AuthorTopic: It's About "F-Ing" TIME !  (Read 253 times)

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
It's About "F-Ing" TIME !
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:47:30 AM »

New Mexico officially replaced Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples’ Day

On Tuesday, New Mexico governor Michelle Lujan Grisham signed legislation abolishing Columbus Day as a national holiday. Instead, the state will celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day, which honors the heritage of Native Americans. It is the fifth state to do so, joining Minnesota, Alaska, Vermont, and South Dakota.

Although Christopher Columbus is commonly credited with “discovering” America, Icelandic explorer Leif Ericsson landed in the country five centuries prior. Rather than discover, Columbus jumpstarted the permanent European colonization of the Americas; a significant event, but controversy has arisen over its celebration. According to historians, Columbus and his men brutally enslaved Native Americans, subjected them to acts to extreme violence and introduced them to deadly new diseases that wiped out populations.

http://vt.co/news/us/new-mexico-officially-replaced-columbus-day-with-indigenous-peoples-day/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: It's About "F-Ing" TIME !
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:59:54 AM »

New Mexico officially replaced Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples’ Day

On Tuesday, New Mexico governor Michelle Lujan Grisham signed legislation abolishing Columbus Day as a national holiday. Instead, the state will celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day, which honors the heritage of Native Americans. It is the fifth state to do so, joining Minnesota, Alaska, Vermont, and South Dakota.

Although Christopher Columbus is commonly credited with “discovering” America, Icelandic explorer Leif Ericsson landed in the country five centuries prior. Rather than discover, Columbus jumpstarted the permanent European colonization of the Americas; a significant event, but controversy has arisen over its celebration. According to historians, Columbus and his men brutally enslaved Native Americans, subjected them to acts to extreme violence and introduced them to deadly new diseases that wiped out populations.

http://vt.co/news/us/new-mexico-officially-replaced-columbus-day-with-indigenous-peoples-day/

Five hundred years after the genocide, and the government makes October 14th "Indigenous People's Day". Pardon me while I snicker at the politics that have brought us so far, so fast. Pure silliness. Columbus Day was silly, so is Indigenous People's Day.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Kinda' like trying to smooth out a pair of permanent press slacks .....

I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 12:41:26 PM »
Five hundred years after the genocide, and the government makes October 14th "Indigenous People's Day". Pardon me while I snicker at the politics that have brought us so far, so fast. Pure silliness. Columbus Day was silly, so is Indigenous People's Day.

Christmas is silly, Thanksgiving is silly, Memorial Day is silly...all holidays are silly.  They're just an excuse to get off from work or school.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline UnhingedBecauseLucid

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 12:54:06 PM »
Christmas is silly, Thanksgiving is silly, Memorial Day is silly...all holidays are silly.  They're just an excuse to get off from work or school.

As Carlin put it : "Bullshit is the glue that binds us as a Nation..."
Man can do what he will, but he cannot will what he wills.
­~ A. Schopenhauer