AuthorTopic: Where Are All the Bob Ross Paintings?  (Read 124 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Where Are All the Bob Ross Paintings?
« on: July 13, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »

Bob Ross made three versions of each painting that appeared on “The Joy of Painting.” The first was made before the show, to be used as a reference. He painted the second during the 26-minute taping, sometimes with last-minute improvisations. The third was made afterward, for instructional books.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/arts/bob-ross-paintings-mystery.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Where Are All the Bob Ross Paintings?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

Bob Ross made three versions of each painting that appeared on “The Joy of Painting.” The first was made before the show, to be used as a reference. He painted the second during the 26-minute taping, sometimes with last-minute improvisations. The third was made afterward, for instructional books.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/arts/bob-ross-paintings-mystery.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Fascinating story. Bob Ross was a PBS staple in the 80s, and was well watched by people who never picked up a brush but who loved his pleasing, low key style.

Better than Prozac.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are All the Bob Ross Paintings?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »
Bob was my designer guru in the 90's. If I was off on Saturday mornings from work I'd sit home & watch his show religiously.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind