AuthorTopic: "The Seneca Strategy" -- Asking for Suggestions from my Readers  (Read 646 times)

youtube-Logo-2gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of Ugo Bardi

Video & Audio by RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on Cassandra's Legacy on June 9, 2019

Coming this Sunday, June 16th, 2019 to a Laptop Near You

A Collapse Conversation with Professor Ugo Bardi

Discuss this article at the Collapse Narratives Table inside the Diner

About Amelia the Amoeba, she is a pedigreed Naegleria Fowleri, a species known for her habit of eating human brains – an interesting case of a Seneca Collapse for the owner of the brain. But Amelia is a good girl and she won't do that to you if you are nice to her.

My second book on the concept of "Seneca Collapse" (or Cliff, or Ruin, or the like) is nearly completed and it should be available from Springer before the end of the year. It is a sequel to my first book, "The Seneca Effect", but this second one is thought as more easily readable "trade" book. It will be sold at a reasonable price, unlike the first one that was supposed to be a specialized, scientific book.

You see above a first attempt at a title and a cover for this book. Of course, the publisher will devise a better cover illustration, but the real issue is the title, still provisional. I used "The Seneca Strategy" as a title because the book focuses on how to deal with collapses rather than on the physics of collapses. It proposes a strategy that's based on the Stoic view of the world revisited under the lens of system dynamics. It is the idea that you don't try to force systems to do what you want them to do, a concept that Jay Forrester termed "pushing the levers in the wrong direction."

But, as it stands, the title is no good. My editor told me that, "“collapse” is not a friendly, or familiar, word to most readers. It seems to apply only to extreme events that don’t affect most people. " That is, people won't understand what the book is about. I think he is correct and that I need a better title — a title that explains what's inside the book.

So, dear readers, could you focus your creative skills on this task and suggest a few titles for me? I think the title should contain the words "collapse" and "Seneca," but then there are many possibilities, for instance, I am toying with "Paths to Ruin" but creativity often consists in trying many different ideas and I am sure many of you could suggest something good. Hoping that not all of my readers are bots, I'll sure appreciate your efforts! (Amelia will also be grateful)

Here is the index of the book, to give you some idea of what it is about.

1. Table of Contents

1. Preface 4

1.1 A quick glossary of the terms you’ll find in this book. 5

2. Summary: Six Things You Should Know About Collapse 6

3. Plan of the Book (not necessarily to be published) 8

4. Collapse: An Introduction 9

5. Models of Collapse 14

5.2 The Limits of Models. Nightfall on Lagash 23

5.3 Why Models are not Believed: The Croesus Syndrome 29

6. The Science of Collapse 36

6.1 Complex Systems: The Goddess’ Wrath 36

6.2 The Power of Networks: The Ghost in the Shell 42

6.3 Living and Dying in a Complex Universe. The Story of Amelia the Amoeba. 52

7. The Practice of Collapse 76

7.1 The Collapse of Engineered Structures: For Dust you are and to Dust you Will Return 76

7.2 Financial Collapses: Blockbuster goes bust. 84

7.3 Natural Disasters: Florence’s Great Flood 94

7.4 Mineral Collapses: The Coming Oil Crisis? 103

7.5 The Seneca Cliff and Human Violence: Fatal Quarrels. 111

7.6 Famines, Epidemics, and Depopulation: The Zombie Apocalypse 117

7.7 The Big One: Societal Collapse 125

7.8 Apocalypse: the collapse of the Earth’s ecosystem 132

8. Strategies for Managing Collapse 138

8.1 Technological Progress against Collapse. The Cold Fusion Miracle that Wasn’t. 138

8.2 Avoiding Overexploitation. Drill, Baby, Drill! 148

8.3 Leadership Against Collapse: The Last Roman Empress. 155

8.4 Collapse as a Weapon: The Iago Strategy 164

8.5 Deception as a Strategy: the Camper’s Dilemma 174

8.6 Life After Collapse: The Seneca Rebound 181

9. Conclusion: The Seneca Strategy 189

11. Acknowledgment 195

12. REFERENCES 196

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: \
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
Dark night of the soul at a global level on a personal basis. Does that make sense ?
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »
Dark night of the soul at a global level on a personal basis. Does that make sense ?

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

My mistake. The 3rd. No baggage allowed in the 5th  :icon_sunny:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

In 3D space, it is incomplete without an explanation of what you are referring to and how it applies.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

In 3D space, it is incomplete without an explanation of what you are referring to and how it applies.

RE

Dark night of the soul is when you start questioning your past behavioral patterns & an Ah-Haa moment occurs. The finger pointing aspect smacks you in the face. It's not
those S.O.B.'s, it was me all along. It's the way I perceive the outside. Of course change is needed. I think I'll start with me.
Anthony Robbins & The Late Wayne Dyer sell this program & receive an income from it.
A soul realizes they have been their own worst enemy. More & more people are waking up to the fact that their own personal universe needs to change.
To change the planet, growth comes from within a person, not on the outside.

You are what you think & consume. It's all energy.  :icon_sunny:

Multiple realities co-exist simultaneously, currently. This means if you're comfortable where you are in 3 & 3's going to hell in a hand basket, you get what you get.
If a soul desires a higher vibrational frequency of existence, with the increase in cosmic energy, that goal is an attainable reality.
There's no judgement in the 5th & up. Judgement, is tied to the egoic mind of this reality, currently.

Hope this helps.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

RE

Dark night of the soul is when you start questioning your past behavioral patterns & an Ah-Haa moment occurs. The finger pointing aspect smacks you in the face. It's not
those S.O.B.'s, it was me all along. It's the way I perceive the outside. Of course change is needed. I think I'll start with me.
Anthony Robbins & The Late Wayne Dyer sell this program & receive an income from it.
A soul realizes they have been their own worst enemy. More & more people are waking up to the fact that their own personal universe needs to change.

Multiple realities co-exist simultaneously, currently. This means if you're comfortable where you are in 3 & 3's going to hell in a hand basket, you get what you get.
If a soul desires a higher vibrational frequency of existence, with the increase in cosmic energy, that goal is an attainable reality.
There's no judgement in the 5th & up. Judgement, is tied to the egoic mind of this reality, currently.

Hope this helps.

OK, so how does that apply to this thread and to which post specifically were you replying?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

RE

Hope this helps.

OK, so how does that apply to this thread and to which post specifically were you replying?

RE

It's a perception......

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »

In 3D, 4D or 5D space?

RE

RE

Hope this helps.

RE

It's a perception......

That didn't answer the question I asked.  What comes after the 3 dots...?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:29 PM »
For example...

We've had numerous articles lately about the harsh weather in the U.S. regarding soon to come food prices because of inability to plant crops or crop failures.
Other parts of the world grow crops as well. Corn being a biggie.

My perception is that I'll still be able to buy a 2 to 3 dollar bag of Fritos in last part of this year. The official narrative states that food prices will soar by August.

Ugo writes a bout collapse of civilization & he's right. Your right. Surly's right. I'm right. Dawgs right, were all correct. It's our 3D holographic perception of collapse

& recovery. Knarf's article some time back states we've had 13 reset type extinctions. The planet's a living being. The 3rd is slowed way down so we can accomplish a

large number of soul experiences on this planet, one of them being collapse. Hope this helps.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 01:29:25 PM »
For example...

We've had numerous articles lately about the harsh weather in the U.S. regarding soon to come food prices because of inability to plant crops or crop failures.

My perception is that I'll still be able to buy a 2 to 3 dollar bag of Fritos in last part of this year. The official narrative states that food prices will soar by August.

Ugo writes a bout collapse of civilization & he's right. Your right. Surly's right. I'm right. Dawgs right, were all correct. It's our 3D holographic perception of collapse

& recovery. Knarf's article some time back states we've had 13 reset type extinctions. The planet's a living being. The 3rd is slowed way down so we can accomplish a

large number of soul experiences on this planet, one of them being collapse. Hope this helps.

That's the most cogent explanation you've ever written on the Diner.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 01:41:15 PM »
For example...

RE

Thank you for prompting me.

The "meta" physical side should be included in diner discussions. Quantum 1st  :icon_sunny: and see what happens in the physical realm as a result.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »
For example...

RE

Thank you for prompting me.

The "meta" physical side should be included in diner discussions. Quantum 1st  :icon_sunny: and see what happens in the physical realm as a result.

That's what the Spirituality & Mysticism Forum is for.  Feel free to start a new topic.

RE
Save As Many As You Can