AuthorTopic: Prepping: Water Bath Canning With Vinegar  (Read 535 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Prepping: Water Bath Canning With Vinegar
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »

Natural Blaze

By Mac Slavo

After the post about vinegar went up, there were quite a few questions on some things, and I will attempt to tackle them one at a time.  Many had asked for a more detailed explanation on water bath canning with vinegar to preserve food.

First of all, water bath canning is a bit easier to master than pressure canning, according to most seasoned canners. But keep in mind, water bath canning works well for fruits and pickles, but canít be used for low-acid vegetables like cucumbers (unless you have a lot of vinegar). Whether food should be processed in a pressure canner or boiling-water canner to control botulinum bacteria depends on the acidity of the food. Acidity may be natural, as in most fruits, or added, as in pickled food. Low-acid canned foods are not acidic enough to prevent the growth of these bacteria. Acid foods, on the other hand, contain enough to block their growth or destroy them more rapidly when heated.

*NOTE: You should NEVER water bath can meats for safety reasons! Invest in a pressure cooker for meat!

https://www.naturalblaze.com/2019/05/prepping-water-bath-canning-with-vinegar.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind