AuthorTopic: Elon Musk Announcement: Letís Merge Human Brains To ďAchieve A Symbiosis With AI  (Read 148 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

JULY 17, 2019

By Mac Slavo

Elon Musk finally admitted late Tuesday that Neuralinkís (Muskís brain-machine interface startup) official goal is to eventually merge human brains with artificial intelligence. The ultimate ending would be to ďachieve a symbiosis with artificial intelligence.Ē

Musk plans to begin human trials on an early version of Neuralink intended to treat brain injuries next year, and he says that by ďmerging with AI,Ē humans will be able to keep up with AI. ďUltimately we can do a full brain-machine interface,Ē Musk said in an announcement that was widely live-streamed, according to a report by Vice.

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/07/elon-musk-announcement-lets-merge-human-brains-to-achieve-a-symbiosis-with-ai.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

JULY 17, 2019

By Mac Slavo

Elon Musk finally admitted late Tuesday that Neuralinkís (Muskís brain-machine interface startup) official goal is to eventually merge human brains with artificial intelligence. The ultimate ending would be to ďachieve a symbiosis with artificial intelligence.Ē

Musk plans to begin human trials on an early version of Neuralink intended to treat brain injuries next year, and he says that by ďmerging with AI,Ē humans will be able to keep up with AI. ďUltimately we can do a full brain-machine interface,Ē Musk said in an announcement that was widely live-streamed, according to a report by Vice.

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/07/elon-musk-announcement-lets-merge-human-brains-to-achieve-a-symbiosis-with-ai.html

What could be possibly go wrong?

Indeed, this tis one of the plot lines of the series "Years and Years" that I've been flogging for the last couple of weeks. Series is set in the near future. Adolescent daughter wants to become "pure data." This leads to an adventure with a friend that doesn't end well.

Somewhere Ray Kurzweil is laughing.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

JULY 17, 2019

By Mac Slavo

What could be possibly go wrong?

Indeed, this tis one of the plot lines of the series "Years and Years" that I've been flogging for the last couple of weeks. Series is set in the near future. Adolescent daughter wants to become "pure data." This leads to an adventure with a friend that doesn't end well.

Somewhere Ray Kurzweil is laughing.

That cat's too much. I'm glad he gives you verbage for your work.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Merge humans with AI will just result in stupid AI.

JOW

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

JOW

My nomination for quote of the month!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

JOW

:emthup:   :icon_sunny: