AuthorTopic: My Ability To Affect the Health of Aging Rock Stars Is Getting Stronger  (Read 508 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
In recent years, my attendance at a rock concert has had about a fifty-fifty chance of being correlated with the death of whatever 60's icon I went to see.

I saw:

PFunk.....Gary Shider, dead within weeks.

B.B. King....dead within a few months

Leon Russell...also dead within a year.

Now, all I have to do, evidently is just buy a ticket.

Mick Jagger: Heart Surgery Postponed Rolling Stones Tour

Singer to undergo procedure this week; full recovery expected

By DANIEL KREPS   

Mick Jagger will undergo surgery to replace a valve in his heart, Rolling Stone confirmed. As a result of the procedure and recovery period, the Rolling Stones postponed the North American leg of their No Filter tour, which ran from April 20th to July 29th.

When the postponement was initially announced, a rep for the band said, “Mick Jagger has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time as he needs medical treatment. The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible.”

Jagger said in a statement, “I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can.”

Drudge Report first reported news of the heart valve surgery, adding that the procedure will take place Friday in New York and that Jagger is expected to make a full recovery and return to touring this summer. Despite the impending procedure, paparazzi caught Jagger in good spirits Sunday when the singer and his family visited Miami.

Ronnie Wood tweeted following the postponement, “We’ll miss you over the next few weeks, but we’re looking forward to seeing you all again very soon. Here’s to Mick ~ thanks for your supportive messages it means so much to us.”

Keith Richards added, “A big disappointment for everyone but things need to be taken care of and we will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mick-jagger-heart-surgery-rolling-stones-tour-816214/

Never mind whether he recovers or not. Do I get my money back?  That's what I want to know.

So far Willie Nelson, ZZ Top, and Robert Plant are the only Really Old Rockers who have been able to resist my powers to hasten death for aging stars.

(Apparently only inclement weather saved Gordon Lightfoot from going down like the Edmund Fitzgerald. I got stuck in traffic and missed the show due to ice on the freeway.)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:04:40 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Rolling Stones were instrumental in my first love of the electric guitar. When I was 13, 1965, I got my first electric guitar for about $100. Then an Amp, $200. I had leared how to play "I Can't get no, Satisfaction" earlier on an acoustic guitar., but when I played it on the electric, I became a participant in the REAL world of rock and roll. I formed a band within 6 months, We would play "Satisfaction" and Louie, Louie, for hours. I was in love.
  Mick will be 76 this year. It is absolutely unbelievable how they have made such great rock songs for 50 years!
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)