PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Frostbite Falls Daily Rant

AuthorTopic: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant  (Read 249906 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant
« Reply #1755 on: June 28, 2019, 11:28:21 AM »
Good luck and good fishing. They are rather impressive fish.

And in AK, fresh salmon really IS fresh salmon. Mmmm.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
The Kings are running big this year!  :icon_sunny:  I am semi-depressed that I can't do my own fishing, but I am going to buy a license and go out to the Little Susitna and see if I can get somebody to fish one up for me after he fishes his own up.  Alaskans are allowed to do that for each other.  I'll also cook up some Salmon on site and give it away, that should encourage the gift of at least a fillet or two.  At worst, I'll get some vid.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Fish on: Little Susitna River opens for king salmon sport fishing

I hope you manage to do this. Sounds great. Be good for you to get out in the weeds. Plus, you apparently work some wonders with salmon.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🐟 GONE FISHIN'
« Reply #1757 on: July 07, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »
The Kings are running big this year!  :icon_sunny:  I am semi-depressed that I can't do my own fishing, but I am going to buy a license and go out to the Little Susitna and see if I can get somebody to fish one up for me after he fishes his own up.  Alaskans are allowed to do that for each other.  I'll also cook up some Salmon on site and give it away, that should encourage the gift of at least a fillet or two.  At worst, I'll get some vid.  :icon_sunny:

RE

I hope you manage to do this. Sounds great. Be good for you to get out in the weeds. Plus, you apparently work some wonders with salmon.

Off to the Little Susitna River this morning to go after the KING of Salmon, Alaska Chinooks 🐟.  :icon_sunny: They can run upwards of 30lbs.

SaVANnah is all packed up with the Mobile Kitchen apparatus, just need to load in the Ewz and some last minute items.  A stop at Freddie Meyer's for more last minute items, then we gotta find a place to set up shop and once we got it set up, Brandon hits the river to FISH 🐟.  I'll try to get some ACTION video.

I'll check in later tonight if I am not too wiped.  Expecting close to 90F again today.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🐟 GONE FISHIN'
« Reply #1758 on: July 07, 2019, 01:51:06 PM »

RE

Off to the Little Susitna River this morning to go after the KING of Salmon, Alaska Chinooks 🐟.  :icon_sunny: They can run upwards of 30lbs.

SaVANnah is all packed up with the Mobile Kitchen apparatus, just need to load in the Ewz and some last minute items.  A stop at Freddie Meyer's for more last minute items, then we gotta find a place to set up shop and once we got it set up, Brandon hits the river to FISH 🐟.  I'll try to get some ACTION video.

I'll check in later tonight if I am not too wiped.  Expecting close to 90F again today.

RE

Hopefully you’ll have a great time!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🐟 GONE FISHIN' ((and returned alive!)
« Reply #1759 on: July 08, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »

RE

RE

Hopefully you’ll have a great time!

I'm still wiped out!  ::)  I am still alive though.  :icon_sunny:

click the pics to enlarge
RE River 1
RE River 1

River Bridge 1
River Bridge 1

Savannh RE 1
Savannh RE 1

No SPOILERS!  You'll get the Full Story after all the vids are edited and I write the accompanying article.

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite Falls Daily Rant
« Reply #1760 on: July 08, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
Nice! Cant wait to see the article.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.