AuthorTopic: Rock of Ages  (Read 2778 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of Ages 2: The Monument is PLANTED!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 07:03:52 AM »
This has been a long time in the works. Your monument makers seem to have done a good job as well. Congratulations.

Just about exactly 2 years from when I contracted for it.

In the end though despite all the frustrations along the way, it came out great and as a bonus I got it planted on my Birthday (well a day before to be exact).  Today is actually my natal day.  Best birthday present EVAH!  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of Ages
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 07:51:01 AM »
RE, I just now watched the Magnificent Monument of the Sun Foundation video! I have thought too of making a time capsule, but never thought of that. It is SUPERB! I want to thank you for being on this planet during my stay, and all that you are and do for the well being of our screwed up world caused by the apex of evolution ( in myth anyway), we Homo Sapiens. For me, it is makes me quite happy the way I experience you.
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is a BIG FUCKING MESS!!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 08:07:09 AM »
RE, I just now watched the Magnificent Monument of the Sun Foundation video! I have thought too of making a time capsule, but never thought of that. It is SUPERB! I want to thank you for being on this planet during my stay, and all that you are and do for the well being of our screwed up world caused by the apex of evolution ( in myth anyway), we Homo Sapiens. For me, it is makes me quite happy the way I experience you.

WOW!  That's a great testimonial Knarf!  Mucho THX!  :icon_sunny:

I also am glad you are here with me trying to get the message out and inform people of what is coming down the pipe.  Two Monks of different sorts, but a common goal.  :emthup:

Save As Many As You Can.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Rock of Ages 2: The Monument is PLANTED!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 08:46:50 AM »
This has been a long time in the works. Your monument makers seem to have done a good job as well. Congratulations.

Just about exactly 2 years from when I contracted for it.

In the end though despite all the frustrations along the way, it came out great and as a bonus I got it planted on my Birthday (well a day before to be exact).  Today is actually my natal day.  Best birthday present EVAH!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Well congratulations all around! Happy birthday. Am thinking there may be a celebratory Sixpack in your future!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »

WOW!  That's a great testimonial Knarf!  Mucho THX!  :icon_sunny:

I also am glad you are here with me trying to get the message out and inform people of what is coming down the pipe.  Two Monks of different sorts, but a common goal.  :emthup:

Save As Many As You Can.

RE

In your next 3D life here, commission one of these, for shits & giggles

Good job RE  :icon_sunny:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QMB2kDPm0-E&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QMB2kDPm0-E&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rock of Ages 2: Travelogue
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 11:44:03 PM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner September 1, 2019

The Fun of Flying

Discuss this article at the SUN Table inside the Diner

Regular readers of the Diner Forum know I am currently out of state from the Last Great Frontier of Alaska on another one of my Cripple Cart Jet-Setting Adventures related to the SUN‚ėľ Monument, which by no coincidence is also my Tombstone.  I'll be writing a full article and producing a video just about that aspect of this trip after I get home, but for today I'll just fill in the readers and viewers with other aspects of this trip I am trying to accomplish.

It's also no coincidence where the Final Resting Place for the rest of Eternity is for the SUN‚ėľ Monument, it's dead center of Flyover Country in the FSoA, Springfield, MO.  This because it's where my few remaining family members live, and it's where my mom died and was buried.  So I bought a plot there for myself after my accident, figuring it wasn't going to be long before I was pushing up daisies myself.

SUN‚ėľ represents everything I have stood for over my time as an observer of Collapse, which goes back basically to 2007 or so.  In 2013, I founded a Non-profit 501c3 corporation to try and fulffil the goals I would like to see achieved, to "Build a Better Tomorrow" for whatever Homo Saps manage to survive the crash of this civilization, and to "Save As Many As You Can" of the creatures (including but not limited to Homo Saps) currently inhabiting the planet.

It has been a slog and slow going with this Mission, and due to my less-than-perfect health (lol), it's unlikely that I can see this project through to completion.  Even if I was in perfect health though, it would be unlikely because rebuilding after this civilization crash will take many generations, so I wanted to leave behind a message that would last as long as possible.  Of all the media you have to work with, none lasts longer than stone.  The oldest writing we have is on stone tablets, so what better place to put down the message and the principles than my Tombstone?  I used the best and hardest Granite I could get, and had the stones carved in China and here for the final engravings.  Of course, it wasn't easy to boil down the millions of words I have written to what I could fit on a Tombstone, but I think I hit the important points.

I'll write more and have more video on the SUN‚ėľ Monument Project after I get back to the Last Great Frontier, but that wasn't the only thing this trip was about.  Since I am living through my own personal form of collapse, I have a lot of things I want to tie up the loose ends on before I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.  The videos which follow here are a few snippets from the trip so far, negotiating the plane flights with my Cripple Cart, getting my Jeep which has been sitting in a storage unit for 12 years running and gettng a new & improved system for trailering all my stuff while traveling so I am not constantly having crashes and having to jury rig the contraption throughout the traveling, which believe you me gets old very fast. lol.

So this is a travelogue of this adventure, but not like your normal travelogue vids of picturesque places to visit.  About the most picturesque place in this set is the Bates Motel I am staying at, a Motel 6 where Tom Burdett left the light on for me. ūüôā  It's all unedited stuff, I don't have time or energy to do any editing or make any title pages or wipes and other transitions right now.  I do think they are kind of fun to watch though, and mostly not too long.

More coming after I get home.

A half empty jet

Touring the Bates Motel

Trying to start a Jeep after 12 years in a storage unit

Creating the new & improved Cripple Cart trailer rig hookup

A well equipped Shop.  Don't Collapse without one.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Preppers' Mecca
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2019, 07:33:16 AM »
The original one.  It even has a restaurant, Hemingway's.  I'll have a review of it for the Cooking Zone.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f7sgqvhQyvE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f7sgqvhQyvE</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A Day Off in Flyover Country
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2019, 05:43:07 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rgyhi-f2WAg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rgyhi-f2WAg</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Day Off in Flyover Country
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2019, 07:07:17 AM »
On the road again!  Made it thru TSA again, except this time they stole one of my Plasma lighters.  :(  I have another one back home, only $16.  I'll get Bezos to send me another one for a spare when I get back.  They let the thing thru on the way here, so I don't get this.  It's also not in the regulations that plasma lighters are not allowed.  Somebody wanted a cool lighter.  ::)

The new Cripple Cart trailer rig appears to be working fairly well, although it caused an argument with my BIL over "labor charges".  WTF charges a relative $50/hr for doing a favor?  WTF?  Also if you recall, I took a Bates Motel room for this trip.  Who's sister doesn't offer a room after 8 YEARS since I last visited when my mom died?  The next time my sister sees me, I will be a fucking corpse.

3 more airports to go and then the Cripple Cab back to the digs.  Should if all is on time and no major issues with the rig make it home by around 9PM Alaska time.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Trip Home from HELL
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 07:52:41 AM »
I am back in the digs after a flight back that resembled Dante's Inferno.  Everything went horribly, horribly wrong.

First, the new trailer hitch my brother in law made didn't work after the first airport, because the baggage guys couldn't get the cotter pin which holds it together through the holes, it was too tight a fit.  Then I couldn't use the Cripple Cart at all because American Airlines lost the key and my spare key I thought I had with me was on another set at home.  Finally on arrival at Ted Stevens Airport in loading up the Cripple Cab my Wheelchair Jockey forgot to take my small Wheelie Bag with all my important papers (Passport, Checkbook etc) and IDs as well as my Laptop from under the wheelchair.  I only noticed when I took inventory of my bags in the van.  This followed by an hour of agony contacting Alaska Baggage, Airport Police, the Wheelchair Jockey Contractor and finally locating the Wheelchair Jockey who remembered he left it under the chair and went running to find the chair he had used and MIRACULOUSLY found the bag!  That is about the only good part of this story.

All's Well that Ends Well though, I am back home safe & sound and the Tombstone is planted on its Final Resting Place for the rest of Eternity.  I crashed when I got home and got a few hours of desperately needed sleep.

Casualties for this trip were the Plasma Lighter the TSA stole, a Black Hoodie I left in the Dallas airport on the way there, and two extra seat cushions I had for the Cripple Cart I left in the Bates Motel.  Total replacement cost for these items around $100.

I am not going to fly again for a while.  I need a long recovery time from this one.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
☠️ Coming Attractions: The Diner Rocks!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 05:56:19 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdKpdDhGsDc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WdKpdDhGsDc</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ☠️ Coming Attractions: The Diner Rocks!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 10:23:42 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdKpdDhGsDc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WdKpdDhGsDc</a>

Drive by's in a marble orchard.......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wVOa3xhl0bg&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wVOa3xhl0bg&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ☠️ Coming Attractions: The Diner Rocks!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »

Drive by's in a marble orchard.......

Granite, not Marble.  Marble is too soft, erodes too fast.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Setting the Stone on the Collapse of Industrial Civilization: The Christening
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2019, 07:11:26 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner September 29, 2019

Discuss this article & video at the SUN Table inside the Diner

I've been feeling pretty under the weather for the last couple of weeks, with very low energy to do any writing.  It's unfortunate since there is so MUCH to write about these days in the World of Collapse  The Trumpovetsky Impeachment grows ever more bizzare each day with new revelations, new inquiries, new subpoenas and new comedy.  The Tweeter-in-Chief digs himself an ever deeper hole, and Repugnant Rats are jumping ship all over the place.  At this point impeachment articles are pretty certain to be brought, to be followed by a trial in the Senate.  Whether enough Repugnant Senators will vote his Trumpness out of the Oval Office remains to be seen.  It all depends on public opinion, and whether the 20 or so Senators up for reelection in 2020 consider Orange Julius to be too much of a liability to support anymore.

Starring also this week in the Reality TV show is El Presidente's personal lawyer, Rudolf the Red Faced ex-mayor of the Big Apple.  The videos of Rudi going ballistic in interviews are truly insane and more farcical than any Cold Open tha SNL has ever done.  He is of course now himself under investigation, and his employer isn't even sure he's still his attorney.  Guaranteed, Trumpofsky will attempt to throw

Rudi under the bus at some point here.

The list of "officials" who have either quit or been fired from their White House jobs keeps growing, and Whistleblowers are growing like Mushrooms on a cool damp morning in Kennett Square, PA.

There's still more action going on across the Pond , where BoJo continues to fight for his political life over the possible (but unlikely) so-called "No Deal" Brexit, which would be a complete economic clusterfuck and turn what's left of the European banking system into mincemeat.  More likely here is a capitulation by BoJo with another "kick-the-can" delay and further negotiations with Brussels, also sure to go nowhere.  Everybody is completely sick of this Kabuki theater, but nobody can come up with a workable compromise solution, because well…THERE ISN'T ONE!  You can't fix Collapse.

There was tons more worth writing about this week, from the Extinction Rebellion global demonstrations to the Blackouts in California affecting the Big Shities of San Francisco and Los Angeles.  This time around the Wildfires have hit in highly populated areas, and PG & E is trying to limit their liability by shutting off the power.  They're already dead broke of course and will get further sued for not keeping up with maintenance on the grid.

Anyhow though these topics all deserve blogs of their own, I don't have the energy to write them right now.  What I did do was produce the video I made a month or so ago on my trip to the lower 48 to plant the SUN Monument on its Eternal Resting Place in the North Greenlawn Cemetery in Springfield, MO.  In this video, you'll find out WHY the SUN Monument exists and what its purpose and rationale is.  It took a terrifically long time to complete and I'm just glad I stayed above ground long enough to get it DONE.  So with that final statement that should last long after the internet goes dark, hopefully whoever survives the maelstrom to come will know something about what went wrong here on Planet Earth and have a signpost with instructions on how NOT to make the same mistakes over again.  You're all invited to the Funeral when I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.  You can't miss it, nothing else remotely like it in the cemetery.

Collapse is in full swing now, we're on the way down the first big hill on the roller coaster, and we're riding off the rails on the Crazy Train.

Save As Many As You Can