AuthorTopic: The Alchemy Thread  (Read 987 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Alchemy Thread
« on: May 10, 2019, 03:36:26 PM »

The Secret Book of Artephius

This has been transcribed from 'In Pursuit of Gold' by 'Lapidus'. This treatise describes the entire process of preparing the philosopher's stone. There are three separate operations described here: the preparation of the 'secret fire' (the catalyst or solvent which is used throughout the whole work, without which nothing can be achieved, but which is seldom if ever mentioned in any alchemical treatise), the preparation of 'mercury' (a metallic vapor made from antimony and iron, said to resemble vulgar mercury (Hg) in appearance, necessary in the preparation of the stone) and the preparation of the stone itself.
These operations are not presented in sequence. The reader will note that the language is allusive and recondite, that several names are used to refer to the same thing and that one name is used to refer to several things. This is, however, an exceptionally clear alchemical text.
Artephius is said to have written this in the 12th century. Lapidus doesn't say who translated it (presumably from the Latin).
Comments in [square brackets] are by the transcriber.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/artephiu.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Alchemy Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »

THE BEMBINE TABLE OF ISIS.

Concerning the theurgic or magic sense in which the Egyptian priests exhibited in the Bembine Table of Isis the philosophy of sacrifice, rites, and ceremonies by a system of occult symbols, Athanasius Kircher writes:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta13.htm
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:24 PM »

Once upon a time, every religion was Janus-faced. It had its exoteric or outward side, serving or exploiting the majority of believers, and its esoteric or inward side, reserved for a few. Christianity had its esoteric side in theosophy, the science of the knowledge of God; Judaism in Kabbalah; Islam in Sufism; Hinduism in the various yogas; Paganism in its Mysteries. These esoterisms were for those with sufficient interest, motivation, and capacity to benefit from them. Entry was through initiation, whereupon, under expert guidance, the elect might embark on the lifelong and demanding quest for reality. That, at least, was the principle, however imperfect it may have been in practice.

It is different today. There is a widespread thirst for a deeper dimension to life than the consumer society can provide, and for a better explanation of its enigmas than exoteric religion or materialistic science has to offer. This thirst accounts for the popular success of books and films that feature Gnostic and occult themes, and of conspiracy theories that claim that things are ordered quite differently – for good or ill – than the public is led to believe. If anyone wants to learn more, the secrets once imparted only to initiates are there on the bookshelves, or the Internet. The doors of the sanctuary are agape, but where are the hierophants, adepts, and sages whom one hoped to find there? Most of us seem to be thrown back on our own resources, lonely travellers among the ruined monuments of ancient mysteries.

The Golden Thread is one such traveller’s offering, and this article is a sampling of it. The book stems from a series of fourteen articles in the New York-based magazine, Lapis: The Inner Meaning of Contemporary Life. Its editor, Ralph White, suggested treating the Western mystery traditions in such a way as to make them not merely historical curiosities, but relevant to his readers. These were typically people with a secure footing in contemporary life, but feeling the call of that “inner meaning” that money and status cannot buy. So I had a dual task: to give them a quick and easy course in the main episodes of Western esoterism, and to show what these have to teach us today.

https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/twisting-the-threads-the-ageless-wisdom-of-the-western-mystery-tradition

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

Posted on 2019/06/19

By Luke Miller / Truth Theory

The 7 Hermetic Principles are a group of simple condensed natural laws that work as a road map for self-liberation. Written by Hermes Trismegistus, a character whose existence blurs the lines between real and mythical.

“Master of all arts and sciences, perfect in all crafts, Ruler of the Three Worlds, Scribe of the Gods, and Keeper of the Books of Life, Thoth Hermes Trismegistus — the Three Times Greatest, the “First Intelligencer” — was regarded by the ancient Egyptians as the embodiment of the Universal Mind. While in all probability there actually existed a great sage and educator by the name of Hermes, it is impossible to extricate the historical man from the mass of legendary accounts which attempt to identify him with the Cosmic Principle of Thought.” Manly P. Hall — The Secret Teachings of All Ages

Hermes is revered as the reincarnation of Tehuti (more commonly known as Thoth), the Kemetic (Ancient Egyptian) God of Writing.

The laws were originally thought to have been passed down by oral tradition. This is when a master teacher verbally shares selected parables and axioms with disciples to preserve the teachings. This was done so only selected people would learn the information, but also for the protection of the teachers and disciples. Up until recent times, people found to be sharing this occult information could end up being burned at the stake for heresy and blasphemy. An example of this is the 16th-century Hermetic Occultist Bruno Giordano, who was burned at the stake for teaching about Hermeticism.

Written copies were made of the teachings in later centuries, with the surviving writings being named the Corpus Hermetica. This is a series of letters from Hermes, which included the 7 Hermetic Principles which are outlined below with short videos that delve deeper into the teachings.

The 7 Hermetic Principles

The Principle of Mentalism.

“THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental.”–The Kybalion.

https://truththeory.com/2019/06/19/learning-from-the-ancients-the-7-hermetic-principles/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »

Alchemy – Not Just for the Middle Ages Anymore

Mention alchemy to someone and what do they usually think of? The Middle Ages with old men in some forgotten attic, laboring over bubbling flasks filled with some unknown fluid; or in front of an oven, trying to turn molten lead into gold. These are the images of the alchemist that time, mythology, and prejudicial history have handed down to us.

It is true, that many of the early alchemists were the forerunners of the modern sciences. Physics and chemistry are indebted to these early ‘puffers’ as they are despairingly called, for from their hours of sweat and travail, a host of modern advances came: porcelain, alcohol distillation, acids, salts, and a variety of metallic compounds, are the results of early alchemical experiments.

But if alchemy wasn’t just a foolish waste of time in the search for a means to turn base metals into gold, what was it?

https://www.shift.is/2019/07/alchemy-not-just-for-the-middle-ages-anymore/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »

THE ALCHEMY OF AUTHENTICITY
BY OMTIMES MAGAZINE
July 06, 2019

There has been an increase in people searching for answers and questioning their belief systems and authenticity.
The Alchemy of Being Authentic

By Maryne Hachey

Times are sure changing for anyone spiritually aware or otherwise, and there is a collective awareness that humanity is tuning into. What I have noticed is how many of us are struggling with the influx of heavy energy that has moved across the planet, and if you feel cloudy or heavy, you are not alone.

For some time now my Guides have been pressing me to get writing and sharing my perspective and wisdom with others as there has been an increase of people searching for answers and questioning their belief systems and authenticity.

For the last few years, people we have grown to love and look to in the spiritual community have either passed on or completely changed their practices and have fallen off the axes causing many to really question their own path and direction, so I want to address this and encourage you if I may.

It is amazing when someone called to service is inspired to change and share those changes, but what if their changes negate the very foundations of your own spiritual practices?

Authenticity as a Spiritual Practice

This is simple: Don’t follow people if you are truly following your own Path.

Listen to your guides and intuition then there is no cause for panic or worry because you are always staying true to you, and your path as your journey on this earth plane is a unique one of a kind, so don’t let another’s a change of heart take away from who you are.

You are still YOU!, divinely created and have a place on this earth, so keep shining, your gifts and talents are needed and as you watch others change, and use their platforms to spread their messages be very mindful not to cast judgments or fear-based energy onto one another. You and only you can decide if their truth is also your truth.

For there is a collective group, I will call the watchers that have been changing the frequencies and remotely impacting anyone who is called to be of service. Now I know it sounds scary or way out there to some people, here is how you can tell if you are experiencing this for yourself

The following list is given to you outside of any medical conditions, and should you suffer suicidal thoughts or think you have depression seek medical attention, never discontinue prescribed medication without consulting a medical professional.

* extreme fatigue

*hopelessness/self-sabotage

* headaches

*heaviness around your head & clouded third eye

*difficulty meditating or holding on to positive thoughts or motivation

*changes in weight & appetite

*lack of motivation

*extreme anxiety

*feeling lost, withdrawn

*angry

*unexplained pain

Alchemizing Your Own Self

As energy beings, we know when something is off, and if these appear out of the blue, and you’ve consulted a medical professional, and they can’t find anything wrong with you, you can rest assured that this is Energy. So now what? How do you stay balanced with all this crazy energy happening around you?

Meditate, if you don’t already you can find many books on meditation, there’s also guided meditations, I personally use Kelly Howell, brain sync, Jonathan Goldman, and Thaddeus from the Light body consciousness, just to name a few. There is a wealth of information on social media, just stick to the rules of if you get resistance, trust it, and if it flows it goes! Just remember, that not everything everyone states is indeed your truth, take what fits and incorporate your own wisdom and knowledge. Be kind and gentle with the process, it is something you have to do every day to see the benefits and changes that will occur. Keep with it, and if you skip a day, no sweat, just get right back at it and keep going, because you don’t have to be perfect, just consistently moving forward, just take the next step.
Authenticity and Healthy Living

The benefits of meditation are scientifically proven to improve your sense of wellbeing, reducing stress and anxiety and deepen your connection to Spirit

Next, take action towards healthy living, force yourself to go for a walk, any form of exercise and follow those intuitive nudges, like if you feel compelled to write, sit down and write, don’t worry about what it is your supposed to write about, it will come.

Stop trying to fix others, especially if itis draining you. Listen, as a healer I get this you want to help, but everything in their life has to line up, there are things people have to go through. It is a process of reckoning and being ready for the next step. If you are truly called to be of service for another, let Spirit guide you, and not your will be done but their higher power, whether its God, Spirit or an Angel.

If you Pray, pray simple, allow your Will to be done, because the truth is, the Divine Creator already knows what that person needs, as well as where your heart is and simply put they may not be ready for the changes you desire for their life, so let go and let God.

Eat foods that bring you joy, that makes you feel light, drinks plenty of water and avoids anything that can cause you to lose control while you are feeling vulnerable ( drugs or alcohol).?Say NO guilt-free of demands of your time, & remember if it flows it goes, and don’t do for others if it causes resentments or harsh energy. There are plenty of resources to assist you when caring for the needs of other humans without becoming codependent or drained.

Spend your time doing things that would bring you joy or are gentle for you while you regain momentum and strength, seek out help from others if that’s something that works for you.

Don’t focus so much on being “Grounded” as you do on finding the Balance within all things.

Here’s a Mantra I give to all my clients, and often use with things seem too big, because even I have a human experience and these are some of the lessons I have learned myself as someone who has been of service for over 20 yrs., you keep learning and growing it really never stop.

https://omtimes.com/2019/07/alchemy-authenticity/

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 02:49:18 PM »

Royal Parasites & Black Magicians

We live in a world where reality has been subjugated and inverted. The laws of nature have been trampled upon by a clique of parasitic hoarders who have hoodwinked the vast majority of people into accepting a life of hardship and bondage as a result on an inter-generational reign of terror meted out by these well-dressed entitlement-demanding bloodsuckers.

Surrounded by a cast of uniformed magicians in fuzzy hats who march around reinforcing the terror trance, these “royal” family welfare cases depend on humanity remaining under the illusion that people who live in castles should be respected rather than reviled. This illusion is etched ever deeper into the human psyche via assassinations, terror attacks, coups and the occasional world war.

The court magician Freemasons are instructed by the Privy Council to obfuscate, confuse, divide and indoctrinate society.

http://humansarefree.com/2019/07/royal-parasites-black-magicians.html

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 10:29:09 AM »

Introduction to Meaning and Uses of Moldavite

One look at Moldavite and there’s no question it is a stone of greatness, etherically carved of spiritual fire and destined for purpose. This mysterious green talisman is star-born, formed from nature’s violent meteoric impact with Mother Earth. Etched by force and flame as it fell from the heavens Moldavite returned to the earth’s surface transformed, a glass of amazing delicacy and grace ready to serve humankind.

As a Stone of Connectivity, Moldavite carries an intense frequency, a fusion of earthly and extraterrestrial energies that are quickly felt, often dramatically in those who resonate with its power. Holding Moldavite for the first time often produces a sensation of heat, felt first in the hand, then progressively throughout the body. In some cases the heart chakra is activated, experienced as a pounding pulse, followed by sweating or flushing of the face, and an emotional release that may range from laughter to tears. Moldavite’s frequency may take some getting used to, but its profound ability to accelerate one’s personal and spiritual evolution makes it highly sought after in the metaphysical world, both for its life-altering capabilities and as a catalyst for drawing in Light to aid in Earth’s healing. [Simmons, 262][Simmons/Warner, 30-32][Hall, 187]

Moldavite is a member of the Tektite group of natural glasses formed from interplanetary collisions. From the Greek word tektos, meaning “molten,” Tektites are glassy mixtures of silicon dioxide, aluminum oxide and other metal oxides with an amorphous crystal structure. Unlike other Tektites from around the world which are tar black or brownish-black, translucent Moldavite is a deep forest green and is the only variety suitable for cutting and faceting as a gem. [Simmons, 261][Simmons/Warner, 21]

This beautiful stone is rare, found only in Czechoslovakia, and is named for the area in which it is found, near the Moldau River (called the Vltava in Czech). While scientists differ in theories regarding Moldavite’s origin, nearly all agree its formation coincides with the crash of a large meteorite approximately 14.8 million years ago in what is now the Bohemian plateau. The rock metamorphosed by the heat of impact created a strew field of Moldavite in the two, mostly rural, areas of Bohemia and Moravia. Farmers often turned up the stones when plowing their fields, while other specimens worked their way to the surface after spring thaw or heavy rains in the fall. More recently collectors have “mined” for gem grade and museum quality specimens by sifting and digging through loose sands and gravels. [Simmons, 261][Simmons/Warner, 21-23]

The shapes of Moldavite give witness to its molten origins, most commonly drop-like (round to very flattened), plate or disc shaped, oval, spheroid, dumbbell shaped, elliptical, rod-like or spiral, all common in splash patterns of liquids. Moldavites from Bohemian localities are more drop-like, elongated or rod-like, while Moravian stones are more spherical. Moldavite occurs most often in shades of deep forest green, though some are pale green or olive, and others, especially from Moravia, are greenish-brown. [Simmons, 261][Simmons/Warner, 25]

The most magnificent of Moldavite’s features is the beautifully etched, carved, wrinkled or sculpted patterns inherent in raw and unpolished stones. Pieces found at or near the surface have been subjected to erosion in streams and rivers over the millennia and resemble the rough exterior common to river stones. More finely textured and sculpted specimens are found in sand or gravel pits, and ones found intact and unmarred are considered “museum grade” and are rare and valuable. The rarest of all (less than one percent) are the “sonorous” Moldavites, called Angel Chimes, which are tempered naturally and if dropped on a glass or metal surface “rings” like a coin. [Simmons/Warner, 38]

Moldavite has a rich history, prized since the Stone Age and used not only for arrowheads and cutting tools, but as a spiritual talisman and amulet of good fortune, fertility and protection. It was found in the archeological site of the Venus of Willendorf, the oldest known Goddess statue, and has been linked to legends of the Holy Grail, thought to be an emerald that fell from the sky out of Lucifer’s crown before he was cast from Heaven. In Czech lore, it was given as a betrothal gift to bring harmony to marital relations, and for centuries has been used in jewelry, religious items and for spiritual transformation. (See the Powers, Lore and Legends section.) [Hall, 187][Simmons, 261-264]

Moldavite is relatively fragile and should never be cleansed with salt to avoid scratching its surface. [Hall, 189][Melody, 413]

https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/moldavite