AuthorTopic: Amy Helm the entitled famous  (Read 498 times)

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Amy Helm the entitled famous
« on: April 16, 2019, 05:37:27 PM »
I wrote a letter to Amy Helm. She sent two male state troopers with guns and tasers to terrorize my wife, who was home alone cooking dinner, as punishment. Followed by one trooper in the dark of night to deliver a threat to me at home alone. The threat "No law has been broken, you may attend shows, you must never write again."

If you have the chance, suggest to Amy that she use her words before hitting out. Let her know we do not approve of bullies.

If you would like a copy of the letter send me email edpell at optonline dot net.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Amy Helm the entitled famous
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »
Amy Helm the singer?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »
Yes, the singer. Levon's cute little girl. And she plays the drums just like her Dad.

But remember when her dad was stiffed one weeks pay by a club owner he went at night spread gasoline in the club and threw in a match. It exploded! This is from Levon Helm's autobiography "This wheel's on fire".

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
here is a picture
She is a 49 year old, divorced mother of two.
I am 60 years old and happily married 38 years to the mother of my three children.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:05:05 PM by edpell »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 05:21:14 AM »
That is very, very weird, Ed.

Put the letter up on the Diner.

Couple of things come to mind.

One is that you probably have grounds to sue the cops. Probably not worth it, but I understand why you'd be mad about being harassed for no good reason.

Children of famous people are often real nut cases.

Was it a fan letter? I mean, you aren't her neighbor and you're not fighting over some property issue, right?

If it was a fan letter, I'd guess either she or her husband, boyfriend, or her security guy decided you might be a stalker. I wonder if she is married to or otherwise involved romantically with a cop, has a family member who is a cop...something like that. It's not unlikely.

Totally paranoid, sounds like.

You are a local, or at least live not that far away, right? Maybe she's had stalking issues. Probably has, either real or imagined. Maybe she called Uncle Bob. He is known to have aggressive security.

Karma of fame. Sins of the fathers, etc.....

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline edpell

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »
I wrote this

Dear Amy Helm, I read with horror an interview you did. In it you said you liked to be on the road and if you did not have kids you would be on the road full time. I remember an earlier interview in which you said if you paid enough you would take the family on the road with you and just live on the road. A wonderful idea if everyone is in. I am reminded of Joni Mitchell song Coyote

...And still feel so alone
...A prisoner of the white lines on the freeway...
I tried to run away myself
To run away and wrestle with my ego
And with this flame
You put here in this Eskimo
In this hitcher
In this prisoner
Of the fine white lines
Of the white lines on the free free way

But I guess you do not see it as prison you see it as freedom. As to the lonely part? I wonder is your love of travel genetic or environmental/learned?

Why did I say horror? When I was a young 20 something and a graduate student in physics I was married and did not want to spend six months away at Brookhaven and ten six months at CERN and then six months at Fermi Lab while my wife stayed behind to work her job. So, I left physics. It was a good call for me and my personality. Margaret and I have been happy for the past 38 years. I am a Polish peasant on my fathers side. My Uncle grows strawberries in Connecticut. One my mother's side they landed at Plymouth Rock and in 350 years made it to Mystic, Connecticut, 50 miles. So, not much of a traveler. We did make it to Prague last summer for the Human Level Artificial Intelligence Conference. Prague is beautiful not sure if they have a venue for English language singers but I recommend a visit. This year Norway and Iceland. You and I have radically different views and happily we have both found a place/way to be happy.

On the music front thanks for bringing Freddy and Francine to The Barn. Please, more vocal heavy groups, maybe even some gospel? I have never seen you listed as going to Mountain View, California, home of Google. They might be a receptive audience for you.

Cheers,
Edwin Pell

edpell@optonline.net

March 4, 2018

I got back

She sent two male state troopers with guns and tasers to terrorize my wife, who was home alone cooking dinner, as punishment. Followed by one trooper in the dark of night to deliver a threat to me at home alone. The threat "No law has been broken, you may attend shows, you must never write again."

If you have the chance, suggest to Amy that she use her words before hitting out. Let her know we do not approve of bullies.