it's really not all that important in the grand scheme, because realy, WTF CARES who is on top of the garbage heap of history?

In the interim before now and total fucking geopolitical collapse we could see a period where the controlling nations change and exchange cards, and Ugo is ready to pay his taxes to his new Chinese Overlords and Oligarchs.. For myself, if Vlad the Impaler decides to re-annex Alaska into the collapsing Ruskie Empire for one last gasp, I'll work on sprucing up my Russian vocabulary, which at the moment is pretty rudimentary.  I mean really, could Vlad be any worse than the Donald?  That's hard to imagine.

Werner von Braun had it right.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Summer Solstice Doom Days
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2019, 06:30:01 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner June 23, 2019

Audio Only:

(audio-only MP3 provided in case you want to multi-task and listen while sitting in traffic on the way to work in your cubicle or digging post holes for your fencing on the Doomstead or kneeling by the throne and Praying to the Porcelain God.  mp3 Audio can be downloaded from Diner Soundcloud.)

Discuss this Video at the Collapse Morning Wake-Up Call Table Inside the Diner

The Summer Solstice (in the Northern Hemispher where I am writing from, Winter Solstice for you Diners on the other side of the Equator in Oz, South America, Africa, India and a few other dots of land mass down under) has brought with it a healthy Dose of Doom as our path to Industrial Civilization Collapse accelerates. It was tough to select out a few choice morsels for consumption today, I left out many calamitous events that occured this week.  How much Doom can you squeeze into a 20 min Newz Briefing anyhow?

The doom events of the week were both local and international, and they steadily escalate in intensity as well as frequency much like the severe weather outbreaks we continue to experience across Flyover Country, where the latest, greatest severe weather to further destroy industrial civilization is the "Derecho".  The NWS keeps pitchout new terminology which Collapse Journalists like myself has to learn.  Personally, I liked Haboobs and Bombogenesis better than Derechos.  Really BIG Haboobs! lol.

Anyhow, I didn't get to the Derecho that blew across 1000 miles from Nebraska to South Carolina and everything in between, it was rather late breaking in the week and I already had too much stuff to cover.

What I did cover in this week's rant was first off the explosion of the refinery in Philadelphia, which was absolutely spectacular as explosions go.  The largest refinery on the East Coast, it supplies roughly 1/4 of the gasoline to that neighborhood of the country.  Said refinery also is in financial difficulty.  Interesting coinkidink, no?  Oil Prices of course responded accordingly.

Then we sail the Good Ship Doomstead Diner across the Pacific over to Hong Kong, where currently they are fielding Street Demonstrations with the Boys in Black Pajamas numbering into the 7 Digits.  Said demonstrators are a very well prepared bunch, complete with Goggles and Masks to protect against the Tear Gas and Gloves to grab the cannisters and throw them back at the Gestapo.  I think a vast improvemnt on that would be to carry a Celesta, which is the Basket Scoop used to play the sport of Jai-Lai.

Image result for jai alai gif

Moving back across the pond to the FSoA, the Political Gaffes, Backtracking and lifelong Pussy-Grabbing of the Clown-in-Chief Donalditry Trumpovetsky is covered in reasonable detail, although it's impossible to do justice to this stuff.  The real life action is so funny you can't improve on it.  lol.

So, all in all Solstice Celebration Week here on the Diner had a vast cornucopia of Doom to consume at our Feast, along with the fabulous food.  Full recipes for all those great dishes will be available on the Cooking Zone of the CollapseCafe.com YouTube Channel, as soon as I get them edited up, which who knows when that will be since I am backed up to beat the band with vids to edit.  But they'll come eventually.  Meanwhile, I'll drop some snippets on Inside the Diner, so you can find them there too.

…And that's all the Doom, this time until next time, here at the Doomstead Diner.

Save As Many As You Can

Online Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2019, 07:06:14 AM »
You're gonna have to hire an assistant for the cooking videos, I'm telling' you. All it takes to cash in on tubes is.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vZWis5iFQ4&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4vZWis5iFQ4&fs=1</a>

Nice Mormon girl.

Isn't she cute? Not the sharpest crayon in the box, but who cares?

(Hey, it worked for Howard Hughes.You remind me of Howard Hughes, in his later years.)

Notice the resemblance to the successful sailing videos?I need a Crypt Girl and I could go viral in Blocklandia.

Sodom and Gomorrah are going great guns, and that rising wind of collapse you hear in the background is mostly  ignored.

Happy Solstice to all the Diners.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 📺 Morning Collapse Wake-Up Call
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2019, 03:46:37 PM »
You're gonna have to hire an assistant for the cooking videos, I'm telling' you. All it takes to cash in on tubes is.....

Nice Mormon girl.

Isn't she cute? Not the sharpest crayon in the box, but who cares?

(Hey, it worked for Howard Hughes.You remind me of Howard Hughes, in his later years.)

How do you know?  Do you even watch my cooking vids?  Or any of the other ones?

All the cooking shows I follow have no female eye candy.  BBQ Pit Boys, Almazan Kitchen, Everything Sous-Vide, Pressure Luck, all guys with some kind of gimmick.  They all get huge numbers of views.

Here's another favorite, "Cowboy" Kent Rollins.  Does he look and sound like anybody you know?  lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vcVtHNKoEw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-vcVtHNKoEw</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can