AuthorTopic: Donít Camp at Walmart, you'll feel cheap & dirty.....  (Read 264 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Donít Camp at Walmart, you'll feel cheap & dirty.....
« on: July 27, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »

Big-box parking lots are an easy stopgap, but thereís so much public land waiting for those willing to look a little.

A few weeks ago, we were headed east on I-10 across southern Arizona en route to Rockhound State Park in Deming, New Mexico, when it became clear that we were going to have to drive into the night if we wanted to make our destination. Weíd already been on the move since dawn, the low tangerine sun behind us cast long shadows from the saguaros, and Deming was still three hours up the road. In these pinch moments, when weíre tired, short on time, donít want to hassle with setupóand only in these momentsóitís tempting to pull Artemis, which is what we call our Airstream, into a Walmart. Many of the companyís stores (though not all) allow RVs and trailers to camp in their lots, providing simplicity and succor to weary travelers. Scanning my phone, I discovered one just a few miles ahead, in the town of Benson.

Despite our fatigue, we did not stop. And neither should you.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/don-t-camp-at-walmart?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind