AuthorTopic: Where are the writers like Samuel Clemens and Hunter Thompson  (Read 328 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the writers like Samuel Clemens and Hunter Thompson
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
The truth is that I don't read as much as I used to, and I expect that's true of most of us.

Because most of what needed to be said has probably been said. There is now too much tumult going on at the present, our attention is shifted to what's coming in front of us, or at least attempting to figure it out; as it should IMHO.
There's obvioulsy still value in reading past works, but more so in filtering and carving out a rich synthesis of the best it had to offer.

Things are going too fast now. We have no choice but to pay attention.

We live in a bastardized perversion of the purity of antiquity from the past.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: Where are the writers like Samuel Clemens and Hunter Thompson
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 10:31:31 PM »
The truth is that I don't read as much as I used to, and I expect that's true of most of us.

Because most of what needed to be said has probably been said. There is now too much tumult going on at the present, our attention is shifted to what's coming in front of us, or at least attempting to figure it out; as it should IMHO.
There's obvioulsy still value in reading past works, but more so in filtering and carving out a rich synthesis of the best it had to offer.

Things are going too fast now. We have no choice but to pay attention.

We live in a bastardized perversion of the purity of antiquity from the past.

We have bastards a-plenty!
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.