AuthorTopic: Lucid Trucking  (Read 753 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Lucid Trucking
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 01:10:03 PM »
How about doing an interview from the road?  I'd like to see your truck!  We can talk about the economics of O/O, stupid 4-wheelers, the best Truckstops etc, etc, etc.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
How about doing an interview from the road?  I'd like to see your truck!  We can talk about the economics of O/O, stupid 4-wheelers, the best Truckstops etc, etc, etc.

RE

We can arrange that

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 01:19:32 PM »

RE

We can arrange that

Awesome!  We can do it on one of your mandatory 36 hour resets.  PM me with a time to do it.  Also PM your Skype ID so we can do a test of systems.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 01:23:29 PM »
A trucking podcast would likely be pretty popular.  In general truckers listen to more hours of podcasts than any other demographic.  I listen to around 10 podcasts as well as The Great Courses Plus and Amazon's Audible.  I probably listen to about 8 hours a day of podcasts as well as music on spotify. 

I imagine a collapse truckin' poscast would be a pretty unique podcast.  There are truckin' podcasts but they are strictly about truckin' related themes.  This could be a truckin' podcast that relates to collapse issues.  You'd want to get it on spotify and apple though...then there is stitcher.  Lot's of podcasters out there have made it big on their own merrits.  Not much money it it though.  I hear even the big independent podcasters only make a couple hundred bucks a month in advertisements.  The podcasts networks are brutal with their pound of flesh. 

I'd be willing to work with you though. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 01:36:22 PM »
A trucking podcast would likely be pretty popular.  In general truckers listen to more hours of podcasts than any other demographic.  I listen to around 10 podcasts as well as The Great Courses Plus and Amazon's Audible.  I probably listen to about 8 hours a day of podcasts as well as music on spotify. 

I imagine a collapse truckin' poscast would be a pretty unique podcast.  There are truckin' podcasts but they are strictly about truckin' related themes.  This could be a truckin' podcast that relates to collapse issues.  You'd want to get it on spotify and apple though...then there is stitcher.  Lot's of podcasters out there have made it big on their own merrits.  Not much money it it though.  I hear even the big independent podcasters only make a couple hundred bucks a month in advertisements.  The podcasts networks are brutal with their pound of flesh. 

I'd be willing to work with you though.

We already have a pro account on Soundcloud, that's where all the archives of our prior Podcasts are.  Soundcloud has a very wide audience also, I don't think it's necessary to move to Spotify.  If it works out, maybe I would add it though as a 2nd transmission channel.

Mostly now I am into doing Vidcasts though, which definitely would be cutting edge as far as trucking is concerned.  I also take the audio and strip it out of the video to make a podcast out of it as well.

Collapse discussion from OTR would be VERY much in line with the Diner focus, since I often talk about the issues involved with JIT trucking nd so forth.

This could be a HIT!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »
We also both know the ins and outs of the industry.  I don't know dry van so much, but I know flatbedding.  Also I'm just not embarking on an O/O journey so that could be catalogued in real time. 

Offline UnhingedBecauseLucid

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 12:44:19 PM »
In general truckers listen to more hours of podcasts than any other demographic.  I listen to around 10 podcasts as well as The Great Courses Plus and Amazon's Audible.  I probably listen to about 8 hours a day of podcasts as well as music on spotify. 

Here's an interesting one you can currently get for free from YouTube  : Bethany McLean's The Smartest Guys in the Room
In two parts, both on YouTube.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zjYPYxUwFuo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zjYPYxUwFuo</a>

A little 'heady' and probably not a good one to keep calm while driving (!) a heavy transport truck (!!), but in the end you might get a chuckle or two by realizing how the sums involved appear so inconsequential by today's standard... which doesn't take away from the epic fraud and equally epic amount of dumb blind faith in markets, but I truly believe Enron was the real harbinger of what was to come...
Man can do what he will, but he cannot will what he wills.
~ A. Schopenhauer